Treatment of cough and runny nose inhalationSymptom of many diseases is an unpleasant phenomenon, like cough. In order to get rid of it and the illness that caused it, treatment should be carried out in a comprehensive, comprehensive manner. For this, different methods exist in modern medicine. Inhalations for cough and cold are one of them. This is a fairly harmless and effective way to combat the disease. Its great advantages are ease of use, availability, and a wide range of selectable tools.
The effect of inhalations in the treatment of cough and cold
The secret of the positive effects of vapors on the body, their invaluable help in the fight against reflex spasms of the diaphragm lies in the fact that the smallest droplets of fluid when inhaled fall even into the most distant sections of the chest and are absorbed into the blood. This several times increases the strength of the therapeutic effects of various formulations, which are inhaled by coughing and runny nose, often accompanied by an unpleasant symptom. Besides:
- The mucous membranes of the respiratory organs are moistened.
- Sputum is diluted.
- There is a prophylaxis of degeneration of the disease into a chronic stage.
- Accelerated recovery of the patient.
Indications for inhalation in the treatment of cough and cold
Inhalation of medications is a fairly effective method to combat respiratory tract spasms, provoked by the following diseases:
- Bronchial asthma.
- Fungal infections of the respiratory system.
It should be remembered that before starting the procedure it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the limitations for its application.
Contraindications to inhalation in the treatment of cough
There are a number of conditions in which the inhalation of vapors is prohibited:
- The presence of fever.
- Excretion of purulent sputum.
- Propensity to bleeding from the nose.
- Coughing with blood.
- Allergy to the medicinal product used.
- Severe diseases of the cardiovascular system (strokes, heart attacks, hypertension, atherosclerosis).
- Diseases of the respiratory system in severe form.
If there are no contraindications, then you can choose the appropriate procedure and proceed with its implementation.
Types of inhalations for cough and cold management
Inhalants can be hot (evaporation has a temperature above 30 degrees) and cold. The mechanism of inhalation formation is:
In the first case, the medicinal substance evaporates naturally along with the water in which it was diluted, and the person breathes the obtained substance. For hot inhalation, two methods are used:
1. The medicinal composition is heated in a saucepan to 50-60 degrees, the fire turns off, the patient covers his head with a towel, breathes for 5-10 minutes.
2. If a teapot is used, a rolled paper tube is inserted in its spout and the vapors are inhaled through it.
When performing the procedure with the help of devices, the drug substance is filled into the compressor inhalers from a cough and sprayed directly into the respiratory system of the patient. Such devices break the drug into the smallest particles and squirt them.
Rules of inhalation in the treatment of cough and cold
For successful implementation of the procedure, there are a number of recommendations that need to be adhered to:
1.Do manipulations in a sitting posture.
2. To be silent.
3. Check the expiry date of medicines.
4. Use to dissolve drugs saline in inhalers and clean water for steam procedures.
5. Inhale slowly and deeply.
6. The procedure should be 5-10 minutes.
7. There are no earlier than an hour and a half before the start of the process.
8. After the procedure can not: smoke, eat, drink for an hour.
9. If inhalations are carried out with a cold and cough, then breathing is necessary with the mouth and nose.
When using inhalers, you must carefully read the instructions attached to them.
If a steam procedure is carried out, it is forbidden to lean over boiling water and inhale it, the temperature of the liquid should not be more than 60 degrees.
Solutions for inhalation in the treatment of cough
The use of drugs depends on the nature of the spastic exhalations and the illness they are caused. For the appointment of the necessary remedy, it is necessary to visit a doctor who will conduct the examination and recommend the most effective one. For the treatment of cough in children and adults, medicines and folk methods are used:
- Expanding bronchi.
- Thinning phlegm and facilitating the process of its separation.
The right choice of a medicine is the key to a successful fight against ailment.
Solutions for inhalation in the treatment of dry cough
Different types of reflex spastic exhalations are treated with different compounds.
With dry barking cough apply:
- Soda solution.
- Herbal decoctions (infusions of chamomile, linden, thyme, sage).
- Essential oils or drops with water (eucalyptus, mint, almond).
- Drugs diluted in saline (berodual, berotek, lazolvan, mukaltin, ambroben, tussamag, lidocaine, atrovent, ACTS, romazulan, narzan).
- Miromistin, Rotokan.
The use of funds is directed to: removal of swelling of mucous membranes, acceleration of the process of sputum formation, degeneration of cough into wet, elimination of laryngeal narrowing.
Solutions for inhalation in the treatment of wet cough
Procedures for controlling wet productive spastic exhalations are aimed more at increasing sputum expulsion than at their arrest.
With a wet cough apply:
- Diluted essential oils.
- Herbal preparations.
- Mineral water of alkaline varieties (Borjomi).
- Fizrastvor, mixed with medicines: furatsilinom, chlorophylliptom, flujumitsilom).
Solutions for inhalation in the treatment of allergic cough
Procedures for weakening the reflex movements of the diaphragm caused by the allergen are carried out to eliminate the spastic reflex and reduce swelling of the tissues.
When treating this cough, saline is used with medicines:
Universal prescription for inhalations in the treatment of cough and cold
Such a composition is well suited to combat any kinds of spastic reflex exhalations in patients of different ages:
- Boil 1 glass of clean water, put a crushed tablet of validol, 1 teaspoon of soda, 7 drops of iodine tincture.
- Composition pour into the kettle.
- Lips clasp his nose, inhale the vapor.
- At the end of the inhalation immediately go to bed.
- The procedure should be repeated at bedtime for 10 minutes for 3 days.
Cold inhalation in the treatment of cough and cold
The easiest way to inhale the right substances is the cold in the room are placed cups, which you can put:
- Grate the radish.
- Acquire essential oils.
Cold inhalations are not as effective as hot, but more simple, do not require special preparation.
It should be remembered that the most effective treatment for a strong cough and runny nose occurs with the combined use of different methods. Inhalations are one of the effective methods, but not the only one. For the correct choice of ways of treatment of ailment, their effective combination it is necessary to visit a doctor and get his advice.
What inhalations for a cold can be done with a nebulizer for children: recipes
Treatment of runny nose in children causes conflicting opinions. Someone is waiting for him to pass by himself, while others are using strong drops, hoping that they will help faster. It is difficult to judge their safety. Rhinitis is dangerous because it blocks air access, and a child with a stuffy nose can experience attacks of suffocation. Recently, more and more parents are acquiring nebulizers - inhalers. Procedures with them are able in the shortest time to save the baby from the cold. Inhalations with a cold in the nebulizer recipes for children are always available, and the most basic ones can be found from the article
How to treat
Before using this device, the child should first explain the procedure. After all, the appearance of the mask can frighten the child, and he will not want to put it on himself. The effectiveness of inhalation nebulizer for rhinitis will depend on the correctness of the exercise, so you need to follow several tips:
- Do not perform the procedure immediately after the child receives food.It is necessary to wait at least an hour;
- If the baby has a high fever, then inhalation is prohibited. It is better to wait until it goes down, and then you can use the nebulizer;
- it is necessary to explain to the crumb that it must breathe through the nose, and exhale through the mouth, while between them it is necessary to hold their breath for a few seconds;
- Use oil formulations in such an inhaler can not.They can cause pneumonia and complications. And also lead to a breakdown of the device;
- During inhalation, make sure that the baby is not distracted and does not talk;
- It is forbidden to use herbal decoctions, this does not apply to infusions of herbs, since they do not contain particles that can damage the apparatus;
- if the purchased product for the procedure has age limits, then before using it, consult a pediatrician.
In order for the child to get comfortable with the nebulizer, show its effect on his example. Demonstrate how to wear and properly breathe out. Let the kid press on the buttons of the device and hold the handset in his hands.
After that, he will necessarily want to try it on himself. The procedure for young children should not exceed 10 minutes. Do not make the child sit all the time, if he does not want to, then let the inhalations be short, then they should be carried out more often. Try to do them before bedtime, this is the most optimal time for effective treatment.
The video tells what to do inhalation for a cold with a nebulizer to a child:
How to breathe through a nebulizer with a cold? The content and proportions of the formulations for inhalation are prescribed by the pediatrician. He also indicates the number of doses and dosages. Below are the most popular formulations that can quickly act on the disease.
Recipe # 1
The simplest and most applicable is the use of a saline solution. Most often it is used,% salt composition. And sometimes you can use the mineral alkaline water "Narzan" and "Borjomi". Before it is poured into the nebulizer, the remedy should be slightly warmed first. Breathing it, the child's spout will be cleaned of unwanted crusts that have grown on its internal surfaces. And also its use to reduce the feeling of dryness in the nose and improve the departure of mucus.
Many drugs for use in the nebulizer are diluted with a physiological solution. In this case, a certain ratio of him and the drug is maintained.After preparation, such formulations should be stored in the refrigerator, but not more than 24 hours.Before use, they must be heated to room temperature. If during the treatment the pediatrician prescribed several medications and told them the sequence of application, then it is necessary to observe this clearly.
Learn how to get rid of an allergic cough in a child.
Read, at what cough to take syrup Erespal.
Traditional methods of treatment of tonsillitis: http://prolor.ru/bez-rubriki/lechenie-narodnymi-sredstvami.html.
Recipe No. 2
For the treatment of serious diseases, the doctor will prescribe inhalations with medications, such as Ambrobene or Lazolvan for inhalations. These medications for inhalations with a nebulizer in the common cold combine one active substance - ambroxol. They help to remove viscous sputum from a child's body. Preparation of the solution consists in mixing the drug with saline solution in the ratio:. Apply them only five days. The dosage for children is as follows:
- to children under 2 years - 1 ml of the composition;
- over two and up to 6 - 2 ml;
- children over the age of six - 2 - 3 ml.
The procedure should be done twice a day. Such drugs can not be used together with antitussives.
The video tells about how to do Lazolvanom inhalations for a child's cold:
Recipe # 3
Tincture of propolis can remove inflammatory processes. To prepare the composition for inhalation, take 1 ml of the drug and dilute in 20 ml of saline. For inhalation, 2 ml of the formulation obtained is used. The procedure must be repeated three times a day. This recipe can be used only for children who do not have allergies to beekeeping products.
Solutions for infants
A baby's nose may become a serious problem.If he has a stuffy nose, the child will be capricious and against this background, he will be knocked down by the regime of the day, he will sleep badly and his temperature may rise from his anxiety.Therefore, if special remedies for eliminating mucus from the spout do not help, inhalations should be used that will facilitate its breathing and relieve swelling.
It is formed as a result of the still not fully formed internal structure of the baby's nose. Its passageways are very narrow, and the mucous membranes are vulnerable. Therefore, with the disease of the runny nose, the first two days suffer from severe swelling. The nebulizer is able to cope with all these manifestations.
For babies up to a year you can apply all the same saline solution without diluting it. Solutions of soda and mineral water will also help. Their alkaline composition will facilitate the liquefaction of mucus and its rapid release to the outside.
Before using the inhaler, the child's movements should be cleaned with an aspirator.Inhalations for children help to eliminate a runny nose, especially if the composition to them was chosen correctly. And the treatment is started in a timely manner. But if the child does not have temperature, and the disease does not take place in an acute form. Aerosol from the nebulizer liquefies phlegm and helps it to get out faster. In addition, while doing so, it moistens the baby's mucous spout. Therefore, more and more parents prefer to treat the common cold in children with an inhaler, and not with medicines. For the treatment of rhinitis, pills from the common cold and nasal congestion, folk remedies are also used. Here, people's methods for cold and cold are described.
- Tatiana, 32 years old:"We have a nebulizer settled two years ago. We used it for the first time in the winter, when the whole family fell ill. Naturally, it all started with children, and then my husband and I continued their relay race. I do not know how anyone, but even coughing does not irritate me so much as a cold. I can not walk long with a stuffy nose, so I always rub it and get redness and irritation. Children in this regard, I have more restrained. But I got rid of it for four days after using nebulizer with saline solution. And my whole family thanks to him came back to normal very quickly. "
- Katerina, 25 years old: "This is an excellent device. I like it because it can be used even for infants. We bought it when our baby was seven months old. Probably she was frightened by his appearance, and she flatly refused to wear a mask. We could not persuade her in any way and eventually came up with the idea to use it while she was sleeping. The daughter in a dream, of course, breathed shallowly, but the action of the nebulizer became noticeable already on the third night. "
- Nick, 36 years old: "My son had chronic laryngitis. We treated him with all known methods, but once started treatment now affects every year. Therefore, for prevention from his appearance, the pediatrician advised to purchase a nebulizer. We initially began to doubt its effectiveness, but now we constantly use it. My son breathes from time to time a composition of berodual and saline solution. And when I have a runny nose I apply the last component in its pure form. And he always helps us out. "
Solutions for inhalers and nebulizers
- Medications for the inhaler
- Inapplicable medicines
All of us from childhood know what inhalation is. This method has long been used to treat acute and chronic diseases, the common cold, sinusitis, acute sinusitis is treated in both children and adults.
Speaking of inhalations, most often a picture emerges from childhood, as we breathed a warm steam over a pan with broths of herbs or over a potato.
This steam inhalation, they can only be carried out with volatile drugs, so the list possible drugs and solutions for inhalers nebulizers, used in practice in such inhalations, very is limited. In addition, the procedure itself is quite unpleasant and tiring for the child.
Nowadays in any pharmacy you can buyinhalation device - nebulizer. A nebulizer or an inhaler for a child is a useful acquisition. The price of such a device may seem high.
Treatment of diseases of the respiratory system is much more effective and not so traumatic for the body as a whole when using various solutions for inhalations for children from coughing and a cold through the nebulizer (for example, taking pills and other medications that, before reaching the diseased organ, will pass through all the digestive and circulatory system).
Inhaler (nebulizer) with the help of ultrasound (ultrasonic nebulizer) or by directional air flow, supplied by the compressor (compressor nebulizers), grind the solution for the nebulizer inhaler into the smallest particles.
Thus, the drug solution is converted into an aerosol by which the patient breathes through a mask or a special tube, and enters the respiratory system purposefully. That is why the effectiveness of some drugs using a nebulizer is much higher, especially when treating children from cough and cold. Read also "The inhaler for children."
Solutions for the inhaler nebulizer are mainly obtained by diluting the drugs with saline solution. The degree of dilution of each mixture is different and may vary depending on the age of the patient and the severity of the disease. The required proportion is found in the instructions for each of the inhalation preparations, or it will be determined by your doctor.
There are exceptions: some medicines are not divorced, for example miramistin, or diluted with another substance, for example, a solution for injections. In addition, in some cases, inhalations are recommended only with saline solution or with mineral water.
What medications are used in medicine for an inhaler?
What medicines for the inhaler (nebulizer) are used in medicine and in what cases?
1. Mucolytics. Inhalations with mucolytics are used to dilute viscous and thick sputum, as well as to remove it from the respiratory system. Doctors prescribe them both at a cough, and at a cold.
The most popular are:
Fluimucil, ACC. The active substance is acetylcysteine. The drug reduces the viscosity of phlegm, facilitates its excretion, and also has anti-inflammatory effect.
How to breed Fluimutsil for inhalations?
To obtain a solution for inhalation, we take ampoules of 3 ml of fluimycil and dilute with the same amount of saline. The amount of solution applied from the volume obtained depends on the patient's age (2-6 years - 1ml, 6-12 years - 2ml, & 2 years - 3ml). On the recommendation of a doctor, an antibiotic may be added to the nebulizer solution.
Lazolvan, Ambroxol. The active substance is ambroxol. Reduces the viscosity of phlegm, contributes to its elimination. To prepare a solution for inhalation, take "Lazolvan - for oral administration / inhalation." Dosage: 2 ml lazolvana / ambroksola mixed with the same amount of saline. The received volume of a liquid is used completely (to children till 2th years - half of the received volume).
The price of a solution for inhalation Ambroxol averages 70-80 rubles, Lazolvan - 395 rubles.
- Alkaline inhalation with nebulizer. As a medicine for the inhaler with this type of treatment, saline without additives or mineral water is used - Essentuki 4/17, Borjomi, etc. Such Borjomi for inhalation in the nebulizer allows moisturizing the respiratory mucosa, contributes to the separation sputum, has the least amount of side effects, and therefore can be used from the smallest age.
- Very effectiveinhalation with saline solutionwith a cold. The mucous membrane of the nasopharynx is moistened, the mucus liquefies and leaves, which facilitates the breathing. In addition, most drugs from the common cold dry the nasal mucosa, while inhalations with saline in the rhinitis contribute to its healing, so they are often prescribed for the treatment of children. The price for saline is 30-40 rubles.
Depending on the age, a different amount of solution is used. Easier to measure in the duration of inhalation - for small children 5min, to adulthood increases gradually to 20 minutes.Also, the following mucolytics are used as a solution for the inhaler: Hypertonic NaCl solution and diluted with saline solution Mukaltin, Gedelix, Dry medicine, Pectusin, Sinupret, - for inhalations in respiratory diseases these drugs are the most popular.
2. Bronchodilators. Inhalations with bronchodilators relieve bronchospasm, are used to stop attacks of bronchial asthma, treatment obstructive diseases of the respiratory system, as well as in all diseases, when there is a risk of development bronchospasm.
Among a wide list of drugs for inhalation Berodual is today the most often prescribed and most effective bronchodilator. It is used in combination with saline solution. Dosage is prescribed by a doctor individually.
Inhalations with a nebulizer with saline and Berual are also used to treat the common cold in adults and children. Berotek and Atrovent are also used.
- Fluimucil + antibiotic.The drug, in which the mucolytic is connected (see Fig. 1) the constituent and antibiotic. The active substance is a combination of thiamphenicol and acetylcysteinate. Fluimucil with an antibiotic for inhalations will help with most diseases of the lower respiratory tract. To obtain a drug for inhalation with a nebulizer with a cough, 5 ml of the solvent is added to the vial with the drug. For inhalation, take 1/2 of the solution obtained.
- Dioxydin- antibacterial agent. The active substance is quinoxaline, the drug is available in ampoules. Dioxydin for tonsillitis, runny nose, Dioxydinum for otitis and dioxydin for sinusitis are successfully used now. Inhalations are used in purulent diseases of the nasopharynx. The drug is potent, therefore, before using it, it is highly recommended to consult a doctor and strictly follow its instructions. Inhalations with dioxin are more often used when other drugs are powerless.
It is necessary to strictly monitor the proportions when preparing the solution and take into account that it can be,% and 1%. Dioxydin solution,% for inhalations, should be diluted with saline solution in the proportion respectively, 1% solution is diluted 2 times more. For one inhalation, no more than 4ml of our solution is used.
Inhalations with dioxin are also used in the treatment of the common cold. Indication will also be severe and slow flushing of the upper respiratory tract.
The instruction does not contain information on the possibility of use in children, but its use for inhalation in younger age is undesirable, and therefore should be used only in severe cases and only for the intended purpose doctor.
- Ceftriaxone. Inhalations with ceftriaxone are potent antibacterial therapies. How to breed ceftriaxone? Diluted ceftriaxone with water for injection in the proportion of 1ml bottle for 5 ml of water for injection. Stir well before use. Depending on the age, the duration of the procedure (and accordingly, the amount of solution for inhalation) is different, ranging from 5min.
4. Antiseptic agents
Miramistine- a broad spectrum antiseptic. Inhalations with miramistin are prescribed mainly in diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
The uniqueness of miramistin is that it is an absolutely safe drug and can be used in children and pregnant women. Therefore, very often you can hear that pediatricians prescribe inhalation with miramistin from a cold and cough even to the youngest children.
According to reviews about Miramistine, this drug is very popular in its segment for the treatment of rhinitis, sinusitis and cough.
Miramistine is used without a solvent. Inhalations with miramistin are conducted from 5 to 15 minutes.
Other antibiotics and antiseptics that are used for inhalation include Furacilin, Streptomycin, Chlorophyllipt Solution, Gentamicin.
5. Immunomodulators- inhalations with this group of drugs are carried out for the prevention and treatment of viral diseases.
- Interferon (powder). To obtain a solution in a vial of interferon, pour in warm boiled water to obtain 2 ml of liquid for nebulizer inhalations. Actively used for the prevention of diseases in the child.
- Derinat. Inhalations with Derinat nebulizer are used for children and adults. The dosage is 2ml for each inhalation without dilution. Cm. also "Derinat photo".
6. Anti-inflammatory drugs (phytotherapy)
The following medicines are used as anti-inflammatory drugs of plant origin for inhalations with nebulizer: Rotokan, Propolis, eucalyptus tincture, Malavit, Tonzilgon N, tincture calendula. Solutions for inhalation are prepared with the addition of saline.
7. Anti-inflammatory hormonal drugs (Glucocorticosteroids)
Pulmicort is a glucocorticosteroid. The active substance is budesonide. Inhalations with pulmicort are used for bronchial asthma and obstructive pulmonary disease. Separately, it should be noted that pulmicort inhalation is very effectively used to stop attacks of false cereal in children under 3 years old.
The solution for inhalation is prepared with the addition of saline solution, while the proportion depends on the age of the patient and the stage of the disease.
Also with the help of the nebulizer, the children for inhalation use the following glucocorticosteroids: Dexamethasone, Cromogexal.
8. Vasoconstrictive drugs
In order to relieve the symptoms of the common cold, you can use the following mixtures for inhalation of the nose through the nebulizer. Also read the instructions for their preparation.
- Adrenaline - for 1 inhalation for children under 2 years of age, 5 ml, children over 2 years and adults ml without dilution.
- Naphthyzine 5% or,%. The proportion of dilution solution for inhalation for children and adults with saline: and 1: 10, respectively. For 1 inhalation the child needs 3 ml of the drug.
9. Antitussives- symptomatic therapy with an obtrusive dry cough.
- Lidocaine - is used without dilution. On 1 inhalation for children from 2 to 12 years - 1ml, older - 2 ml.
- Tussamag - the drug is diluted with saline in the proportion: children from 1 to 5 years from 6 to 16 years & g; 7 years -: . For 1 inhalation, take no more than 4 ml.
What medicines can not be used for the inhaler?
Now let's see what medicines can not be used with an inhaler (nebulizer)?
- Oily solutions- use leads to spoilage of the inhaler.
- Suspensions, decoctions of herbs- may also lead to spoilage of the inhaler, since they contain large particles. You can not use juices - for example, it is useless to apply aloe juice in a cold through an inhaler.
- Systemic hormonal preparations- when applied through a nebulizer, the effect does not become "local but is still systemic, so there is no point in moving from the traditional form of treatment to inhalation.
- Somedrugs that do not have a point of application in the airway, since they do not affect the mucous membrane (so, do not use for inhalation euphyllin, papaverine, etc.).
The order of application of medicines for the inhaler
If simultaneous coughing and runny nose procedures are prescribed with several solutions for inhalation (from different groups), they should not be mixed, but performed in the following order:
- anti-inflammatory or disinfectant.
The main principle when using medicines for the inhaler: we dilate the bronchi, we deduce what accumulates there, we remove the inflammation..
Cough and catarrhal inhaler
Do you or the child have inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract? Do not rush to the pharmacy for ointments, aerosols, tablets - drug therapy is not always safe. As soon as the first signs of a runny nose or cough have appeared, start to do inhalations. They will shorten the time of illness, alleviate symptoms, eliminate pathological processes.
Types of inhalers
It is known that inhalers are special electrical devices necessary for the safe introduction of special medicines, preparations into the upper respiratory tract, and the oral cavity. Before buying the device, it is recommended that you consult with your doctor to find out which type is best for you. If this is not possible, study the description of the types of devices, note the main advantages, disadvantages. Types of inhalers for cough and cold:
Electronic nebulizer for inhalations
The most modern and functional inhaler for the nose and throat, working at the expense of low frequencies. The electronic device has a vibrating plate consisting of a huge number of small holes. Passing through them, drugs are significantly crushed, form a useful fog. Thanks to this design, you can use small doses of drugs and save on treatment. Other benefits of electronic nebulizers for cough and cold:
- You can use a wide range of medicines: mucolytics, antibacterial, hormone tablets.
- Instruments operate silently, quickly, providing high dispersity of the medicinal composition.
- Reduce the possibility of drug overdose, saturate the body with the necessary doses of drugs.
- You can fully calculate the consumption of medicines.
- Allow to do the procedures in any position.
An electronic inhaler for cough and cold is almost ideal for families in which children are often ill. The device has no serious drawbacks, it will last a long time, if used neatly. It is important to follow the recommendations for care: in time and properly wash the membrane, dry it. A significant disadvantage of this type of inhaler is a high price.
Ultrasonic nebulizer with cough and cold
The device, spraying medicines due to vibration of the metal plate of the radiator. When inhaled, medications penetrate all parts of the respiratory system, localizing inflammatory processes. Inhalers are compact, safe, operate silently, and it is convenient for treating children, people of advanced age. Additional advantages of devices:
- Often equipped with batteries, so you can use in "marching" conditions.
- You can enter a certain dose of medicines.
- For inhalation with coughing, runny nose can be used:
- Mineral water, for example, Borjomi;
- solutions of essential oils;
- herbal medicinal herbs;
- alkaline, aqueous saline solutions.
Such an inhaler from a cough and runny nose is uncomfortable because for its comfortable operation it is necessary to purchase additional accessories: cups for medicines, gel, which are not included in the kit. Consumers have a low price, but it is not always convenient to buy them separately. Keep in mind: not all devices can use solutions containing oils, ethers, herbal tea. Each inhaler is unique - before you buy, carefully read the instructions.
Compressor nebulizer for cough and cold
Inhalation from the common cold by a jet (compressor) device is safe, hopeful and very effective. In its characteristics is similar to the ultrasonic type, but has a larger size, weight. Compressor inhaler creates a powerful airflow, which when passing through the chamber of the device is enriched by the drug composition. As a result, an aerosol cloud is created that penetrates all the respiratory systems. The most important plus of such a nebulizer - it is allowed to use any medications, solutions, infusions, saline solutions, mineral water.
The compressor nebulizer can be bought at a low price, and this is also its advantage. For its operation, you do not need to purchase additional accessories, the device's inhalation system is reliable. Probably, after several years of regular use, it will be necessary to change the connecting tubes and nebulizers. The main disadvantage of the inhaler is the noisy operation due to the compressor.
Steam engine for inhalation
A simple type of device, working on the principle of evaporation of drugs. To improve the condition, it is necessary to breathe a couple of selected nutrients. Such inhalation with a cough helps to thin the sputum, to facilitate expectoration. Disadvantages of obsolete steam engines are many:
- They have insufficient therapeutic effect, because the inhaled substance comes out in low concentration.
- A young child can hardly breathe hot steam.
- They can be used only with aqueous volatile solutions with a boiling point below 100 degrees.
- Steam inhalers should not be used if the patient has a cold and has a fever.
The price of an inhaler from a cold and a cough
In the market there are different types and models of inhalers. There are adult versions, there are devices designed only for children. Which to choose? How much does an inhaler cost? If the decisive role is played by the price, it is recommended to compare the selected models and buy the most functional one. Check out the review of some nebulizers:
- Nebulizer Med 2000 CX AeroKid. Refers to the compression type, ideal for home use. Weighs 1350 g, the noise threshold is 50 dB per 50 cm. Can be used to treat the entire respiratory system. There is a children's option, equipped with colored applications, a mask for the child, etc. The price of the described nebulizer is from 3800 rubles. You can buy in the online store.
- B. Well WN-119 U. A portable ultrasound nebulizer that can be used to treat the entire family. It can use all medicines on a water basis. It is equipped with a long tube and a pipette for inhalation of bed patients. Convenient to operate - just press 1 button. The price is from 3400 rubles.
How to choose an inhaler
- Determine which part of the airway should be treated. The most optimal option is an ultrasonic inhaler that can penetrate deep into the respiratory tract.
- If you need a simpler and cheaper option, choose the compressor type.
- Pay attention to the duration of the work, the volume of the reservoir for medicines.
- If you plan to take the device on the road, buy a model that runs on batteries.
- Any device must be certified - be sure to check its availability.
- If the device is to be used to treat a child, choose a model designed for the whole family. In addition, there should be a special tip, a mouthpiece, a mask for breathing.
Video: inhalation nebulizer
Лена, 31 years old
In my family all diseases of the respiratory system are treated with inhalers. Previously, we used a steam engine, but the child did not like it. Now ordered from the medical catalog electronic, and inhalation from coughing turned into a complete pleasure. Masha sometimes has an allergic rhinitis, and our miracle device heals quickly.
Julia, 23 years old
Yesterday I bought an inhaler from a cough and a cold from And. A convenient and useful thing! I liked the equipment: there are masks for adults and children. Today she did her husband inhalation with saline solution, specially made a photo before and after. A few hours later, his runny nose went away, redness and scaling in the nose area disappeared. We are glad.
Иван, 34 years old
A week ago, the pediatrician advised me to buy an inhaler for my child, wrote recipes for the preparation of solutions. It turned out quite inexpensive. The cost of the selected device is about 4000 rubles. I decided to take an electronic nebulizer, because it uses low doses of drugs. The main thing is that the device consumes a minimum of electricity.
Specific effects of soda inhalations on the human bodyIn medical practice, for many years, soda inhalation has been actively used for colds. Despite the fact that this technique refers to popular methods of treating colds, there is still no reason to consider it less effective than medications.
Inhalation with soda, if properly carried out, will eliminate cold symptoms such as cough, sore throat, runny nose. The principle of the agent is that the smallest particles of soda fall on the affected mucous membranes of the respiratory tract and relieve inflammation without affecting other organs.
Soda is an effective tool in the fight against various viruses and microbes. That is why it is used as a disinfectant for inhalations during the treatment of colds, especially effective is the folk remedy for angina.Baking soda contributes to the separation and excretion of sputum during coughing. Many people know about the benefits of soda, but not everyone knows how to properly do inhalation with soda, which is very important in the treatment.
How to carry out the procedure?Inhalations of soda can be carried out in two ways: in an old way using a pot and hot water or using a nebulizer. Of course, it is much more convenient to carry out inhalation with soda in a nebulizer, but if there is not such a special parting, you can do without it. Almost always, regardless of the symptoms of the common cold, the same solution is used. To make it, you need to take a tablespoon of soda for a liter of boiled hot water.
But it is important to know that steam can not be inhaled if the water temperature is more than 57 degrees. Also, too high a temperature neutralizes all the beneficial properties of baking soda. If the procedure is performed in the treatment of children under one year, the temperature of the solution should not be more than 30 degrees.
Soda inhalation should not last more than 10 minutes, if it is performed in the treatment of adults, and for children, the time of inhalation of vapors should not exceed 3 minutes. Do not forget about the general rules for such therapy - do not inhale immediately after eating and before eating, do not go out, do not talk for an hour after it is carried out, and also refuse from the procedure at elevated temperature.Carrying out soda inhalations for children with the use of a special device - a nebulizer, is much more effective than inhaling steam over a saucepan.First of all, this is due to the fact that not every child can be under the blanket, as it will be hot, and there is a risk of getting burns of the mucous membranes. Therefore, it is better for parents to abandon the use of an ancient method of inhalation treatment.
Treatment should be done 2 times a day, regardless of the age of the patient. As soon as health improvements are seen, inhalation should be discontinued, as frequent inhalation of soda vapors can greatly sap the mucous membranes.
Inhalations are used to treat such cold symptoms:
- a sore throat;
- runny nose.
If inhalation is carried out with soda at a cold, inhale the steam through the nose. You can add a couple of drops of iodine to the prepared solution, so that the inflammation of the nasopharyngeal mucosa is quickly removed. It is also useful to carry out soda inhalation with the addition of essential oils - fir, juniper, mint, eucalyptus.
Soda inhalation with cough immediately after the first procedures significantly improve the condition patient: with a dry cough begins to separate sputum, and when wet - it is diluted and removed from the bronchi. Effective are considered such solutions for inhalation with soda for cough:
- Carrying out an inhalation with soda and iodine. To prepare the medicine for a liter of warm water, take a spoonful of soda and 2 drops of iodine. You need to breathe for 8 minutes three times a day.
- Inhalation with soda and garlic. Take 6 cloves of garlic, cut them, pour a liter of water and put on fire. When the water boils, reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes. Broth a little cool, put a teaspoon of soda into it, cover with a blanket and breathe over the vapors. Breathing should be as follows: alternately do 2 breaths through the mouth, exhale through the nose, and vice versa. Therapeutic actions can be performed 3 times a day, and after 3 days you can see how the patient's well-being improved. This method of treatment is effective not only in the treatment of cough, but with tonsillitis and runny nose. To soften the inflamed tissues at a laryngitis it is also possible with the help of soda inhalations. This disease uses a conventional solution of soda, and the procedure is recommended from 3 to 7 times a day.
Inhalation with soda during pregnancy is considered the safest procedure to cure a cold without unpleasant consequences. Some pregnant women and young mothers refuse this treatment, because they fear that soda will harm the body.But, if you carefully consider the chemical composition of this substance, it becomes obvious that nothing harmful, and even more dangerous, for the health of a pregnant woman and a child is not there. If you are afraid to use soda, you can buy weakly alkaline mineral waters - Borjomi, Essentuki.
But still, most people note that knowing how to do inhalation with soda for colds, you can quickly eliminate all the symptoms of the disease.