Ersefuril is an antiseptic used to treat intestinal disorders.
Produced in the form of hard gelatin capsules and a suspension for oral administration. The dosage depends on the action of Ersefuril. In smaller doses, the effect is bacteriostatic, and at higher doses bactericidal.
This medication is well tolerated by the body and has a minimal spectrum of side effects. Therefore, it is used to treat both adult patients and children aged one month. The drug is intended for internal use.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Intestinal antiseptic. Antidiarrhoeal drug.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can buywithout a doctor's prescription.
How much does Ersefuril cost in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of450 rubles.
Composition and form of release
Intestinal antiseptic is available in the following versions:
- Capsules Ersefuril - hard, gelatin, inside which is a yellow powder. Each capsule contains 200 mg of nifuroxazide and a number of auxiliary components.
- Capsules of 14 pieces are packed in blisters, which, in turn, are packed in cardboard packaging. In the pack, there may be 1 or 2 blisters with capsules together with a nested instruction to the preparation.
- Ersefuril suspension (4%) is a homogeneous liquid with a pleasant banana odor. In one measuring spoon (5 ml) contains 200 mg of active substance. Produced in glass bottles in volume of 90ml.
The therapeutic effect of Ersefuril according to the instructions is to block the activity of the enzyme dehydrogenases - substances, providing the implementation of the reactions of fat, carbohydrate metabolism and oxidation in a microbial cell. Nifuroxazide inhibits the cycle of tricarboxylic acids, respiratory chains, destroys the membrane and prevents the implementation of a number of biochemical processes in cells that are the "culprits" of intestinal infection.
The action of Ersefuril also consists in activating the patient's immunity, increasing the complement titer and phagocytosis, at which the hostile cells for our organism are absorbed by special microorganisms (phagocytes). The use of Ersefuril in therapeutic doses provides a bacteriostatic effect of the drug, in higher dosages it is bactericidal.
The drug is effective against Gram-positive (Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, Clostridium) and Gram-negative (Salmonella, Escherichia coli, Shigella, Enterobacter, Klebsiela, Vibrio cholerae) of microorganisms.
In responses to Ersefuril, there is no adverse effect of the drug on the saprophyte flora of the intestine, involved in the formation of immunity - that is, the use of the drug does not cause dysbiosis.
Stability of bacterial strains to the drug, according to medical research, does not develop. When infecting the body with enterotrophic viruses, Ersefuril prevents the appearance of bacterial superinfection.
According to feedback, Ersefuril is used for acute bacterial diarrhea, effectively restoring the eubiosis (balance) of the intestinal flora.
Indications for use
The drug is prescribed in acute diarrhea caused by bacteria, without a sharp deterioration in health, increased body temperature, fever. Before application it is necessary to clarify the absence of invasion (infection with worms). If diarrhea proves to be an infectious disease with symptoms signaling the invasion, antibacterial therapy is required.
To prevent dehydration, if necessary, the rehydration exercise is carried out, that is, normal water-salt metabolism is restored.
The main contraindication is hypersensitivity to auxiliary substances or to the main (nifuroxazide) in the preparation. Before use, you should carefully read the composition of Ersefuril to identify possible banned components. Particular attention should be paid to fructose, which is not tolerated by the body of a certain category of people.
Contraindications are pregnancy, age less than 6 years and helminthic invasions.
Intended use for pregnancy and lactation
At the moment there is no scientific information on the possible consequences of the drug during pregnancy. For this reason, the appointment of Ersefuril is possible only under the strict supervision of a doctor in a short form. If there are no safer counterparts, then the drug is prescribed in cases where the disease has a progressive stage and there is a risk for the future mother. In this case, the use of a remedy for preserving the life of a woman is recommended.
During lactation, the active substance can enter the child's body, since it has the property of penetrating into breast milk. If possible, it is worth to abandon the drug, or reduce the dose to the minimum quantities.
Dosage and route of administration
As indicated in the instructions for use, Ersefuril is taken internally.
- Adults appoint 200 mg (1 caps.) 4 times / day (the interval between meals is 6 hours); children aged 6 to 18 years - 200 mg (1 caps.) 3-4 times / day (the interval between doses is 6-8 hours); Children aged 3 to 6 years are prescribed 200 mg (1 caps.) 3 times / day (interval between doses 8 hours).
- The duration of the course of treatment is 5-7 days, but not more than 7 days. If no improvement occurs within the first 3 days of admission, the patient should consult a doctor.
The drug should be used only according to the method of administration and at the doses indicated in the instructions. If necessary, the patient should consult a doctor before using the drug.
Taking medication can cause an increase in the symptoms of dehydration accompanying intestinal infections, so it is important to take a sufficient amount of fluid during treatment.
Ersefuril is well tolerated by patients and rarely provokes side effects. Such manifestations as rash-like rash may be observed in persons with a tendency to allergic reactions. In very rare cases (with intolerance of the active substance), it is possible to develop dangerous conditions - anaphylactic shock or Quincke's edema.
The occurrence of an overdose of Ersefuril has not been described. However, in case of taking the drug in a dosage that is excessively exceeding the recommended side effects may worsen. In such situations, symptomatic treatment is used.
Before you start using the drug, read the special instructions:
- The use of alcohol during therapy with nifuroxazide is prohibited.
- When symptoms of hypersensitivity (dyspnea, skin rash, itching of the skin) should stop taking the drug.
- Indication for patients with diabetes: one single dose (1 capsule) of the drug Ersefuril contains 72 mg of sucrose, which corresponds to 0.00072 XE. The maximum daily dose (4 caps.) Contains 288 mg of sucrose, which corresponds to 0.0288 XE.
When treating diarrhea concomitantly with nifuroxazide therapy, rehydration therapy should be performed. In the case of bacterial diarrhea with signs of systemic damage (worsening of the general condition, fever, symptoms of intoxication or infection), the patient should consult a doctor to decide on the use of antibacterial agents of systemic action.
Compatibility with other drugs
If the patient is taking other medications (including OTC drugs) before using Ersefuril, you should consult your doctor.
It is not recommended simultaneous use with drugs that cause the development of disulfiram-like reactions, drugs that depress the function of the central nervous system.
We suggest that you read the reviews of people who used Ersefuril:
- Michael. I received these capsules for an intestinal disorder. The drug helped in part, there was diarrhea, pain in the abdomen, but the nausea intensified, the temperature quickly rose, hives formed. Two days later the drug was canceled and Enterofuril was prescribed. A day after its first application, I felt much better.
- Claudia. I tried many different remedies for diarrhea in my life. One of the most effective and safe, in my opinion, is Ersefuril. There are other good ones. But today I keep this medication in the medicine cabinet. In travel, too, do not forget to take it with you, it can always come in handy. And for a child recently bought a suspension, a positive moment - the absence of unpleasant taste. No problems with the supply of medication and dysbacteriosis then you do not need to treat.
- Alexey. I went to the sea last summer, picked up the intestinal flu. There were no medicines with him, he bought Activated Carbon in the pharmacy, but he practically did not help. A neighbor by number gave several capsules of Ersefuril, a few hours after the reception, vomiting, diarrhea stopped, and in the morning I could even eat normally. After three days, the symptoms were definitive.
Structural analogs for the active substance:
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Ersefuril or Enterofuril - which is better?
Medicines Ersefuril and Enterofuril are two similar medicines that have some of the same characteristics. They are antiseptic agents of a wide spectrum of action, exert a destructive effect on pathogenic microorganisms. One of the advantages of Enterofuril is the possibility of its use in children under three years of age, this is caused by the fact that the drug is released in the form of a suspension with the use of which it is easier to choose a dosage.
Ersefuril, in contrast, is available in capsules that are more suitable for adult patients. Based on the advantage in a more convenient for the intake and dosage form of release, we can conclude that the drug Enterofuril is more functional. Other factors, comparative characteristics (purity of the active substance, contraindications, the possibility of an overdose, price) of these drugs do not have any significant differences.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Store the drug Ersefuril in a dry place, inaccessible to children and protected from direct sunlight. The storage temperature is room temperature.
The medication remains eligible for 5 years from the date of its release. It is inadmissible to use the drug after the expiration of the specified period.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.