Relief have a complex therapeutic effect on the mucosa of the rectum.
This is, first of all, an effective tool for the treatment of hemorrhoids. However, the drug is often prescribed for cracks in the rectum and other pathologies of the anal region. Candles help to eliminate the symptoms of external and internal inflammation of the hemorrhoids, promote the healing of rectal cracks.
High efficiency is explained by the combined action, suppositories provide wound healing, stop the process of inflammation, have a vasoconstrictive effect, due to which the therapeutic efficiency.
Produced in the form of rectal suppositories, ointments and cream.
Clinical and pharmacological group
The drug with anti-inflammatory, wound-healing and vasoconstrictive action for topical application in proctology.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy without a doctor's prescription.
How much are the candles of Relief in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of350 rubles..
Composition and form of release
The remedy is made in the form of suppositories intended for rectal use.
Candles "Relief" - a group of drugs that are actively used in proctology for the treatment of inflammatory diseases, as well as injuries of the lower part of the rectum. On the shelves of pharmacies you can find several types of this medicine:
- "Relief". It has a pronounced hemostatic effect, accelerates the regeneration of tissues, due to which it is actively used for hemorrhoids of the I-II stage. Suitable for long-term use in chronic disease;
- "Relief Advance" is used when the pain syndrome prevails. Also prescribed for the chronic form of hemorrhoids;
- "Relief Ultra" is effective in cases of severe inflammation of the hemorrhoids, which is accompanied by a fever. It is used in the complex treatment of pathology. Application is possible with short courses in the acute period.
Rectal candles "Relief" are opaque, pale yellow in color. They have a specific (fish) smell, oblong form. The basic active substances are shark liver oil and phenylephrine hydrochloride. Of the auxiliary components in the composition are:
- Methyl- and propylparaben;
- Vitamin E;
- Benzoic acid;
- Glycerin, lanolin alcohol;
- Thyme, corn, petrolatum and mineral oil;
- Paraffin wax;
- Purified water.
The drug Relief suppositories refers to the clinical and pharmacological group of drugs with anti-inflammatory, wound-healing and vasoconstrictive action for topical application in proctology.
The therapeutic effect of medicinal compositions is achieved due to the components that make up the product:
- Shark liver oil. This component achieves stable anti-inflammatory efficacy. The substance helps stop bleeding by accelerating the processes of regeneration of damaged vessels. The component promotes the speedy healing of tissues.
- Phenylephrine is an alpha-adrenomimetic, which provides a narrowing of the vessels at the site of application of the agent. Against the background of the use of the component, the edema on the site of inflammation is eliminated, the process of production of mucous, blood or purulent exudate is inhibited. The component shows antipruritic effectiveness.
Currently, there is no data on the absorption of active or auxiliary components into the systemic circulation.
Indications for use
The local drug has a convenient form, which ensures the entry of active substances directly onto the inflamed nodes. The appointment of rectal suppositories extends beyond the removal of inflammation, pain, itching, so the doctor can recommend the use of the drug for preventive purposes, for example, with constipation.
Soothing, hemostatic, wound healing effect of suppositories Relief is indispensable in the treatment of many diseases of the rectum, among them:
- itching of the perianal region;
- anal fissures;
- chronic constipation;
- pain in the anal canal after surgery;
- before conducting diagnostic tests.
Before using the ointment and suppositories, you should familiarize yourself with the existing contraindications.
They consist in:
- Diabetes mellitus. Active ingredients narrow the blood vessels, and even a slight jump in pressure can lead to a stroke;
- Thromboembolism. The active substances dilute the blood fluid, therefore, clotting or clogging of blood vessels may occur;
- Hypertension. The action of the drug is aimed at activating the hematopoiesis system, which can lead to a pressure jump;
- Psychological problems. Not prescribed for people who are treated with antidepressants. With a combination of drugs, a hypertensive crisis can occur;
- Elevated levels in the blood fluid sodium.
Also contraindicated is the children's age until the age of twelve and the lactation period.
Intended use for pregnancy and lactation
In accordance with the instructions, during pregnancy and breastfeeding this drug is undesirable. However, the use of candles Relief during pregnancy in consultation with a doctor is allowed.
The same can be said about the use of ointments during pregnancy, as well as suppositories during breastfeeding. Although, as a general rule, it is not recommended to apply a cream or suppositories during lactation, the doctor may deem it necessary use of this particular drug, having estimated previously the degree of presumed risk and positive effect.
Dosage and route of administration
As indicated in the instructions for use, the Relief Candles are intended for rectal administration. They are gently introduced into the cavity of the rectum after each bowel movement, and also in the evening before bedtime (4 times a day). Before the introduction of the suppository, hygiene measures should be carried out in the perineum and anus. The duration of use of the drug is determined by a decrease in the intensity of manifestations of the pathological process, and, if necessary, determined by the attending physician.
Now let's talk directly about the very moment of introduction of the drug into the rectum:
- The procedure must be carried out lying down.
- Before inserting a candle, wash the area of the anus with water at room temperature. Soap can be used for this purpose. Then gently blot the area of the anus with a napkin, thereby drying the skin around the area.
- Also, before the procedure, do not forget to wash your hands with soap.
- Before you enter the suppository, lubricate the area around the anus with a cream containing petrolatum. If there was not one, just moisten the end of the suppository with cold water. This is necessary so that you do not have unpleasant sensations during the introduction of a candle.
- Open the skin with the drug, remove the suppository halfway, trying not to touch it with your hands, in order to avoid later complications and reduce the risk of infection, and gently enter the candle into the rectum, while getting rid of the protective shell.
In a few minutes, as the candle begins to melt, there is already a slight relief.
Some reviews of the Relief say that of the side effects of the remedy, allergic reactions are known in the form of itching, swelling, redness at the site of application of the remedy.
Data on overdose of suppositories Relif for today is not present.
Before you start using the drug, you should check out the list of special instructions:
- The drug should not be used for children under the age of 12 years.
- Use the product during pregnancy and breastfeeding can be provided in the presence of evidence after consulting a specialist.
- With the development of bleeding from the rectum, the composition is not used.
- Use of suppositories Relief should be discontinued if the improvement in the patient's well-being is not traced after 5-7 days from the time the composition is started.
- The drug has no effect on the rate of psychomotor reactions.
Medication Relief in the form of suppositories, intended for rectal administration, is sold to the population through the network of pharmacies on a free sale, nevertheless, before using the product it is recommended to get advice proctologist.
Interaction with other drugs
Data on the drug interaction of the active components present in Relief with other medicines are not available. The use of the agent can be combined with the use of any medication intended for oral use.
We offer you to read reviews of people who used candles. Relief:
- Victor. Because of problems with the stool, the son had hemorrhoids. First tried the folk remedies, but nothing helped. Relief was a real salvation: the child forgot about the pain and again leads an active lifestyle.
- Marina. I used these candles immediately after childbirth. I chose them because they are mainly plant components and can be used during breastfeeding. I had an external hemorrhoids with a slight itch. They helped me, but not until the end, a month later the cone appeared again, apparently for me he was rather weak looking for a replacement. Of the minuses I did not like their obvious fishy smell, the candles still somehow flow out and this confused me.
- Zoya. I had an anal fissure. After going to the doctor, I was discharged with rectal suppositories. Very delicate disease, I'll tell you, but suddenly my feedback will help someone. So the religion quickly helped, quite an effective drug. Heals all there well. So, who else doubts, go to the doctor, let him prescribe them! The price corresponds to the quality of the drug.
What other medicines help to fight hemorrhoids, what are their advantages and disadvantages:
- Candles Gepatrombin G. Contain an anticoagulant heparin, painkillers, hormonal components, so the drug is recommended to use for the prevention or treatment of thrombi in the hemorrhoidal nodes. These rectal suppositories have anti-edematous action, but are more moderate compared with Relief.
- Candles Proctosan. The action of the drug is aimed at reducing pain, burning sensation, healing of wounds, which helps to quickly cope with inflammation of the hemorrhoids. The drug is effective in the treatment of acute, chronic disease, the drawbacks include the presence of chemical components, a broader list of contraindications.
- Candles Natalsid. The basic component of rectal suppositories are brown seaweed. Possessing excellent anti-inflammatory properties, this drug has a hemostatic effect, contributes to the regeneration of damaged tissues, therefore it is effective in the treatment of anal fissures and chronic hemorrhoids. Almost harmless remedy is often prescribed to women during pregnancy.
- Candles Posterizan Fort. The drug has a pronounced effect on local immunity, so it is highly effective in the treatment of eczema, dermatitis, cracks in the anal region. On pharmacological properties is similar to Relief, but has no contraindications in pregnancy, lactation, with side effects with the correct dosage are extremely rare.
- Candles Anuzol. The additional effect of the combined preparation is spasmolytic, in addition, a good antiseptic, drying and anesthetic effect is noted. The disadvantage of this medication is a large list of side effects and contraindications, in addition, its composition is able to influence the concentration of attention.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Shelf life of suppositories Relief is 2 years. They are stored in the original packaging, dry, dark, inaccessible to children at an air temperature of no higher than + 27 ° C.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.