Perindopril is a reliable treatment for hypertension and cardiac failure caused by various causes, including renal ailments.
It is used for ischemia of the heart, it is prescribed to hypertensive patients of advanced age and suffering from type II diabetes mellitus. It belongs to the group of ACE inhibitors, it is a prodrug, from which an active metabolite perindoprilat, and is prescribed for patients with various heart diseases and hypertension.
Perindopril lowers blood pressure, remains effective throughout the day and is easily tolerated. In those who suffer from excessive kilograms and diabetes, it has a beneficial effect on metabolism. The drug reaches its maximum effect 4-8 hours after application, the effect then lasts about 24 hours. The drug is excreted from the body by the kidneys.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
It is released on prescription.
How much does Perindopril cost in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of100 rubles.
Form of issue and composition
The drug Perindopril is available in the form of tablets intended for oral use. The tablets are packed in blisters of 30 pieces per pack, a detailed instruction with a description is attached to the preparation.
Composition of 1 tablet:
- active ingredient: perindopril erbumine - 2, 4 or 8 mg (perindopril - 1.669, 3.338 or 6.675 mg);
- additional components (2/4/8 mg): magnesium stearate - 1/1 / 1.5 mg; partially pregelatinized corn starch - 43.1 / 42.2 / 62.3 mg; talc - 2/2/3 mg; microcrystalline cellulose - 13 / 12.7 / 18.8 mg; croscarmellose sodium - 5/5 / 7.5 mg; lactose monohydrate (milk sugar) - 33.9 / 33.1 / 48.9 mg.
Perindopril is a member of the ACE inhibitor group. It is a prodrug, from which an active metabolite of perindoprilat is formed in the body. The action of the drug slows the conversion of angiotensin-I into angiotensin II, which is a potent vasoconstrictor.
Vasodilating action - due to the fact that the concentration of angiotensin II in the blood plasma decreases. Increases the minute volume of the heart and tolerance to the load. Arterial pressure decreases already an hour after taking the medicine. The effect reaches a maximum by 4-8 hours and lasts for a day.
Indications for use
What helps with perindopril? Indications for the use of tablets are the following diseases or conditions:
- arterial hypertension;
- hypertension of the renovascular etiology;
- stable ischemic heart disease;
- prevention of recurrent stroke or stroke after transient ischemic attack;
- chronic heart failure.
Among the contraindications to the use of Perindopril are:
- heightened individual sensitivity, acquired or hereditary intolerance to composite components of the pharmaceutical preparation or the whole group of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors;
- period of pregnancy;
- lactation or breastfeeding;
- angioneurotic edema of hereditary or idiopathic origin;
- the drug is not used in pediatric practice (before reaching the age of 18 years).
Separately, it should be noted that there are a number of pathological conditions when the use of Perindopril is not completely safe and requires constant diagnostic control over all possible indicators of the organism with the conditions of a medical hospital. The list consists of the following diseases:
- aortic or mitral stenosis;
- constrictive pericarditis;
- severe autoimmune nosological units of connective tissue (in particular systemic lupus erythematosus or scleroderma);
- presence of a transplanted donor kidney;
- hypertrophic cardiomyopathy;
- cerebrovascular diseases;
- obliterating atherosclerosis or narrowing the lumen of vessels of another origin (especially the channel feeding the heart muscle);
- bilateral stenosis of arteriolar kidneys;
- moderate or severe stage of kidney failure;
- dehydration and exsicosis.
Use in pregnancy and lactation
It is not known how safe the drug can affect the fetal development of the fetus, therefore Perindopril tablets are not prescribed for the treatment of pregnant women. If the patient took the drug and had a pregnancy, immediately stop using the tablets and consult a doctor.
Since the active ingredient of the drug can be excreted in breast milk, the tablets of Perindopril are not given to nursing mothers. If a course of therapy is necessary for a woman, lactation should be stopped.
Dosage and route of administration
The instructions for use indicate that the tablets Perindopril should be taken orally, without chewing, washing down with the necessary amount of water.
The dosage of the medicine is determined by the doctor individually for each individual patient, according to the instructions, the daily dose at the initial stage of therapy is 2 mg. If the therapeutic effect is absent or poorly expressed, the patient is given a higher dose, but not earlier than 2 weeks later. As a rule, the medicine is taken once a day, the duration of therapy depends on the indications and characteristics of the body.
Patients with impaired renal function require individual correction of a single and a daily dose.
The admission of the medicine in question, like any other drug, does not exclude the possibility of developing unwanted reactions.
For tablets Perindopril side effects on frequency of occurrence can be represented thus:
- often - up to 10% of admission: excessive fall in blood pressure; asthenoneurotic syndrome, dry nasal cough, difficulty breathing; noise in the ears and violation view; dyspeptic manifestations, disturbance of stool, changes in taste sensations; allergic manifestations; convulsive twitching of muscles;
- rarely - up to 1%: sleep disturbance, mood swings; bronchospasm; dryness of mucous membranes; Quincke's edema, impaired renal function, increased sweating, impotence;
- extremely rarely - less than 0.1%: violations of the cardiovascular system in the form of rhythm disturbances, chest pains such as stenocardia, acute myocardial infarction; inflammation lungs with eosinophilic infiltration; rhinitis; change in blood test; disruption of the liver and pancreas; confusion, exudative erythema.
It can be said that this medication is tolerated better than some other representatives of the ACE group. For the drug Perindopril, side effects can be minimized by prescribing minimal doses.
The use of perindopril in a dosage exceeding the prescribed dose provokes a sharp decrease in pressure. The characteristic signals of an overdose are a shock state, a strong palpitation, an anxious feeling, a cough and dizziness.
The symptoms of activated charcoal tablets and gastric lavage will alleviate symptoms. To activate the flow of blood to the brain and the heart of a person you need to lay on your back and lift his legs. The subsequent call of emergency medical help is obligatory!
Before you start using the drug, read the special instructions:
- Before starting treatment with perindopril, all patients are recommended to study the function of the kidneys.
- There have been reports of cases of arterial hypotension, fainting, stroke, hyperkalemia and renal dysfunction (including acute renal failure) in predisposed patients, especially with simultaneous use with drugs that affect RAAS. Therefore, the double blockade of RAAS due to the combination of an ACE inhibitor with an angiotensin II receptor antagonist or aliskiren is not recommended.
- During treatment with perindopril, kidney function, hepatic enzyme activity in the blood should be monitored regularly, and peripheral blood (especially in patients with diffuse connective tissue diseases, in patients who receive immunosuppressive agents, allopurinol). Patients with sodium and liquid deficiency before the start of treatment should be corrected water-electrolyte disorders.
Caution should be applied perindopril with bilateral stenosis of the renal arteries or stenosis of the renal artery of a single kidney; renal failure; system connective tissue diseases; simultaneously with potassium-sparing diuretics, potassium preparations, potassium-containing substitutes for edible salt, with lithium preparations; with hyperkalemia; surgical intervention / general anesthesia; hemodialysis using high-flux membranes, immunosuppressor therapy, allopurinol, procainamide (developmental risk neutropenia, agranulocytosis); reduced bcc (taking diuretics, diet with salt restriction, vomiting, diarrhea); angina pectoris; cerebrovascular diseases; Renovascular hypertension; diabetes mellitus; chronic heart failure IV functional class according to NYHA classification; desensitizing therapy; apheresis of LDL; after transplantation kidney; aortic stenosis / mitral stenosis / hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy; in patients of the Negroid race.
Some medicines, if taken with perindopril, can excessively increase the level of potassium in the blood. This is called hyperkalemia, and can be deadly. Risky medications are angiotensin II receptor antagonists, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, heparin, potassium-sparing diuretics. Do not take medicines that contain potassium. Do not eat salt substitutes containing potassium. Inform the doctor about all medicines, herbs and dietary supplements that you are taking.
A detailed description of the drug interaction perindoprila - read the instructions for use, which is in the box with the medicine.
We picked up some reviews of people who used the drug Perindopril:
- Tatyana. An excellent preparation for hypertension and CHF. The CA of the husband against the background of taking prerarium in 6 months completely passed the anginal pain and recovered to work. Has been taking the drug for the fourth year already.
- Natalia. Excellent preparation for hypertension and pressure. At the husband on a background of reception of tablets in 6 months have completely passed or have taken place anginal pains and has recovered efficiently. Has been taking Perindopril for more than 3 years.
- Tamara. For 4 months I drink perindopril. Three weeks after the start of the course, the pressure stabilized and kept all day and night at 130 to 80. Before the treatment, it jumped daily in the evening.
The most common substitutes Perindopril with recommendations for use:
- Captopril. 20 tablets of 25 mg - the price of 65 rubles. A popular analogue of perindopril. The spectrum of application - from arterial hypertension and heart failure to diabetic nephropathy.
- Lysinopril. 30 tablets of 5 mg - from 73 rubles. The cheapest option, the recommendations are the same. A significant advantage - you can appoint patients with excess kilograms.
- Diroton. 14 tablets of 10 mg - from 133 rubles. An available ACE inhibitor with lower bioavailability when compared with perindopril. The effect should wait longer.
- Parnavell. 30 tablets of 4 mg - from 275 rubles. In the recommendations for appointment arterial hypertension and heart failure are indicated.
- Perineva. 30 tablets of 4 mg - from 234 rubles. Accelerates blood flow, but does not increase the number of heartbeats. The indications are identical to the previous versions.
- Prestarium A. 30 tablets of 5 mg - from 404 rubles. Expensive analogue, which expands blood vessels and normalizes the functioning of the heart. Effective to reduce the likelihood of stroke.
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug must be stored for two years from the date of manufacture. For children, admission to the drug is prohibited, it must be stored in a dark and dry place at a temperature of no higher than about 25 degrees.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.