Pregnancy, a temporary condition, the result of which becomes a miracle birth! But, before this "miracle" many women are simply doomed to experience and suffer a lot of illnesses such as nausea, heartburn, allergy, diarrhea.
- Diarrhea in pregnant women
- Causes of diarrhea in pregnancy
- Than to treat diarrhea
- Polysorb during pregnancy
- Other medicines
- Treatment of diarrhea in pregnant women folk remedies
- Oat flakes
- Starch water
- Rice broth
- Infusion of blackberry leaves and dogrose
- Than diarrhea is dangerous during pregnancy
We treat fast diarrhea at home How to treat diarrhea in adults Diarrhea in adults - reasons and treatment at home Causes and treatment of diarrhea with blood in adults Diarrhea in early pregnancy - what to do and what to treat
The phenomena that often occur in this state, and the causes that cause these problems can be different, and proceed in different ways. The main thing is to keep everything under control and not to neglect the advice of a doctor.
Diarrhea in pregnant women
Diarrhea is a disease that everyone is to some extent familiar with. For a healthy person, this ailment is rarely dangerous. Nervous experiences, something is eaten up, the seasonal virus, the reasons can be different and, on average for 3-4 days, the loose stool is normalized. Serious situation with infections and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT).
Quite a different story with diarrhea in pregnant women. Diarrhea is very common among the ailments of the babies, and can mar the even normal pregnancy. It can be accompanied by vomiting, fever, abdominal incision, weakness, not to mention the fact that in some cases diarrhea increases the risk of abortion.
Causes of diarrhea in pregnancy
Increasing the stool with a high water content (90% or more) may mean that you need to heal the nervous system or urgently need to go to the hospital. The causes and consequences of this ailment of pregnant women can be unpredictable, only the physician will be able to understand the whole variety of mummies.
Among the main causes of diarrhea are:
- One of the most common causes is the proximity of the digestive tract and uterus. Because of the tone of the uterus, the load on the digestive tract grows, the organs can squeeze and move, leading to unfavorable consequences.
- The use of stale or poor quality food. During pregnancy, the sensitivity of the body to toxins is increased, and immunity is weakened. Even though most women wearing a baby tend to carefully monitor their diet and eat only healthy foods, they can not always avoid intestinal distress.
- During the first trimester, all the digestive processes can change. Changing taste preferences, the perception of smells, pulls on a salty (sour, sweet). There can be a rejection of some products in favor of absolutely others. In this regard, diarrhea can be, one of the manifestations of toxicosis. If in this case the frequency of the stool is not accompanied by pain, spasm, then just adjust your diet.
- Often during pregnancy, women are prescribed special complexes of vitamins and minerals to maintain the health and successful development of the fetus. However, in some cases, individual intolerance of certain drugs may appear, in the form of nausea or diarrhea. Therefore, if the stool becomes more frequent immediately after taking vitamins or medications, you should choose another course of treatment.
- On the last stages of pregnancy, diarrhea can be quite a natural process. The body is thus prepared and purified. But if diarrhea started earlier and is accompanied by pain and spasms - this may be a bad signal predicting premature birth or miscarriage.
Serious danger is introduced into the body of parasites, viruses, intestinal infections that cause diarrhea. Diarrhea due to these factors may be accompanied by such symptoms:
- temperature increase;
- cramping abdominal pains;
- vomiting and dehydration.
This disease is extremely dangerous for both women and the fetus.
Important!Nervous disorders of pregnant women, often cause disruption of the stool.
Than to treat diarrhea
For the most effective treatment, you need to find out the cause of the ailment by contacting your doctor. An incorrectly chosen medication can cause great harm to the fetus and the pregnant woman and delay the treatment process. A prolonged diarrhea leads to dehydration of the body and violation of the water-salt balance.
Attention!Do not try to treat diarrhea yourself, at the risk of making a mistake with the choice of medicines. Many preparations for diarrhea for pregnant women are simply contraindicated. Consult a physician.
Safe means for diarrhea are considered various adsorptive agents:
- Activated carbon.
These drugs absorb excess fluid, toxic substances, bacteria. But they should be taken separately from vitamins and medications. The difference between the intake of sorbents and other drugs should be at least 2 hours.
Important!Diarrhea is important to stop quickly, so as not to delay the absorption of nutrients, and prevent dehydration.
Polysorb during pregnancy
Pregnant with diarrhea, you can immediately start taking such a drug as Polysorb. This enterosorbent is completely safe for pregnant women. It removes pathogenic substances from the body and restores the water-salt balance.
The daily dose of Polysorba depends on the body weight of the pregnant woman, it is always used in the form of a suspension. Average:
- polchaynoy spoon without a slide for 10 kg of weight;
- dissolved in 50 ml of water;
- take 3 times a day, not combining with the reception of other medications.
If diarrhea is accompanied by symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, often recommend saline solutions of Regidron, Goodron, and others. If these were not in the home medicine chest, with infectious diarrhea, you can prepare a water-salt solution alone:
- 1 liter of water;
- 1 hour l. salts;
- 0.5 h. l. soda.
While waiting for a doctor, you should drink a lot, these solutions make up for the loss of salts and fluids.
All other preparations for the treatment of diarrhea in pregnant women are prescribed by a doctor. As an antispasmodic for pain and excessive intestinal peristalsis, No-shpa or candles of papaverine may be prescribed.
If diarrhea in a pregnant woman is associated with disorders of the nervous system, the doctor may prescribe a sedative, valerian or motherwort.
With infectious diseases of the intestine, a doctor prescribes a drug such as Nifuroxazide. This antimicrobial agent, the overwhelming activity of most pathogens of diarrhea. There are a number of other antibiotics that can be prescribed at the physician's discretion.
In the third trimester, the range of acceptable drugs for prescribing to pregnant women is expanding. Diarrhea during this period can be treated with loperamide-based tablets. These include:
These drugs are used to quickly stop diarrhea and avoid dehydration. But the doctor will not prescribe these remedies if the disease is caused by pathogenic microorganisms.
After treatment of diarrhea, it is often necessary to restore the intestinal microflora. For this purpose, a course of probiotics Lineks, Bifidumbacterin, Bifi-forms, etc. is prescribed.
Treatment of diarrhea in pregnant women folk remedies
To resort to means of traditional medicine it is possible only at not heavy poisonings. In cases of acute diseases or infectious lesions, herbal treatment is unlikely to be effective.
However, with chronic intestinal diseases, herbal medicine is able to fix the chair without harm and normalize the work of the intestine. Folk medicine against diarrhea recommends mucous drinks and herbal teas that have an "astringent" effect.
Oatmeal mucous broth should be prepared as follows:
- 50 g of oat flakes;
- 2 glasses of cold water.
Flakes pour water and leave for 4 hours. Then cook on low heat until thick. Take 1 tbsp. l. 4-6 times a day.
- 1 hour l. starch;
- 0.5 cups of water.
Ingredients mix and drink at a time.
- 1 cup of unpolished rice;
- 7 of the same cups of water.
The rice is cooked over low heat until it is very hot. Let stand and drain the liquid into a separate container. Take 1/3 cup every 2 hours.
Broth of fruits of wild pear:
- 1 cup of finely chopped fruit pour 2 cups of boiling water;
- cook for 20 minutes;
- leave to infuse for 3 hours;
Take 4 times a day for ½ cup before meals. Good means of baked pear.
Infusion of blackberry leaves and dogrose
Take in equal proportions leaves of blackberries and hips. Prepare a dry mixture by grinding the ingredients.
- 2 tbsp. l. mixture pour a glass of boiling water;
- ten minutes of warming in a water bath;
- then let it brew for half an hour.
Strain and cool. Take half a glass 4-5 times a day.
An effective method is the intake of infusion from pomegranate crusts.
- 1 tbsp. l. crushed dried pomegranate crusts;
- steaming a glass of boiling water;
- infused during the day.
The remedy is considered so good that only one reception is enough, but it happens that in 3 hours you need to take it again.
Than diarrhea is dangerous during pregnancy
Depending on the cause that caused this malaise, and on the severity of the course, the consequences for both the pregnant woman and the fetus may be different. Normal indigestion due to a change in diet can quickly pass, without causing any consequences.
Very different consequences can cause infectious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract or diarrhea, lasting more than three weeks. Incorrect treatment or neglect of symptoms can cause even miscarriages or premature births.
Than diarrhea is dangerous:
- Infection and viruses can penetrate the placenta. In the early stages it can cause a serious threat of the development of pathologies of the fetus. In the last trimester, this threatens the development of intrauterine infections, or even the death of the fetus.
- Spasms caused by diarrhea can provoke the premature onset of labor. Depending on the timing, miscarriages may occur or, at a later date, premature birth.
- If diarrhea is accompanied by vomiting, the body is dehydrated and the salt balance is disturbed. The body loses the necessary vitamins and minerals, the absence of which can be detrimental to the fetus. The baby may develop a delay in development.
- If diarrhea is accompanied by high fever in the first trimester, then - it is extremely unfavorable for the developing fetus.
- If the diarrhea is caused by poisoning with toxins, then the likelihood that through the bloodstream these toxins can poison the baby's body.
The fact that for a normal healthy person can be a temporary inconvenience, for a variable can become a serious threat. Therefore, do not be frivolous about such an ailment as diarrhea during pregnancy. Do not neglect the advice of a doctor, and if the liquid stool is accompanied by fever, vomiting, abdominal pain, it is better to immediately call an ambulance.
Also, you should carefully consider the composition of the feces, if there are inclusions of blood or mucus should immediately go to the hospital. Another reason for serious concern should be a change in the color of the feces to almost black.