Coguitum refers to the medicines of the clinical and pharmacological group of tonic preparations.
It is used for complex treatment of a decrease in the functional activity of the body, in particular in the asthenic syndrome. The active ingredient of this drug is potassium acetylaminosuccinate, which is capable of activating acetylamino-succinic acid, contained in the tissues of the central nervous system and responsible for the normal transmission of nerve impulses. Such an effect on the human body leads to normalization and stimulation of all processes of nervous regulation.
On this page you will find all information about Coguitum: the full instruction on the application for this medicine, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogs of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already applied Coguitum. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
It causes an adaptogenic and general toning effect on the organism, it contributes to the normalization of the processes of regulation of the nervous system.
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
It is released on prescription.
How much is Cogitum? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of3 000 rubles.
Form of issue and composition
The drug is produced in the form of ampoules of 10 milliliters, made of dark glass. The solution is a transparent, yellowish color with a pleasant taste reminiscent of a banana. Ampoules are sealed on both sides.
- The composition of the drug Kogitum (1 ampoule containing 10 ml) includes: 250 mg of dicalcium salt of acetylaminosuccinate, as well as additional components, including fructose.
In the package - 30 ampoules.
The active substance of the preparation is the potassium salt of acetylamino succinic acid, which is to biologically active compounds contained in cells and structures of the central nervous system. Due to this composition, the drug has the ability to normalize the processes of nervous regulation, and also has a general stimulating effect on the body.
Accurate reliable data on the rate of absorption of the active substance from the digestive tract after taking Coguitum solution inside, its distribution in the body, metabolism and excretion to date, no.
Indications for use
In what cases is this stimulating effect on the nervous system useful? Indications for taking Cogitum in pediatrics are very extensive:
- mental retardation;
- adaptation disorders;
- mental development disorders;
- delay in the stages of physical development;
- neurotic disorders;
- short-term depression;
- syndrome of perinatal nervous system damage;
- consequences of craniocerebral trauma or neuroinfections;
- a syndrome of rapid fatigue after a viral illness;
- delay of emotional, psychomotor, pre-speech and speech development;
- periods of increased emotional, physical or mental stress.
Most often neurologists recommend taking Cogitum to a child with a slight delay in speech or psychomotor development. The medicine does not interfere directly with the work of the brain, but only directs the development of the central nervous system in the right direction, helping the kid quickly catch up undeveloped skills and catch up with peers in development.
A pleasant "bonus" for parents will be strong immunity, a healthy sleep and reduced fatigue. After the course of treatment, children become more active and curious.
The agent is not assigned to patients in the following situations:
- in the presence of high sensitivity to acetylaminosuccinic acid;
- in the presence of hypersensitivity to additional components of the drug;
- patient's age is less than 7 years.
Application in pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and lactation from taking the remedy is better to give up. If this is not possible, the exact dosage of the drug is determined by a specialist.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Coguitum in the form of ampoules is intended for oral administration. The dose is prescribed individually by the doctor.
For reception it is necessary to open the ampoule from one side, then, having substituted a glass or a cup under the opened end, break off the opposite end of the ampoule. After that, the liquid will freely flow into the substituted container. The taste qualities of the preparation allow using it without prior dilution. If it is diluted with water, a loss of banana taste is possible. Most preferable is the morning intake of the drug.
- For adults, the average dose is 3 ampoules / day: 2 - in the morning and 1 - at night. The maximum dose is not known.
- Children aged 7 to 10 years are recommended to take 1 ampoule in the morning, children aged 10 to 18 years are recommended to take 2 ampoules in the morning.
The average duration of treatment in children and adults is 3 weeks.
If, for any reason, one or more doses of the drug were missed, the treatment can be continued without the need for a secondary dose adjustment.
Treatment can also be abruptly discontinued without any serious consequences for the patient.
Allergic reactions in the form of a rash or itchy skin.
In most cases, the drug is well tolerated by patients, and allergic reactions are extremely rare.
Cogitum cases have not been reported to date. However, the prescribed dosage should be observed. Excessive use of the product may lead to side effects.
If necessary, treatment can be stopped at any time, gradual withdrawal of the drug is not required.
Studies on the effect of Coguitum on the rate of reactions and the ability to concentrate attention were not carried out, however, a negative effect is unlikely.
Carrying out clinical studies, specialists did not reveal the ability of Kogituma to interact with other drugs. However, it is possible to combine the drug with other medicines only on the advice of a doctor.
The use of additional drugs may affect the dosage.
We picked up some reviews of people taking the drug Kogitum:
- Nastya. A neurologist in Niya was appointed, since the child's developmental delay, lack of speech, did not always understand the speech of other people. The first course drank 1/2 ampoules twice a day. The medicine tastes pleasant, banana, the child drank well. After the course of special jerks in the development of speech, I did not notice, but with understanding it became much better, and the intellect began to increase, in the classes the teacher noted a higher interest and perseverance. But the second year the doctor prescribed a very large dose, for a three-year-old child two ampoules a day, which resulted in excitement, tearfulness, lack of sleep for two months, the child before 4 in the morning ran like a zavedeny! After the second course, no positive changes were noticed, they were hardly taken out of that excited state. You should take the drug with caution and only in the first half of the day!
- Elena. After taking this medication, I noticed in my 10-year-old baby crying, hyperactivity, tearfulness, increased nervous excitability. Such side effects were seen after taking two Coguitum ampoules. When we lowered the dose, the symptoms I named ceased, and the child became more balanced. So if a child shows signs of increased activity, he can reduce the dose.
- Tseryabko AV, child neurologist. I often appoint Cogitum with ZRD and MZM to my patients. He will not do a miracle with gross organic brain lesions (for example, cerebral palsy), but can become a trigger that triggers speech and psychomotor development in infants with mild CNS disorders, hypoxic encephalopathy. Independently "prescribe" the drug to the child is not worth it: first the doctor must find out the reason for the lag in speech development, and only then proceed with complex treatment. And remember: you can speak about ZRR only after 3 years. If the child says almost nothing at 2-2.5 years, this may well be the norm option.
Most patients who took the general restorative "Coguitum" are satisfied with the result of therapy. For many children this medication helped to cope with the symptoms of neurotic disorders, delayed speech development, depression. It should be borne in mind that the rapid effect of the drug does not. Evaluate the result of therapy should only after passing the entire course of therapy.
In rare cases, the deterioration of the child's condition is recorded. Usually such a result is possible with hyperactivity. Symptoms of the pathological condition begin to manifest more pronounced. However, the manufacturer does not classify such a condition as side effects of the drug. Experts argue that the drug can be continued with sedatives.
The pronounced therapeutic effect gives "Kogitum" in the treatment of the consequences of craniocerebral injuries, diseases of viral etiology. Dosage and treatment regimen should be determined by the attending physician.
If a person for some reason can not use Coguitum, it is permitted to resort to the help of analogues. For the means they are:
- Cavitone is a drug that improves cerebral circulation and brain metabolism.
- Vinpocetine. It differs from the "original" in the form of release and is sold in tablets containing vinpocetine. Contains a more extensive list of indications for prescribing, so before use it is necessary to consult a specialist.
- Vinpotropil is a nootropic preparation of Russian origin. It is cheaper Coguitum. It differs from it in composition. Has a cerebrovascular and nootropic effect.
- Bilobil Forte is a capsule preparation based on a dry leaf extract of ginkgo biloba. It is an angioprotective agent of plant origin.
- The gopants. Refers to nootropic drugs, which are prescribed for diseases associated with insufficiency of cerebral circulation.
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep Coguitum in a dark and dry place, the temperature should not exceed 25 ° C. Freeze the drug can not. Shelf life 3 years.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.