Chondrolon is a chondroprotective drug used to regulate metabolic processes in the cartilaginous tissue, pain relief and slowing down the development of degenerative diseases of the spine and joints.
The scope of this drug is degenerative diseases of the spine and joints. By their structure chondroprotectors are fragments of natural cartilaginous tissue, which are required for the formation and maintenance of the articular cartilage in the "working" state. They have a moderate analgesic effect and slowly but surely improve the functional characteristics of the joints.
Chondrolone is injected intramuscularly by one ampoule every second day. With good tolerability, starting with the fourth injection, the dose of the drug can be doubled. The therapeutic course provides for 25 to 35 injections with the possibility of conducting a second course in six months.
Clinical and pharmacological group
A drug that regulates metabolism in cartilage tissue.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can buyby prescription.
How much does Chondrolon cost in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of800 rubles.
Composition and form of release
The product is available as a compressed (lyophilisate) packed in ampoules to prepare a solution for injections.
- The main active substance of the drug is chondroitin sulfate, obtained from the extract from cartilage of cattle.
Hondrolone ampoules also contain a solvent.
The active substance of the drug reduces degenerative changes in the cartilaginous tissue of the joints, affecting the metabolic processes directly in the hyaline cartilage, restores cartilaginous tissue, normalizes the production of intra-articular fluid. This helps to reduce pain in the joints, and also significantly improve their mobility.
The use of chondrolone helps to stimulate the regeneration of cartilaginous tissue and the biosynthesis of glucosaminoglycans. Three weeks after the start of Chondrolon application, positive changes can be seen, and in some cases, improvements become noticeable within two weeks after the start of treatment.
After the beginning of the reception, the patients feel better, the clinical manifestations of the reactive synovitis disappear, and the articular pains become much weaker or completely disappear. Most patients noted a very rapid increase in motion in the joints. The therapeutic effect of the use of Chondrolon persists for a long time, even after the end of treatment with this drug.
Indications for use
Chondrolon is intended for the preparation of a solution and its subsequent injection. Indications for the appointment of pricks Chondrolon are the following conditions:
- osteochondrosis with radicular syndrome;
- degenerative processes in the joints, accompanied by the destruction of cartilaginous tissue;
- the rehabilitation period after the traumas and fractures suffered in order to stimulate the early formation of bone callus.
Contraindicated the use of chondrolon with increased sensitivity to chondroitin sulfate and auxiliary components of the drug.
Liofilizate and capsules can not be administered during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
In addition, it is contraindicated to use lyophilizate for the treatment of patients with a tendency to bleeding, with thrombophlebitis, as well as in pediatrics for the treatment of children and adolescents.
Intended use for pregnancy and lactation
The drug Chondrolon in the form of injections is not prescribed to women during pregnancy. This is due to the fact that studies on the safety of the solution for fetal development and pregnancy have generally not been conducted and the experience of using the drug is limited among expectant mothers.
Prisons Chondrolon is not prescribed to nursing mothers, since the active substance of the drug is excreted in breast milk. If necessary, the drug should decide whether to stop lactation.
Dosage and route of administration
As indicated in the instructions for use, the solution of Chondrolon is administered intramuscularly at 100 mg (1 ampoule) every other day.
Before use, the contents of the ampoule are dissolved in 1 ml of water for injection. With good tolerability, the dose is increased to 200 mg (2 ampoules), starting with the fourth injection. The course of treatment is 25-35 injections. Repeated courses - after 6 months. The duration of repeated courses of treatment is set by the doctor.
To achieve a stable clinical effect, at least 25 injections of chondrolon are necessary, with the effect remaining long after the end of the second course of treatment.
The experience of the drug in children is not.
Chondrolon may cause some side effects. The main ones are:
- Hemorrhages under the skin at the injection site;
- Rashes and itching on the skin;
There are no data on drug overdose.
There is no information about an overdose. If the scheme of application is observed, an overdose is excluded.
Alcohol does not affect the effect of the drug.
Children under 15 years of age, the drug is not prescribed, because there is no information about its effect on the child.
In pregnancy, chondrolon is not used, because there is no evidence of the effect of the drug on the fetus. During lactation, breastfeeding should be stopped for the entire treatment period.
Compatibility with other drugs
Chondrolon may increase the effect of indirect anticoagulants, antiplatelet agents, fibrinolytic agents, which requires more frequent monitoring of blood coagulation indicators when combined with the use of drugs.
We offer you to read reviews of people who used Chondrolon:
- Natalia. Arthrosis of knee joints has been ill for more than 15 years. The disease passes almost imperceptibly. However, in the spring and autumn I immediately feel pain in my knees, and even sit down. This drug was prescribed to me by my doctor. A small cost in comparison with imported medicines also played a role in acquiring this particular medicine. The drug helps if you drink it for at least two months, and then take a break.
- Lana. They decided to conduct a course of chondrolon with his father (he is 74 years old). I have arthrosis, and he has polyarthritis. They pierced one course. The drug helped, it became easier for us. But the pain and limitation of mobility remained. Probably, it is necessary to do another course. I did not like the fact that the course is very long - you get tired of injections. Well, it's not very convenient to plant a medicine. I do not know, maybe it is available in vials, but I did not like the ampoules. There, as it were pressed powder in the ampoule, it must be diluted with water. The ampoule has to be shaken, but you can not pin it with a finger - the sterility is broken. If you do not clamp anything - the solution splashes.
- Kirill. I'm doing powerlifting, I need chondroprotectors because in this sport the joints suffer first of all. With an absolute guarantee, I can say that chondrolone is an effective drug for both treatment and prevention. At least 2 times a year I take a prophylactic complex of glucosamine and chondroitin, which include: chondronol, glucosamine plus and chondroxide forte. For full effect I can still advise ointment horse dose - excellent warming action.
Diseases of the joints are the second most common after problems with the cardiovascular system. In pharmacies, there are many drugs that act as a symptomatic, and the main cause of the pathology. Among the analogues of Hondrolon can be identified the following:
- Hondrogaard. Russian drug based on chondroitin. The package contains 10 ampoules. Scheme of application and indications correspond to Chondrolon.
- Alflutop. The drug is based on natural ingredients. As an active ingredient, an extract of marine fish is used that is rich in chondroitin, hyaluronic acid and other compounds necessary for the health of joints. Restores the structure of the cartilaginous tissue, reduces the inflammatory process and painful sensations. Available in the form of ampoules. The drug solution is injected intramuscularly at intervals of every three days. After completion of the course, the therapeutic effect can last up to 4 months.
- Mukosat. The drug is based on chondroitin. In one 2 ml ampoule contains 200 mg of the active ingredient. It inhibits the processes of degeneration in the joint and reduces the symptoms of the disease. Promotes the restoration of cartilaginous surfaces, increases the amplitude of movements and the quality of life of the patient. Manufacturer - Republic of Belarus.
- Artradol. The drug is based on chondroitin sulfate, an analog of Chondrolon in composition and therapeutic effect. It is prescribed for degenerative-dystrophic joint diseases. Manufacturer - Russia.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Keep away from children. Storage conditions:
- lyophilizate: at a temperature of up to 20 ° C in a dark place;
- capsules - at a temperature of up to 25 ° C, in a place protected from moisture;
- gel at a temperature of up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life: lyophilizate, capsules - 3 years; gel - 2 years.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.