Cinnarizine is a medicament that positively influences the circulatory system of the brain, coronary, peripheral zones, which improves microcirculation processes.
Normalizes nutrition of the cellular tissue with oxygen, increases hypoxic resistance. Increases the plasticity of erythrocytes, exerts a diluting effect on the blood. Actively reduces spasmodic effects of blood vessels, reduces the results of their response to drugs of narrowing.
During the use of the drug, the removal of spasms of the smooth muscles of the vessels and the reduction of their susceptibility to drugs, as well as other substances that have vasoconstrictive effects. There is also a slight blocking of histamine receptors (located, mainly in the central nervous system).
Clinical and pharmacological group
The calcium channel blocker with a predominant effect on the vessels of the brain.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can buyby prescription.
How much does Cinnarizine cost in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of55 rubles.
Composition and form of release
Pharmaceutical form of Cinnarizine - tablets: round, flat-cylindrical, with a facet, marked R on one side (or without it); color - from white to white with a creamy hue (10 pcs. in contour mesh packages, in a cardboard bundle 1-5 or 10 packs; on 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or 100 pieces. in cans of polymeric / orange glass, in a cardboard bundle of 1 can).
1 tablet contains:
- active ingredient: cinnarizine - 25 mg;
- auxiliary components: lactose, calcium stearate, povidone, aerosil, potato starch, petroleum jelly.
Cinnarizine improves peripheral and cerebral circulation by blocking calcium channels. Treatment with this drug promotes the expansion of cerebral vessels, without causing a drop in blood pressure. Instructions for use Cinnarizine describes in detail the pharmacological properties of the drug. Medication also lowers the excitability of the vestibular apparatus and the tone of the nervous system. The greatest concentration of the drug is noted 2-3 hours after ingestion.
The drug actively suppresses the intake of calcium ions in the body cells. This increases the ability of erythrocytes to plasticity and significantly reduces the viscosity of the blood. The insufficiency of supply of tissues with oxygen stops, which significantly improves the overall well-being of the sick person. The drug effectively removes spasms, exerting spasmolytic effects on blood vessels and reducing their response to nutrients. Has no effect on heart conduction and heart rate. The drug also has angistamine activity and suppresses involuntary movement of the eyeball.
This medication represents white tablets, each containing 25 mg of cinnarizine. The drug also includes lactose monohydrate, wheat starch, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, aerosil, polyvinylpyrrolidone. These substances are auxiliary.
Indications for use
What helps? Indications for Cinnarizin are the following ailments:
- Problems with concentration of attention.
- Decrease or loss of memory.
- Prevention of kinetosis (air and sea diseases).
- Disturbance of blood circulation in the brain (ischemic stroke, dyscirculatory encephalopathy, atherosclerosis, consequences of hemorrhagic stroke and craniocerebral trauma).
- Violation of peripheral circulation (syndrome of "intermittent" lameness, Raynaud's disease, trophic ulcers, diabetic angiopathy, thrombophlebitis).
- Noises in the ears of labyrinthine origin, nausea or vomiting.
- Senile dementia.
- Ménière's disease.
- Violation of thinking.
- Prevention of migraine attacks.
Another indication for Cinnarizin is symptomatic therapy of cerebrovascular pathologies, which are accompanied by dizziness, headaches, tinnitus and seizures irritability.
- pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding (lactation);
- children under 5 years;
- increased individual sensitivity to cinnarizine and other components of the drug.
Relative contraindications: with caution the drug is taken with Parkinson's disease.
Intended use for pregnancy and lactation
For nursing, the drug may be taken after refusing breastfeeding. The decision on the possibility of taking Cinnarizine by pregnant women is taken by the attending physician after a careful assessment of the potential benefit and possible risk.
Cinnarizine for children
In pediatric practice, Cinnarizine for children is allowed from the age of over 5 years. Some pediatricians may prescribe the use of pills to babies younger than the indicated figure, because there is a positive experience of treatment without the appearance of side effects. Also, under the influence of the medicine, the child's condition improves. Indications for the use of the drug are violations of the blood circulation of the brain, delayed development in terms of mastery of speech, good concentration of attention, memory, coordination of movements, ingenuity.
The instruction allows the use of the drug for children with craniocerebral injuries, to eliminate circulatory insufficiency in the brain. A gross mistake is the use of medication by parents to increase the intellectual abilities of the child or to "make up". Cinnarizine is not capable of this, and its use without evidence threatens with the manifestation of side effects (depression of pressure, disruption of the liver and kidneys, tremor).
Dosage and route of administration
As indicated in the instructions for use, Cinnarizine is prescribed inside, after a meal.
- with violations of cerebral circulation - 25-50 mg 3 times a day;
- with violations of peripheral circulation - 50-75 mg 3 times a day;
- with labyrinthine disorders - 25 mg 3 times a day;
- with sea and air sickness, before the forthcoming trip to adults - 25 mg, if necessary, dose reception is repeated after 6 hours.
Children are prescribed half the dose for adults.
The maximum daily dose should not exceed 225 mg.
With high sensitivity to the drug, treatment starts with 1/2 dose, increasing it gradually. The course of treatment is from several weeks to several months.
The use of the drug can cause side effects in humans. In the instructions for use, negative reactions are identified:
- Parkinson's syndrome, depression;
- depression of pressure, hypertension;
- increased sweating, reactions like lupus, red flat lichen;
- allergic reactions: urticaria, itching, rashes on the skin, irritations;
- weight gain;
- discomfort in the stomach, intestines, dry mouth, abdominal pain, cholestatic jaundice, indigestion (constipation, belching, bloating, diarrhea);
drowsiness, headaches, fatigue, discirculatory tics, wavy finger movements, limb tremor, imbalance, increased muscle tone, disorientation.
Overdose Cinnarizine is possible and is manifested by the following symptoms:
- Hypotension (a strong reduction in blood pressure);
When signs of an overdose of Cinnarizine should be washed stomach and within an hour to take a sorbent (for example, activated charcoal, Polyphepanum, Polysorb, Filtrum, Enterosgel, etc.). After this, symptomatic therapy is conducted, aimed at maintaining the normal functioning of vital organs and systems.
At the beginning of treatment should refrain from taking ethanol.
With prolonged use, it is recommended that a check examination of liver function, kidney function, and peripheral blood picture is recommended.
In connection with the presence of antihistamine effect, cinnarizine can affect the result of the study in the case of anti-doping control of athletes (false positive result), and also to neutralize positive reactions during skin diagnostic tests (4 days before the study, treatment should be discarded).
Women who take cinnarizine are not recommended breast-feeding. Patients with Parkinson's disease should be appointed only in cases where the benefits from his appointment exceed the possible risk of deterioration.
Compatibility with other drugs
Cinnarizine enhances the action of nootropics, sedatives, vasodilators, hypotensive drugs, ethanol. Reduces the effective action of hypertensive drugs.
We offer you to read reviews of people who used Cinnarizine:
- Artem. His weakness, and sleep even in the daytime!!! He began to sleep for 12 hours a day. Although earlier sleep was not more than 6 hours. To take started not for the purpose of the doctor, for the sake of experience, how it affects mental abilities in combination with pyracetam. After 8 days, stopped eating it. It interferes with sports.
- Oksana. "Cinnarizin" to me the doctor wrote out at all and encephalopathy. At the beginning of the special effect is not felt, except for pobachek in the form of drowsiness, dry mouth. After I lowered the dose, and I began to take only in the afternoon. The drug calmed me well, somewhere in a couple of weeks I had better concentration of attention, thinking, I began to remember better. First, because of the price, I doubted its effectiveness. Thinking that it's cheap - it means the effect will be zero. In my opinion, cenarizine is not worse than other foreign and our drugs in quality.
- Vladimir. This is the simplest preparation for cerebral vessels. I heard that he is ineffective, but he personally helps me. I have been taking Cinnarizin for several months now. I have diabetes mellitus, which caused serious complications in blood microcirculation. In general, the medicine is not bad. Strengthens the flow of blood to the brain, provides blood vessels with oxygen and increases their tropicity. By itself, I say that this drug increases the body's resistance to a lack of oxygen. Cinnarizine perfectly cleanses the spasms of the vessels. With minor vasospasms, the drug can be used up to 6-8 weeks.
Structural analogs for the active substance:
- Vertizin Forte;
- Cinnarizin Sopharma;
In combination with Piracetam (enhancing nootropic action):
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Piracetam and Cinnarizine
The combination of Cinnarizine + Pyracetam is often used in the treatment of various disorders of cerebral circulation and the reduction of cognitive functions (memory, attention, learning ability, etc.). At present, ready-made preparations containing active substances such as piracetam and cinnarizine, such as Omaron, Fezam, and others are produced. Such ready-made combination preparations are more convenient to use than Piracetam and Cinnarizine alone.
The combination of Piracetam and Cinnarizine is highly effective, as the first drug improves cognitive functions (memory, attention, learning ability), and the second - cerebral circulation. Thus, the effects of Cinnarizine and Piracetam supplement each other, as a result of which this combination of drugs is very widespread.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The shelf life of Cinnarizine tablets is 3 years. They must be stored correctly in the original undamaged packaging, protected from light and moisture, at an air temperature of + 15 to + 25 ° C. Keep away from children.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.