Therapy with bronchial asthma involves the mandatory use of inhalers, which relieve the symptoms of the disease and minimize the risk of exacerbations. Each inhaler for asthma contains highly effective drugs.
- What are the types
- The main categories of bronchial sprays
- Medications for inhalers
How to treat bronchial asthma in children - symptoms of the disease How Asthma Starts in Adults Symptoms and treatment of cardiac asthma Asthma in the adult - signs of disease Get rid of asthma at home quickly and easily
A distinctive feature of the drugs is rapid penetration into the respiratory tract. After 1-2 minutes, the drugs begin to act. The composition of modern inhalers can be different, but the mechanism is identical - stopping the attack and warning of exacerbations.
What are the types
Many aerosols used by asthmatics are first aid medicines. They help in a timely manner to eliminate the attack that occurs with bronchial asthma. In the period between such attacks, use other drugs to reduce the frequency of exacerbations.
The main categories of bronchial sprays
Today in the pharmacies are sold the following sprays from asthma:
- Broncholytic - they can eliminate spasm of the bronchi, expand their lumen. These funds are used at the time of the attack.
- Anti-inflammatory - use courses or constantly. Thanks to their action, it is possible to eliminate the inflammatory process in the airways, to prevent exacerbation.
Attention! When choosing a preparation for inhalation, it is necessary to pay special attention to its composition.
Inhalers are divided into these types of mechanism of action:
- Dosed powder preparations are easy to use, differ in the speed of "delivery" of the drug to the site of inflammation.
- Spacers - special plastic chambers, intended for installation on an inhaler. The treatment is that the asthmatic receives the right dose of the drug, the risk of side effects is reduced.
- Liquid dosage formulations - significantly facilitate the process of entering the respiratory tract of medicinal substances. This spray from asthma is one of the most convenient - it's pocket, which allows you to always keep it at hand. However, for children who are less than four years old, it is contraindicated.
- The nebulizer electric is a special device designed to spray a drug that enters all parts of the lungs. It is intended for arresting an attack and preventing exacerbations.
Attention! Inhalation drugs for adults and children are prescribed only by a doctor. He can correctly choose which option will provide the necessary assistance. Moreover, it is forbidden to engage in self-medication during pregnancy.
Medications for inhalers
Today there are special medicines, each of which has its own advantages and peculiarities of action:
- Sympathomimetics - their use is directed to the expansion of the bronchial lumen during the next asthma attack, the removal of a spasm of smooth muscles. These are short-acting drugs, they quickly eliminate symptoms.
- M-cholinoreceptor blockers are used in bronchospasm.
- Glucocorticoids are hormonal drugs with a strong anti-edematous and anti-inflammatory effect. Only the doctor prescribes them because of the increased risk of side effects.
- Non-hormonal membrane stabilizers of mast cells - eliminate edema and inflammation of the bronchial mucosa.
- Antiimmunoglobulin E is a very powerful medicine. They need to properly use, clearly following all recommendations in the instructions. It is intended for the acute form of the disease, in which standard drug therapy does not have a therapeutic effect.
Despite the considerable assortment presented above, most patients and doctors choose inhaled corticosteroids or selective beta-adrenomimetics. A special place is occupied by such medicines:
- Salbutamol (Ventolin) is a short-acting medicament that is used to relax the smooth bronchial muscles. Can be used to prevent seizures.
- Berodual - is a highly effective drug, quickly reduces bronchospasm. Actively used for bronchial asthma, obstructive bronchitis, COPD.
- Symbicort is a medicinal product with a combined composition (budesonide, formoterol). Their action is aimed at reducing the frequency of seizures.
- Seretid - used for basic therapy of diseases with airway obstruction. Good for bronchial asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), eliminates the symptoms of suffocation.
- Berotek - ideally suited for cupping and preventing asthmatic attacks.
- Beklazone - is intended for basic therapy. Contains ethanol. In case of intolerance, it is better to replace it with drugs without alcohol in the composition - for example, Pefsal.
- Relvar - the medicine showed good results in supporting maintenance of bronchial asthma and COPD.
- Fliksotid - facilitates the course of the disease, reduces the frequency of exacerbations.
Without an inhaler, no asthmatic can not do without, so it is important not only to understand how the drug works, but to be able to use it during an attack. The rules of application are simple enough, they do not require special skills:
- Take the ballonchik in the hand, putting the thumb under the device, and the top - the index.
- Well shake the medicine, exhale, grasp the mouthpiece with your lips and press your thumb on the upper part, injecting the medicine simultaneously with the inhalation.
- Hold your breath for 5-10 seconds.
- Rinse mouth if inhaled corticosteroid is used. This reduces the risk of oral cavity candidiasis.
Attention! If you have any questions regarding the operation of the device (it is possible to use it for colds, how to get rid of the allergic reaction caused by the medicine), it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Inhalers from asthma are an important part of every patient's life. If they are not used, the disease can lead to irreversible consequences. In no case can not combine therapy with alcohol.
Inhalers are prescription drugs, because only a doctor can specify the name of the drug. Many are interested in the cost of treatment. The price in the pharmacy can be different depending on the active substance and the type of inhaler. Often patients receive these drugs for free, under the appropriate state program.