Injuries to the ankle are among the most common. They account for about 25% of all calls to doctors traumatologists. Loads on the ankle when running or walking are often 6-7 times higher than our own weight. Hence the increased risk of injury. If I twisted my leg, what and how to treat this damage at home? Let's try to figure it out.
- Causes and Symptoms
- First aid for ankle injury
- Than to treat an ankle injury at home
- Baths with sea salt
- Water-based compress
- Compress of milk
- Compress of flowers tansy
- Compress of ginger root
- Compress from arnica mountain
- Compress of green tea
- The ankle has turned upside down, what to do - grass will help
- Bulb onions
- Medicamentous treatment - ointments
- The child twisted his leg what to do
- Rehabilitation - how long will it hurt
Allergy to skin in adults: treatment with ointments Symptoms and treatment of knee joint dislocation List of allergy pills What causes a dislocation of the finger on the arm - treatment What to do with a concussion of the brain - first aid
Causes and Symptoms
To tuck your leg, you do not have to be an athlete. An ordinary person can earn an ankle injury literally from scratch, stumbling, stumbling, twisting his foot, or simply stepping awkwardly. Especially worth noting representatives of the weaker sex, who adore high heels. The rule here is simple - the higher the heel - the more likely it is to be injured.
How to determine that you have twisted your leg and bruised the joint? The first symptoms are joint pain, it is painful to attack, an ankle is swollen or a bone is swollen. At the first symptoms (especially the swelling of the ankles), contact the nearest hospital and take a picture.
Note!Untimely (early) removal of gypsum with this damage can lead to the formation of a habitual dislocation of the ankle.
First aid for ankle injury
Timely provision of first aid is the key to successful treatment of trauma.
In case of an ankle injury, it is necessary:
- to release the injured limb from shoes and socks;
- to provide a leg full of rest;
- place a piece of cloth folded in several layers under the injury site;
- fasten the foot with an improvised stand so that it is above the level of the heart, in order to reduce the flow of blood;
- Attach ice to the place of injury (if it is not near at hand, a piece of meat from a freezer, or, in extreme cases, a cloth soaked in cold water) will perfectly handle it.
- if he tucked his foot in the foot, then he should bandage the foot and shin with a flexible bandage (it should be tightened, but so that the pain in the leg does not increase);
- take some kind of analgesic if pain does not give rest.
If the trauma has caught you in the park or during a trip to the forest - you will have to get out of the situation with the help of improvised means. For example, as a bandage for the rewind of a foot scarf, you can break a handkerchief. If the injury is serious and the leg hurts, it is necessary to put a tire in the role of which any suitable branch of the tree can perform. As a fastening material again, use a scarf, or even shoelaces from sneakers. Try to find some pole or rod, which you can rely on while walking. Remember that your main task is to get to a crowded place faster, which means that you have to move somehow.
Than to treat an ankle injury at home
You already know what to do if you twisted your leg and swollen your ankle, and how to provide first aid. Now it's time to talk about treatment at home.
Baths with sea salt
You will need: sea salt, water, basin, terry towel, aromatic oils. Take 2 liters of warm water and a basin, which is comfortable to place your feet. Dissolve in water 4 tbsp. l. sea salt. The greatest effect is achieved when adding mint oil, eucalyptus, pine or spruce.
To make compresses, you can use vodka, tansy flowers, ginger root, green tea, mountain arnica.
One of the easiest home recipes. To make it, you need to moisten the gauze in vodka and apply it to a sore spot, then cover it with a plastic bag or waxed paper, on top of this, lay a layer of cotton wool and bandage it. Change the compress every 6-8 hours. It will help quickly, within 2 days, to get rid of the swelling on the leg.
Compress of milk
It is done similarly. Use only warm (but not hot) milk. And the product must be natural
Compress of flowers tansy
It is necessary 3 tbsp. Spoon the color of tansy pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Insist 25-30 minutes, wrapped in a towel. Another hot mixture is applied to the cheesecloth and place the injury in place as a warming agent.
Compress of ginger root
A small amount of ginger grate and squeeze through into the cheesecloth in a container, add 5 tbsp. spoons of very hot water (but not boiling water, since the useful properties of the plant will decrease). Cook the dishes on low heat for about 5 minutes. Then moisten the towel and apply to the sore spot. After the fabric has cooled down, repeat the procedure.
Ginger improves blood circulation and eliminates toxic substances from the body.
Compress from arnica mountain
4 teaspoons of the plant mixed with 1 liter of hot water and let it brew for about 10 minutes.
Compress of green tea
Leaves chop and pour boiling water for 15-20 minutes. The thick of the tea leaves should be applied to the place of injury in a warm state. Green tea relieves pain and reduces swelling.
The ankle has turned upside down, what to do - grass will help
Infusion of flowers of calendula
If you dislocate your ankle, then this remedy:
- 40 g of crushed marigold flowers pour a glass of sunflower and keep in a cool dry place for a week.
- Then strain through gauze.
- Rub the place of the dislocation 3-4 times a day until the pain passes.
Infusion of comfrey
0.5 liters of cold water mixed with 3 liters of comfrey roots and keep on low heat for about 30 minutes, making sure that the liquid does not boil. Then let stand 4 hours and strain. Use for compresses on a sick leg, will help to quickly cure the ankle.
Infusion of nine-strength
The root of the plant must be finely chopped and poured with boiling water, from the calculation of 250 mg of liquid to three tablespoons of the crushed product, after twenty minutes the resulting infusion can be used as a therapeutic lotion.
Infusion of St. John's wort and wheat sprouts
It is necessary:
- 1 tbsp. spoonful of St. John's wort;
- 1 tbsp. a spoon of crushed fresh wheat germ;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of butter.
All ingredients should be placed in a small container and kept in a water bath for 20 minutes. Then wait 1 minute and remove the top fraction from the composition - this will be the medicine. It should be stored in a cool place (it is possible in the refrigerator), before use, preheat in a water bath for several minutes and add a few drops of thuya. The resulting ointment is applied to the injured joint.
Infusion of marjoram
1-2 teaspoons of plants pour a glass of boiling water and leave for 20 minutes. You can drink with the addition of sugar like tea 2 times a day. The course lasts 3 weeks.
Also, in the treatment of sprains and dislocations, normal vegetables can be used.
Its leaves remarkably relieve pain and swelling. If the injured leg is very noisy, attach a cabbage leaf at night to the injury site.
Rub the vegetable on a grater and put the resulting mass in the area of the injury, in the morning, rinse with warm water.
A mixture of onion gruel with the addition of salt is an excellent remedy that removes fluid from the edema - apply the mixture on the cloth and apply to the sore spot for an hour and a half, then rinse with warm water.
Rub a few garlic cloves and mix with apple cider vinegar, let it brew for a few days. The received remedy well helps with bruises and dislocations.
Also you can help:
- Sponge-Bodjaga - has excellent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it perfectly helps with bruising and puffiness (you can get it in a pharmacy).
- Rock salt (stir half the st. spoons of salt and 0.5 cup of 9 percent vinegar, moisten with this solution a piece of tissue and place on the patient). This folk remedy has good analgesic properties and well removes the tumor.
Medicamentous treatment - ointments
You can use all sorts of pharmacy ointments with anti-inflammatory effect (Fastum gel, Finalgon, Nikofleks and others). They help improve blood circulation, relieve pain and swelling. To apply to the damaged site, they must be carefully, in a thin layer, rubed with slow, cautious movements.
The main rule of home treatment for the ankle is as follows: the damaged joint should be at rest and it must be heated! Compliance with these two principles guarantees optimal recovery times for damaged tissues.
Attention!If after several days, despite all the procedures, swelling and bruising continue to grow, and the pain intensifies - immediately consult a doctor!
The child twisted his leg what to do
As a rule, children are more prone to various injuries and bruises. Therefore, parents should always know what to do if the child has twisted the leg.
- Do not panic at all! Your actions should be clear and understandable.
- If possible, take the child in his arms and calm him.
- Examine the leg if the ankle or bone is swollen, contact the hospital immediately and take a picture.
- Strictly observe all the prescriptions of the doctor.
- Use for treatment of both medicinal ointments and traditional medicine.
Rehabilitation - how long will it hurt
The recovery period of an ankle after an injury can reach several weeks. To speed up the rehabilitation process, you can advise:
- Every day to do a bath with sea salt or coniferous broth.
- Twice a day (in the morning and in the evening) massage yourself: with gentle gentle movements rub, knead, tingle and tap soft tissue in the area of the former injury. This procedure will not take you more than 15 minutes, but it will improve blood circulation, and speed up the restoration of damaged vessels. Of course, if ideally, it does not hurt the help of an experienced massage specialist, but it costs money and sometimes considerable.
- Try daily to do special exercises, aimed at restoring the work of the damaged joint.
- A good restorative procedure can be daily walks barefoot on a sandy or pebble beach.
Summarizing, it is worth noting that before starting treatment at home, do not be lazy to contact a professional doctor who will give you an accurate diagnosis. It is possible that the usual dislocation in appearance will prove to be a fracture.