Budesonide for inhalations is a complex drug that is a synthetic corticosteroid.
The drug has anti-allergic, immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory effect. It is able to increase the production of lipomodulin by the body, which stops the synthesis of arachidonic acid and prevents the inflammatory edema of the mucous membrane of the lungs and bronchi.
On this page you will find all information about Budesonide: the full instructions for use for this medicine medium, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogs of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already applied Budesonide. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Glucocorticoid (a synthetic analogue of the hormone of the adrenal cortex that regulates carbohydrate and mineral metabolism) for inhalation and topical application.
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
It is released on prescription.
How much is Budesonide? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of1 000 rubles.
Form of issue and composition
This medicine is issued in the form of:
- Dosed powder for inhalation (200 mg), 200 doses in an inhaler made of polymer materials. At the metering part of the inhaler there is a lid with a latch, on the side - a counter that shows the remaining amount of the medicine. In the inhaler is a powder, painted in white.
- Solution for inhalation (, 25 mg / ml, mg / ml), in 2 ml vials. The preparation is a colorless or pale yellow liquid with opalescent impurities.
There is also a suspension for inhalations Budesonide, which is presented in pharmacies under the trade name Budenit Steri-Neb. This agent is a finely dispersed suspension, painted white, odor is absent.
Budesonide is a glucocorticosteroid intended for topical application. It has a pronounced anti-inflammatory and antiallergic effect, reduces bronchial obstruction. The mechanism of action of the drug, which is a synthetic analogue of the hormone of the adrenal cortex, is to prevent release arachidonic acid, increasing the number of active beta-adrenergic receptors and restoring the patient's reaction to bronchodilators, reducing their frequency use.
In the treatment of budesonide contributes to the improvement of the function of respiration, leads to a decrease in the edema of bronchial mucosa and a decrease in the formation of sputum. Budesonide inhalations have a maximum clinical effect after 7-10 days of use.
Indications for use
What helps? Budesonide is used in the treatment of bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
The drug in the form of powder is prescribed internally in cases of Crohn's disease, as well as intranasally with seasonal and year-round allergic rhinitis.
All medications have contraindications. Budesonide is no exception. Its use is unacceptable in such cases:
- tuberculosis in the active stage;
- children who are under 6 years of age;
- individual immunity of the drug components;
- problems with respiratory organs caused by a fungal infection.
Particular care should be taken when using the drug if patients are at risk and they are diagnosed with the following diseases:
- ARI or ARVI;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- the presence of herpes in the area of the lips and eyes;
- hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- cardiac ischemia;
- chronic heart disease;
- severe hypertension;
- pronounced form of pheochromocytoma.
Application in pregnancy and lactation
Use of the drug by women who are at any time of pregnancy or breastfeeding is possible Only if the expected positive result for the mother will exceed the estimated risk for the baby. This question is decided only by the doctor on an individual basis.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Budesonide in the form of inhalants is prescribed:
- Adults at the beginning of treatment at 400-1600 mcg / day. in 2-4 admission, then on 200-400 mcg 2 times a day; during periods of exacerbations - up to 1600 mcg / day.
- Children - 50-200 mcg / day, the frequency of application - 2 times, the maximum dose is 400 mcg / day.
Solution for inhalation Budesonide should be used according to the manufacturer's recommendations described in the drug instructions. It is necessary to open the vial of medicine and pour the required amount through the upper hole of the nebulizer. The further inhalation process should be carried out in accordance with the indications for use for the device that the patient is using.
Aerosol for the intranasal (in the nose) application is prescribed for 2 injections (100 μg) in each nostril in the morning and evening. When the clinical effect is achieved, the dose can be reduced. Before use, the aerosol can should be shaken vigorously, then, keeping it in a position upside down, insert the nozzle into the mouth and at the time of a deep inspiration press the valve. After inhalation, rinse your mouth. When the inhalation method of administration, a pronounced clinical effect develops usually after 5-7 days of course use.
The appearance of side effects after taking budesonide was very rare, but it is still possible that the patient develops such unpleasant symptoms as:
- nausea, vomiting and lack of appetite;
- stomatitis of the oral cavity in the candidiasis;
- dry mouth;
- strong hoarseness of voice;
- headache and tinnitus;
- depletion of the adrenal cortex with the development of a deficiency in the synthesis of the hormone adrenaline;
- a sharp drop in blood glucose;
- arterial hypertension.
In the case of observing similar manifestations after the completion of inhalations, it is necessary to suspend the treatment with Budesonide for a while, and also to inform your doctor about your symptoms. It is possible that this reaction of the body is associated with the individual intolerance of the active components of the drug.
Toxic reactions in case of an overdose with budesonide are noted rarely. But with prolonged use of the drug in high doses, a systemic reaction to glucocorticosteroids may develop:
- decreased adrenal function;
- atrophy of the cortex of the adolescents;
- susceptibility to infections;
- development of hypercorticism.
- It is known that the appointment of high doses of budesonide to children can serve to reduce the secretion of hydrocortisone and slowing the rate of growth, so it is recommended during the period of therapy to monitor these indicators.
- It is important when using budesonide not to allow contact with the eye. The safety and efficacy of drug therapy in children younger than six years have not been determined to date.
- Budesonide is not recommended to be frozen or exposed to direct sunlight, the bottles should not be disassembled, thrown into the fire or pierced.
- In cases of cooling the can of medicine, you should get it out of the case and warm it up with your hands.
- Patients should be warned that in cases of missing a dose, use the drug as soon as possible, and at regular intervals on the same day, use all the remaining doses.
- After each use of the drug, it is important to thoroughly rinse the mouth with water, since the likelihood of candidal stomatitis is high.
Preliminary inhalation of beta-adrenostimulants improves the intake of prearata in the respiratory tract, expands the bronchi and enhances the therapeutic effect of budesonide.
Phenobarbital, rifampicin and phenytoin reduce the effectiveness of SCS systemic effects of the drug.
Methandrostenolone, estrogens increase the effect of budesonide.
Among other inhaled medications for the treatment and prevention of bronchial asthma, Budesonide is one of the most frequently prescribed.
In the overwhelming majority of cases, reviews about it are positive. Despite the fact that it is not necessary to talk about complete recovery of health for asthmatics, many of the patients passing treatment Budesonide, note a significant improvement in their own condition and the fact that the drug can achieve a stable remission asthma.
Synonyms of the drug are medicines Budieir, Tafen Novolayzer, Benacort, Budenit, Steri-Neb, Budecort, Novopulmon E Novolayzer and Pulmicort.
Analogues of Budesonide belong to such medicines as:
- Beklazone Eco;
- Asmaneks Twistheiler;
- Klenil UDV;
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Budesonide should be stored in a dry, well ventilated, inaccessible place for children and light, at temperatures varying between 15-25 ° C.
The storage period is five years. After the expiration date, the medicine should be disposed of.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.