Mexicor is an antioxidant drug, which reduces oxidative stress, improves cellular energy metabolism, functional state ischemic myocardium with myocardial infarction and contractile function of the heart, which reduces the manifestations of diastolic and systolic dysfunction of the left ventricle.
Mexicor has nootropic properties, prevents and reduces learning and memory disruptions arising from vascular diseases of the brain (ischemic stroke, discirculatory encephalopathy), with mild and moderate cognitive impairment, has an antihypoxic effect, increases concentration and operability.
Inclusion of the drug in the complex therapy of patients with acute impairment of the cerebral circulation reduces the severity of clinical manifestations of stroke and improves the course of the rehabilitation period.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
It is released on prescription.
How much does Mexicocore cost? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of200 rubles.
Form of issue and composition
Medicinal forms of Mexico:
- Capsules: yellow, gelatinous, hard, size # 2; The contents of the capsules are granules, which include granules and Powder of yellowish-white or white color (10 capsules per package in a cellular contour, in a cardboard pack of 2, 3 or 6 packages).
- Solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration: colorless or slightly colored, clear liquid (2 ml in an ampoule of dark glass, in a package with a 5-ampoule cell loop, in a cardboard bundle of 1, 2, or 4 packs).
Composition of 1 capsule:
- Active substance: ethyl methylhydroxypyridine succinate - 100 mg;
- Additional components: povidone (low molecular weight polyvinylpyrrolidone), potato starch, lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate;
- Capsule shell: titanium dioxide, gelatin, dye quinoline yellow, dye sunset yellow.
Composition of 1 ml of solution:
- Active substance: ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate - 50 mg;
- Additional components: disodium edetate, succinic acid, water for injection.
Mexicor has antianginal, anti-ischemic, angioprotective, antihypoxic, anxiolytic, hypocholesterolemic effects.
With the use of Mexicor, the activity of enzymes of the antioxidant system increases in a person, the oxidative processes decrease, and energy exchange at the cellular level improves. Meksicor is used to normalize brain metabolism, improve blood flow to the brain, microcirculation of blood, and also to reduce platelet aggregation.
When appointing Mexicor, symptoms of left ventricular dysfunction, the state of the ischemic myocardium decrease. Mexicor, the reviews confirm, increases the endurance with physical exertion of patients who have angina or ischemic heart disease.
Indications for use
Mexicor in capsules is used to treat the following diseases:
- ischemic stroke and ischemic heart disease (as part of complex therapy);
- cognitive disorders of mild and moderate severity.
When Mexicor injections are prescribed, the indications for use can be similar, as well as the acute period of myocardial infarction.
- lactation period (breastfeeding);
- acute violations of liver function;
- acute renal dysfunction;
- children and adolescents under 18 years of age (efficacy and safety not established);
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Use in pregnancy and lactation
Active components are well absorbed by blood cells, so its use during pregnancy and lactation is strictly contraindicated.
Dosage and route of administration
The instructions for use indicate that Mexicor is prescribed inside.
- The initial dose is 100 mg (1 caps.) 3 times / day. Next, you should gradually increase the dose depending on the clinical course of the disease and the tolerability of the therapy. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 800 mg, single dose - 200 mg. The daily dose of the drug is preferably divided into several doses during the day. The course of treatment with Mexico is completed gradually, reducing the daily dose of the drug by 100 mg.
- The duration of the course of therapy by Mexico when applying it in the complex therapy of IHD and circulatory disorders of the brain should be at least 1.5-2 months. Repeated courses (on the recommendation of a doctor), preferably in the spring-autumn periods.
With the complex therapy of discirculatory encephalopathy, mild and moderate cognitive disorders, Mexicor is prescribed without restriction of the course of treatment for duration, at a dose of 100 mg 3-4 times / day.
Solution - instruction
In the treatment of acute myocardial infarction, Mexicor is given intravenously or intravenously for 14 days against a background of traditional therapy including nitrates, beta-adrenoblockers, ACE inhibitors, thrombolytics, anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents, as well as symptomatic indications.
In the first 5 days to achieve maximum effect, the drug should be administered iv, in the next 9 days - the drug can be injected / m.
In / in the introduction of the drug is carried out by dropwise infusion, slowly (to avoid side effects), on physiological solution or 5% solution of dextrose (glucose) in a volume of 100-150 ml for 30-90 min. If necessary, a slow jet injection of a preparation lasting not less than 5 minutes is possible.
Administration of the drug (iv or IM) is carried out 3 times / day, every 8 hours. The daily therapeutic dose is 6-9 mg / kg body weight, single dose - 2-3 mg / kg body weight. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 800 mg, single dose - 250 mg.
With discirculatory encephalopathy in the phase of decompensation, Mexicor should be applied iv / drip or drip in a dose of 100 mg 2-3 times / day for 14 days. Then the drug is given in / m at 100 mg / day for the next 2 weeks. In the future, the drug is prescribed in the form of capsules of 100 mg 2-4 times / day, the frequency and duration of therapy is determined by the doctor.
For the course of prophylaxis of discirculatory encephalopathy, Mexicor is administered in / m at a dose of 100 mg 2 times / day for 10-14 days.
In acute disorders of cerebral circulation (ischemic stroke), Mexicor is used as part of complex therapy in the first 2-4 days intravenous drip 200-300 mg 2-3 times / day, then in / m 100 mg 3 times / day. The duration of treatment is 10-14 days. In the future, the drug is administered orally in the form of capsules of 100 mg 2 times / day for 14 days and 100 mg 3 times / day for the next 7 days. The frequency and duration of repeated courses of therapy is determined by the physician.
For the treatment of mild and moderate cognitive disorders, Mexicor is given a / m dose of 100-300 mg / day for 14 days. If necessary, in the future, the drug is used in capsular form for 100 mg 2-4 times / day (on the recommendation of a doctor) without limiting the course of treatment for duration.
During therapy with any medication, there is a risk of undesirable side effects. The drugs we are considering are no exception. Most often found:
- Appearance of dryness of mucous membranes;
- Allergic reactions;
- Painful sensations in the stomach and intestines.
- An eructation, a heartburn.
- Violation of the stool.
"Mexidol" may in some cases lower blood pressure.
It is not necessary, probably, to remind, that at occurrence of collateral reactions it is necessary to inform on it to the attending physician.
Since the drug is low-toxic, the likelihood of overdose is almost non-existent even with prolonged use. If a large number of capsules are accidentally ingested (for example, among young children), it is recommended that the patient be induced to vomit and take activated charcoal or other enterosorbents.
If necessary, perform symptomatic treatment.
Parenteral application of Mexicor in the treatment of acute myocardial infarction and ischemic stroke, chronic form of cerebral circulation (dyscirculatory encephalopathy) should always continue taking the drug inside (1 capsule 3 times a day), this allows you to ensure that the achieved clinical effect. The duration of the capsules is determined by the doctor.
During the period of drug treatment, care must be taken when driving vehicles and occupying others potentially dangerous activities that require increased concentration and speed of psychomotor reactions.
When using the drug, it is necessary to take into account the interaction with other drugs:
- Mexicor reduces the toxic effects of ethanol.
- Mexicor increases the antianginal activity of nitrates and the antihypertensive activity of ACE inhibitors and beta-blockers.
- Mexicor enhances the action of anticonvulsants (carbamazepine), antiparkinsonics (levodopa) and benzodiazepine anxiolytics.
We picked up some reviews of people taking the drug Mexicor:
- Ilya. After taking the mexicor, the condition improved before it jumped the pressure, the gray hair disappeared, the veins disappeared partially in the legs, and a very good preparation stopped nervous.
- Svetlana. There was a hypertensive crisis... Have appointed or nominated treatment, in t.ch.and meksikor on 1 t.h 3 times / day. After the first day of reception I felt much better... I've been drinking for a week. The condition returned to normal, I feel good.
- Olga. I accept Mexicor. The pressure jumps were calmed down, the dream returned to normal. It was very meteodependent - it felt magnetic storms, it was hard for weather changes. All these phenomena passed or were smoothed out when taking Mexicor. At first I took 3 caps. A day, then reduced to 2 times. I accept 3 months already.
In general, reviews about Mexico are quite diverse. Some doctors say that treatment with the drug is ineffective and doubts the effectiveness composition of the drug and its metabolites, formed as a result of the decomposition of the active substance in organism. Therefore, experts often believe that monotherapy with the drug does not lead to a significant improvement in the state of health.
Many patients also agree with them and say that the course of treatment with Mexico did not have a significant effect on the body.
Among the similar drugs that have the same group and similar composition, the following medicines can be distinguished:
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of reach of children, protected from light and moisture. Recommended storage temperature is up to 25 ºС.
Shelf life - 3 years.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.