Finalgon is a popular remedy for the treatment of various pathologies of the musculoskeletal system.
Active components of the drug have a pronounced local irritant effect, have anti-inflammatory, analgesic, warming and vasodilating effect.
Finalgon is used to treat tendovaginitis, arthritis, bursitis, myalgia and arthralgia, to eliminate the consequences of bruises and injuries, as well as as a means for warming up the joints and muscles of athletes before training or sports.
Redness and increase in skin temperature after application of the ointment indicate a high penetration rate of the drug. The maximum degree of local action of Finangel is observed 15-30 minutes after application.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Preparation with local irritating and analgesic action.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can buywithout a doctor's prescription.
How much does Finalgone cost in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of300 rubles.
Composition and form of release
Finalgon is available in the form of an ointment for 30-50 g in an aluminum tube.
- The main active ingredients are nonivamide 4 mg and nicoboxil 25 mg.
Auxiliary components: silicon dioxide, petrolatum, sorbic acid, citronella oil, adipic acid.
Finalgon has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. After application of this drug on the skin, penetration of active substances into peripheral and nerve fibers occurs. This drug promotes vasodilation and improvement of enzyme reactions. Also, Finalgon is able to cause temporary flushing of the skin to improve blood flow.
Reviews about Finalgone say that the drug has the property of deep penetration of active components into tissues. Therefore, its application gives a relatively fast effect, which occurs within 25-30 minutes. It acts on the foci of inflammation directly, eliminating the pain syndrome. This helps restore damaged muscles, tissues and nerve fibers of the human body.
Indications for use
What helps? Finalgon can be used for symptomatic therapy of any injuries and pathologies that are accompanied by acute pain. The main indications for use:
- Inflammation of the periarticular bag.
- Inflammation of the roots of the spinal cord.
- Pain in muscles and joints with rheumatism.
- Inflammation of the joints.
- Pain in the muscles, which is caused by extremely strong physical activity.
- Stretchings, bruises, injuries and other ligament injuries, provoked by the performance of sports exercises.
- Pain in the lower back.
- Inflammation of nerves.
- Pathology of peripheral circulation.
- Carrying out a quick "warming up" of muscles before exercising.
- age up to 12 years;
- pregnancy and lactation.
Do not use ointment on inflamed skin areas, sensitive skin, areas with increased permeability (inner thighs, neck, lower abdomen).
Intended use for pregnancy and lactation
Despite the fact that the active elements of Finangel almost do not enter the systemic circulation, the use of the drug by pregnant and lactating patients is contraindicated. An exception is the complete refusal of breastfeeding during lactation.
Dosage and route of administration
As indicated in the instructions for use, treatment should begin with applying a small amount of the drug to a small area of the skin to assess the individual response. Individual reaction to the drug may differ significantly: some people will only need to apply a small amount of ointment, in order to cause the necessary warming-up effect, while in others the heating effect is negligible or absent.
Begin the use of the drug with the lowest dose. To do this, using the applied applicator, a column of the drug no larger than 0.5 cm, is applied to the corresponding area of the palm-sized skin with light rubbing movements. To enhance the healing effect of the skin on which the drug is applied, you can cover with a woolen cloth.
With repeated use, the reaction to the ointment may decrease, which requires an increase in the dose, which is selected individually. The maximum recommended dose of the drug is no more than 1 cm of the ointment column per palm-sized area (about 10 × 20 cm).
- If necessary, the ointment is used 2-3 times / day.
To pre-warm up the muscles before exercise, sports competitions it is recommended to rub around 30 minutes before they start.
The patient should be warned that if there is no desired effect within 10 days, you should consult a doctor.
After applying the product on the skin, wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
Ointment Finalgon has a limited number of side effects that affect various body systems. The maximum number of side effects develops on the skin:
- vesicles and pustules;
- contact dermatitis;
- swelling of the face;
- a strong feeling of heat in the application area.
There are also possible side effects not related to the skin:
- anaphylactic reactions;
- paresthesia ("running chills");
- burning on the skin;
When applying an excessive amount of Finalgon ointment, the skin develops marked hyperemia and intense burning occurs, and negative side effects can also occur. Rarely, systemic reactions can develop in the form of reddening of the skin of the upper body, reducing the level of systemic arterial pressure.
Treatment consists in washing off the ointment from the skin, as well as its treatment with vegetable oil or a cosmetic cream on a fatty basis. When there are systemic signs of an overdose of Finalgon ointment, you should consult your doctor.
Before you start using the drug, read the special instructions:
- After using Finangel, immediately wash your hands with soap and water.
- Before or after applying the drug on the skin, do not take a hot bath or shower.
- The drug contains sorbic acid, which can cause local skin irritation (eg, contact dermatitis).
- Care must be taken to avoid accidental ingestion of the drug to other areas of the skin or getting the drug on another person.
- Sweating or applying heat to the site of application can cause reddening of the skin and intense sensation of heat even a few hours after Finangel.
- Avoid accidental ingestion of the drug on the face, eyes, nose or mouth. This can lead to temporary swelling of the face, pain in the face, inflammation of the conjunctiva, eye hyperemia, burning in the eyes, visual impairment, discomfort in the oral cavity and stomatitis.
The drug causes flushing of the skin, resulting in redness, a feeling of heat, itching and burning at the site of application. These symptoms can be more pronounced when applying an excessive amount of the drug or in the case of intense rubbing on the surface of the skin. Use of excessive amounts of the drug or intense rubbing on the surface of the skin can lead to the occurrence of vesicles or pustules at the site of application of the ointment.
Compatibility with other drugs
Drug interaction between Finalgone and other drugs, applied locally or systemically, was not revealed.
We offer you to familiarize yourself with the reviews of people who used Finalgon:
- Julia. Finalngon saves my granny from pain in the back, knees. She is very old, she lives with us, but to treat joints is useless, she is 90 years old, so we save her with the final. We rub our knees, our backs for the night - and she sleeps peacefully, as he relieves the inflammation, the pain. She, after we have spread it, wraps these places with a woolen shawl and says that she is comfortable with it. So in our first aid kit the finalgon and the like gels-ointments are always available.
- Vladimir. In winter, when there was ice, I slipped, hurt my knee painfully. It's good that I did not break anything. The bruise was strong, but I decided to deal with it myself - Finalingon ointment was applied to the knee, slightly wiped off, covered with a woolen cloth on top. The next day, my leg hurt less, but I repeated the procedure. For 4 repetitions the pain is completely gone.
- Lera. After training, joints and muscles often ache. "Finalgon" quickly copes with any pain in the body, warms the problem areas, gives elasticity to the bundles and strengthens them, and also relieves excessive stress, thanks to the active components available. With the use of this drug pain retreat within 15 minutes. "Finalgon" - this is perhaps the best tool for people involved in sports.
Structural analogs for the active substance:
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Capsicum or Finalongon?
Analogue Finalgona Capsicum contains camphor and turpentine, which show a local irritant effect, relieve pain and warm the skin.
The drugs have a similar principle of action and indications for use. They have the same contraindications. Choose from medications, which is better, should the doctor, based on the patient's individual response to each of the means.
Finalgon or Fastum gel?
Both drugs are used to eliminate the effects of traumatic damage to muscles, tendons or ligaments. Finalgon has a warming effect, and Fastum gel - on the contrary, has a calming effect.
Finalgon is best used to treat old injuries and bruises that are not accompanied by hemorrhages, bruises or severe swelling. Finalgon is good for treating pathologies that require strong warming. It is great for warming up muscles, for recovering from injuries and for eliminating the pain syndrome caused by pinching, neuritis, or damage to ligaments, cartilage, etc.
Fastum gel is designed to treat fresh injuries that are combined with hemorrhages and swelling. Its use is adequate when it is necessary to calm the surface and simultaneously increase blood flow with the activation of metabolism and healing processes. The drug well helps the process of resorption of hemorrhages and bruises.
Thus, Finalgon and Fastum gel are used to treat various stages of damage to the musculo-articular-ligament apparatus.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Shelf life of the ointment is 4 years from the date of its manufacture. The preparation should be stored in intact original packaging, protected from light and moisture, at an air temperature not exceeding + 25 ° C. Keep away from children.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.