Amelotex refers to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
The composition of the drug includes meloxicam - a selective inhibitor of the enzyme COX-2 and prostaglandins, triggering pain syndrome. The use of Amelotex is included in the complex scheme of treatment of inflammatory diseases of the joints.
On this page you will find all information about Amelotex: the full instructions for use for this medication, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogs of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Amelotex injections. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
NSAIDs (antipyretic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic).
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
It is released on prescription.
How much are the injections of Amelotex? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of300 rubles.
Form of issue and composition
Solution for intramuscular administration: a clear or slightly opalescent liquid of yellow with a greenish tinge (1.5 ml in colorless glass ampoules, 3 or 5 ampoules in contour cells, in a pack of cardboard 1 or 2 packages of 3 ampoules, 1, 2 or 4 packs of 5 ampoules each).
Amelotex injections affect the enzyme COX-2, which triggers the production of prostaglandins - chemicals released by tissues during the inflammatory process. They irritate the nerve endings, which causes pain in the affected area. Increase in the permeability of the vascular walls contributes to the release of blood plasma into the intercellular space, because of this there is swelling. Prostaglandins prevent the outflow of blood from the inflamed joints, as a result of which the skin acquires a reddish shade.
There are several types of prostaglandins produced in the human body. Some of them do not contribute to the development of the inflammatory process. They are in the stomach and protect the mucous membranes of the body from ulceration. The synthesis of these substances is responsible for the enzyme COX-1. Most NSAIDs interfere with the production of both substances at the same time, which leads to the development of peptic ulcer. Amelotex injections do not have such a side effect, which is explained by selective action.
The anti-inflammatory effect is manifested by a decrease in intensity:
- pain syndrome;
The necessary concentration of the active substance in the blood is detected 10-20 minutes after the administration of Amelotex injection. Meloksikam connects with plasma proteins and spreads across all tissues. The greatest concentration is achieved in the connective tissues. The active substance overcomes the hemoencephalic barrier, penetrating into the tissues of the brain and bone marrow. Meloksikam enters through the placenta into the fetal system, is excreted together with breast milk during lactation. The half-life is 12 hours. In the liver, the active substance disintegrates, the end products are excreted by the kidneys. A small part of meloxicam leaves through the intestine.
Indications for use
Considering the fact that the active element of the drug meloxicam is perfectly accumulated in the tissues of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, a drug for intramuscular injections Amelotex is prescribed for various pathological processes in the structure of the system.
According to the instructions, the following indications are the main indications for the use of the medicament:
- Osteoarthritis is a degenerative-dystrophic joint disease, in which the disintegration of their cartilaginous tissue occurs, the formation of a focus of inflammation.
- Rheumatoid arthritis - the development of inflammation of the joints of a person, caused by malfunctions in the functioning of the immune system. In the presence of this inflammatory disease, autoantibodies are produced that destroy the tissues of the joints.
- Arthritis is a joint disease, in which an inflammatory process that affects the joint tissues develops. It is often provoked by severe local hypothermia, bacterial infection.
- Bechterew's disease or ankylosing spondylitis is a pathological process of the autoimmune type, which is characterized by the development of inflammation of vertebral structures. The mobility of the spine is greatly reduced, the person experiences regular back pain.
Absolute for solution, suppository and tablets:
- Erosive-ulcerative lesions of the mucous membrane of the stomach or duodenum;
- Severe hepatic impairment;
- Active liver disease;
- Period after aortocoronary bypass surgery;
- Inflammatory bowel diseases, such as nonspecific ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease;
- Progressive kidney disease, including confirmed hyperkalemia;
- Cerebrovascular or other bleeding;
- Active gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Age to 15 years;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Rare hereditary diseases, such as glucose-galactose malabsorption, lactose intolerance and lactase deficiency (only for tablets);
- Decompensated heart failure;
- Severe renal insufficiency in patients not undergoing dialysis (creatinine clearance <30 mL / minute);
- Complete or incomplete combination of bronchial asthma, recurrent nasal polyposis and paranasal sinuses, as well as intolerance to other NSAIDs, including acetylsalicylic acid (in history including);
- Hypersensitivity to any component of Amelotex.
Relative for solution, suppositories and tablets:
- Presence of Helicobacter pylori infection;
- Instructions in the anamnesis for the development of ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT);
- Diseases of peripheral arteries;
- Creatinine clearance less than 60 ml / minute;
- Severe somatic diseases;
- Cardiac ischemia;
- Congestive heart failure;
- Cerebrovascular diseases;
- Dyslipidemia / hyperlipidemia;
- Frequent use of alcohol;
- Elderly age;
- Prolonged use of NSAIDs;
- Concomitant therapy with oral glucocorticosteroids (eg, prednisolone), antiplatelet agents (including clopidogrel or acetylsalicylic acid), anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (eg, paroxetine, citalopram, sertraline, fluoxetine).
Application in pregnancy and lactation
The drug is contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding).
Suppressing the synthesis of prostaglandins can have an undesirable effect on the course of pregnancy and fetal development.
It is known that NSAIDs penetrate into breast milk, so Amelotex is not recommended for use during breastfeeding.
The use of meloxicam, as well as other drugs blocking the synthesis of prostaglandins, can affectfertility, so it is not recommended for women planning a pregnancy.
Instructions for use Amelotex
The instructions for use indicate that the Amelotex solution is intended for parenteral (intramuscular) administration. The drug should be injected deep into the muscle, making sure that the needle does not hit the cavity of the vessel.
The injections should be carried out according to the rules of asepsis. Amelotex solution, as a rule, is injected into the outer upper quadrant of the gluteus muscle. The daily dose of meloxicam is administered at one time. The duration of therapy and the dose of meloxicam is determined by the doctor.
- In rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis, as a rule, administration of 15 mg meloxicam per day is prescribed. With the expressed effect after a few days the dose can be reduced to 7.5 mg meloxicam per day.
- With osteoarthritis, therapy, as a rule, begins with the administration of 7.5 mg meloxicam per day. With insufficient effect, the dose of meloxicam is increased to 15 mg per day.
- Patients with an increased risk of developing unwanted effects, as well as elderly patients, are usually prescribed the administration of 7.5 mg meloxicam per day. The highest daily dose of meloxicam is 15 mg.
For patients with severe renal failure who are on hemodialysis, as well as for patients with an increased risk of developing unwanted effects, the highest daily dose of meloxicam is 7.5 mg.
If the dose of Amelotex medication permitted by the instructions or by the doctor is exceeded, this can lead to serious side effects. In this case, the patient will be prescribed additional treatment depending on the symptomatology.
The main side effects:
- Attacks of nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea / constipation, gastrointestinal bleeding. Sometimes develops gastritis, esophagitis, enteritis.
- According to patients, bronchial spasms may occur.
- Increased palpitations, the appearance of peripheral edema, increased blood pressure, a rush of blood to the face and upper body.
- Increase in the level of enzymes (AST, ALT), which signals violations of the liver, hepatitis, increased levels of bilirubin.
- An allergic reaction that manifests itself in different ways (depends on the individual characteristics of the patient). There may be a rash on the skin, itching, photophobia, urticaria, in some cases there is a risk of anaphylactic shock.
- According to the patients, dizziness, drowsiness, loss of orientation in space, headache are observed.
- Anemia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia.
- There may be a violation of visual function, conjunctivitis.
- Increased levels of urea, uric acid, creatine in the blood, rarely develops acute renal failure.
Exceeding the permissible dose of the drug may lead to the development of any one or more side effects. There is no specific antidote, symptomatic therapy is used to improve the condition.
Before starting the solution for intramuscular injections of Amelotex, you should carefully study the instructions and make sure there are no contraindications. It is worth paying attention to special instructions:
- Simultaneous use of Amelotex with other drugs may increase their activity (other representatives of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) or reduce it (antihypertensive drugs). Therefore, it is absolutely necessary to consult a doctor.
- Excluded the introduction of the drug to pregnant women, nursing women and children under 15 years.
- Elderly, the dose of the drug is reduced.
- With special care and constant clinical and laboratory control, the drug is prescribed for people with pathology of liver, kidney and peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum.
- In view of the possible development of drowsiness, the drug is undesirable to use for people whose activities are associated with increased concentration of attention and require a rapid psychomotor reaction.
If you have any doubts or questions, you should consult your doctor. In pharmacies, the solution for intramuscular injection Amelotex is dispensed by prescription.
Solution for intramuscular administration, suppositories and tablets:
- Intrauterine contraceptives, antihypertensive drugs: their effectiveness decreases;
- Myelotoxic agents: Amelotex hematotoxicity increases;
- Indirect anticoagulants, thrombolytics (streptokinase, fibrinolysin), heparin, ticlopidine: the risk of bleeding increases (it is necessary to periodically monitor the coagulability of blood);
- Other NSAIDs: increased risk of ulcerative gastrointestinal lesions and gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors: the likelihood of developing gastrointestinal bleeding increases;
- Lithium preparations: the concentration of lithium in the blood plasma increases;
- Methotrexate: the myelodepressant effect of the drug increases;
- Kolestyramin: acceleration of meloxicam excretion;
- Diuretics: the risk of kidney dysfunction is increased;
- Ciclosporin: the nephrotoxic effect of meloxicam is enhanced.
In the form of gel, Amelotex should not be used concomitantly with other NSAIDs and products intended for external use.
Some user reviews:
- Last year, my knees fell ill, I was examined for arthritis, bursitis + arthrosis, terrible pains, could not sleep from the pain, I was prescribed amylotex injections 10 days, the pain was dulled, but did not go away, another half a month drank in tablets. Physiotherapy-magnet (on knees 10), nothing helped. I do not know, maybe I'm an exception. The pain completely went away only after the other drugs. Alla.
- Amelotex helps me very much. As soon as the joints become aggravated, I immediately put 5-6 injections, 1 per day, at night, the pain goes away. They remove the inflammation, it's the same, so it works in a complex way. The only thing, carefully read the instructions, he has contraindications, so be careful with it. I do not have any money, but it's better to be safe. ATalentine.
Analogues of the solution for injection Amelotex include Revmoxicam, Meloxicam, Movalis.
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The solution for the / m introduction should be stored in a dark place at a temperature of 8 ° to 25 ° C. Do not store in the refrigerator. Shelf life - 4 years.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.