Toxic hepatitis is a disease of the liver, which is manifested by the ingress of chemical or other toxic substances into the body. They, in turn, have a harmful effect on the liver, thereby destroying its tissues. Every person is affected. Therefore, what is toxic hepatitis, symptoms and treatment should be carefully considered.
- Causes of the disease
- Symptoms of toxic hepatitis
- Toxic hepatitis in pregnant women
- Diagnosis of the disease
- Treatment of toxic hepatitis
- Treatment with folk remedies
Hepatitis B: How is it transmitted? Symptoms and treatment of viral hepatitis How is alcoholic hepatitis manifested - effective treatment methods Is jaundice a hepatitis A, B or C? Signs and treatment of hepatitis C in men
Causes of the disease
The main reason for the development of this disease in humans is the effect of poisonous substances that have got into the body on the functioning of the liver. The most common sources of damage are:
- Medications. The intake of excessive amounts of some highly effective drugs have a toxic effect on the body. Especially dangerous is the failure to comply with the dosage of antiviral, anti-tuberculosis, anticonvulsants, and antibiotics.
- Industrial substances. Toxic poisons, which are released during industrial production, can affect the body by inhalation, and also through skin. The greatest danger is arsenic, chlorine, phenol, phosphorus and many others.
- Alcoholic beverages. Abuse of these drinks, especially of questionable production, leads to liver damage.
- Poisons of vegetable origin. Poisonous fungi and plants of the order of weeds have toxic elements in their composition. Entry into the human body causes an acute form of the disease.
Important to remember!When dealing with these harmful substances, you should be very careful!
Symptoms of toxic hepatitis
This disease can manifest itself in acute and chronic form. Acute toxic hepatitis proceeds swiftly, can cause such signs:
- Localization of pain in the abdominal cavity. Appears most often in the hypochondrium. It occurs a couple of days after the harmful substance enters the body. In the same period, the liver is enlarged.
- Intoxication of the body. There is a sharp increase in body temperature, fever, nausea, leading to vomiting, aches in the body, joints.
- Hemorrhage. Blood can flow from the nose, minor protrusions of blood on the skin.
- Violation of mental state. There is a slowed reaction or, conversely, too excited state. Violated spatial orientation, which is caused by the defeat of the central nervous system.
- The appearance of jaundice. The process of destruction of the liver is always accompanied by the appearance of yellowness on the skin and mucous membranes. Also, the urine becomes darker, and the feces decolour.
- Increased liver size. Hepatic cells affected by inflammation are replaced with adipose tissue.
With this form of the disease, symptoms are quite rapid. It is very important to react to them in time and to start effective treatment. Chronic toxic hepatitis - symptoms and treatment resemble an acute form, but the symptoms have a gradual increasing character:
- regular pain in the abdominal cavity;
- slight increase in body temperature to 37.5 ° C;
- lack of appetite;
- feeling of bitterness in the mouth;
- the appearance of rashes accompanied by severe itching;
- enlargement of the liver and spleen.
These symptoms in chronic form may disappear and become active again.
Important to remember!At the first ailments, you should consult a specialist and get a check-up! The quicker to begin treatment, the less destructive effect the disease will have on the liver.
This disease is especially dangerous for children. It is quite rare in children, so it is very difficult to diagnose such hepatitis from them.
Toxic hepatitis in pregnant women
The occurrence of this disease in women during pregnancy is rare. Usually pregnant women from disadvantaged groups of the population are affected as a result of using alcohol-containing liquids of doubtful origin. There is alcoholic toxic hepatitis. Also, sometimes poisoning the body with potent drugs.
Treatment of hepatitis in pregnant women occurs in a cardinal way. To do this, a woman undergoes medical therapy, which lasts about 1 week, with the subsequent termination of pregnancy. In conditions of intoxication of the body, the fetus does not have a chance to survive, so most often the disease leads to spontaneous abortion.
It is important to know!Bearing the future baby is a responsible step, so you should avoid the use of harmful beverages! To keep a healthy child is a chance only if the disease has appeared in late pregnancy. It should also be reported to expectant mothers who are at risk, that drinking alcohol during the period of bearing a child affects his brain. This is fraught with inhibited development of the baby after birth.
Diagnosis of the disease
In order to accurately detect hepatitis, you need to go through a lot of research. After all, the symptoms of the disease are similar to other liver pathologies. Correctly determine the diagnosis will help such activities:
- General analysis of urine and blood. Detects inflammatory processes in the body.
- Biochemical study. It shows deviations from the norm of the constituent blood, which indicates the defeat of the body.
- Ultrasound of organs. Allows you to determine the severity of damage to the liver and other internal organs.
- Liver biopsy. It is used to determine the level of damage to the body.
Important to remember!The diagnosis is made only by a specialist! Only he can properly decipher the results of the studies.
Treatment of toxic hepatitis
Treatment of this disease is aimed at the dynamic removal of harmful substances from the body. The method of getting rid of poison is in such events:
- Bed rest is the whole period of rehabilitation.
- Gastric lavage. It is required to clean it of the possible remaining harmful substance. For this, patients are administered a special probe, cleaning the stomach with water in several approaches.
- Excretion of toxic substances from the body. Special cleansing drippers and activated charcoal are used, which absorbs toxins.
- Admission of vitamins of group B and C. They help to maintain normal functioning of the body, help restore strength and vivacity.
- The use of hepatoprotectors. Are directed on restoration of the amazed tissues of a liver. Such medicinal preparations can be: Heptral, Essentiale, Leaf 52 and agents with a similar composition.
- Reception of choleretic preparations. Poisonous substances are removed from the liver together with bile. For this function, such medicines are suitable: Holosas, Holensim, and also their analogues.
- Compliance with a balanced diet. Daily food should be divided, that is, eating often, but in small portions. The diet provides for the exclusion of fatty, smoked, fried, canned and spicy dishes. Beneficial to the body will bring lean meat of poultry, rabbit, veal, fresh vegetables and fruits, pasta.
Important to remember!It is necessary to observe the dosage correctly! After all, their incorrect application will slow down the recovery.
Treatment with folk remedies
Toxic hepatitis of the liver can be treated at home using prescriptions of traditional medicine. The advantage is the use of natural ingredients that have a beneficial effect on the functioning of the liver and the removal of inflammatory processes. There are a number of ways to prepare such medicines.
It will take 2 tbsp. l. finely chopped calendula flowers, pour 1 cup boiling water, infuse for 1 hour. Broth strain and take 50 ml 4 times a day. Such a drug promotes the rapid excretion of bile.
It should be 0.5 liters of boiling water pour 2 tbsp. l. chicory, add 1 tbsp. l. honey and 1 hour. l. lemon juice. Mix the resulting mixture. Eat as unlimited amounts of tea.
Grind 1 tbsp. l. root of dandelion, add 1 glass of purified water. Put on a slow fire for about 1 hour. After that, cool and take 1 tbsp. l. broth 3 times a day before eating.
St. John's Wort
Should take 2 tbsp. l. chopped St. John's wort, pour 1 glass of hot water. Put on fire, boil for 5 minutes. Cool and drain. Take 100 ml 3 times daily before meals.
Grind the stems of the plant, take 1 h. l. Pour 1 cup of hot water, leave overnight. Take 50 ml of the medication 4 times a day.
Grate a horseradish root about 2 tbsp. l. 1 cup of homemade cow milk to bring to a boil, add the original ingredient, mix thoroughly. Take small amounts during the day preferably before eating.
Honey and currants
It will take 1 kg of honey and the same number of berries of black currant, which should be ground to the consistency of gruel. Mix the ingredients well. Drink before each meal. Continue such treatment until the end of the medication.
These methods can help with mild disease. More serious cases can cure only medicines.
It is important to know!Before using such medications, you should consult a doctor so as not to harm your health! There is an opportunity to consider the option of taking prepared medicines with medications in a complex way.
The mild form of the disease is treated quite easily. As for the more severe and neglected forms, hepatitis can cause such complications:
- hepatic failure, which disrupts the normal performance of this body;
- defeat of the central nervous system, which leads to periodic convulsions, loss of consciousness;
- cirrhosis of the liver, which often leads to death.
Complications of the disease lead to very serious consequences. Therefore, it is very important to stop the destructive effect on the liver in time. Also, special attention should be given to preventive measures for the appearance of hepatitis.
Preventive measures are based on the causes of the appearance of toxic hepatitis. Therefore, the effects of poisonous substances on the body should be avoided. Do not forget that defeat can occur not only through the stomach, but also through the skin and through the lungs. The intake of medications should be limited to the amount that the doctor prescribed. A very doubtful action may have dietary supplements, their reception should also be agreed with the doctor. Restriction in the use of alcohol will protect against many diseases.