In acute cholecystitis, the body tries to remove from the gall bladder the destroyed cells and pathogens. This disease speaks about the immune reaction of the body. Evidence of infection of the gallbladder and the presence of stones in this organ.
- Symptoms of cholecystitis
- Causes of the disease
- Acute calculous
- Acute phlegmonous
- Sharp non-cumulus
- Complications of the disease
- Acute cholecystitis in children
- Pregnant women
- Home Treatment
- What folk remedies can be used to treat
- Salt with lemon juice
- Honey and lemon
- Diet in case of disease
Cholecystitis of the gallbladder: principles of diet How is cholecystitis manifested in women? How to treat cholecystitis in adults, symptoms of the disease How to treat an exacerbation of chronic cholecystitis? We treat chronic cholecystitis at home
Symptoms of cholecystitis
Symptoms of cholecystitis can resemble pancreatitis, appendicitis, cystitis or pyelonephritis. Men and children rarely get sick. The disease often affects middle-aged women. The acute stage of the disease is characterized by a strong and sharp attack of pain in the subcostal area on the right side. Discomfort can be felt in the collarbone or scapula.
Other manifestations of the disease include:
- belching, bloating, nausea and frequent vomiting;
- fever, chills;
- the patient has no appetite;
- a bright coating appears on the tongue, the mucous membranes of the mouth are parched;
- the pressure is high, the pulse is rapid.
Important!Vomit is a bitter colorless or dark green substance with a lot of bile.
Causes of the disease
The main cause of the development of acute forms of cholecystitis are bacterial infections. Blood flow can transfer into the gallbladder disease-causing organisms from any internal organ. Which provokes a strong inflammation.
Disturbances in the drainage system of the body lead to stagnation of bile. The destructive processes begin, foci arise inflammation in the walls of the gallbladder.
Excessive consumption of harmful food and alcohol, a deficiency of fiber in the diet - all this can provoke stagnation of bile and acute cholecystitis.
Female causes of the disease:
- sharp changes in body weight - diet, a constant desire to lose weight, overweight;
- pregnancy - any woman who was in an interesting situation at least once, falls into a risk group;
- oral contraceptives and prolonged estrogen therapy.
Diabetics and people with problems of the gastrointestinal tract are prone to discoloration of the biliary tract. Therefore, it should be regularly diagnosed for the detection of stones in the bile duct.
Important!On the pages of our site you can find out: which doctor heals cholecystitis.
Calculous is called a special form of cholecystitis, which is characterized by the presence of stones in the bladder and bile ducts. Acute cystic cholecystitis is considered to be the most common abdominal ailment. Often accompanied by complications and concomitant ailments.
There is a disease due to a penetrated infection and a violation of the outflow of bile. Also, the disease can be caused by atherosclerosis, changes in the vessels of the gallbladder, damage to the mucous membrane.
- The sharp form is characterized by a sharp pain, which increases with physical exertion.
- Vomiting is reflex, repeated, constant nausea.
- In acute form, the disease lasts several weeks. Then it goes into a chronic stage.
Phlegmonous form - a logical continuation of catarrhal cholecystitis. The inflammatory process begins in all layers of the bladder, pus is formed.
- The pain is intense, constant, intensified during breathing and changing the position of the body.
- All signs of intoxication are sharply expressed.
Important!With this type of disease, urgent surgical intervention is necessary.
A characteristic feature is the absence of stones in the biliary tract. The disease is only infectious. It differs in the nature of pain. The pain is constant, drawing, poorly expressed. It is accompanied by a burning sensation in the right hypochondrium.
Sometimes the pain syndrome manifests itself differently. Attacks of pain are short-lived and very intense.
Important!Any form of cholecystitis is accompanied by leukocytosis and elevated ESR. A clinical blood test is required.
Complications of the disease
The acute form can cause the following co-morbidities:
- strong inflammatory processes - in the cavity of the bubble pus accumulates in large quantities, the patient constantly fever, the pain is strong and constant;
- organ perforation - often accompanies acute calculous cholecystitis. Begins necrosis of the walls of the bladder, spikes are formed;
- abscess - suppuration occurs in the gallbladder and surrounding tissues;
- purulent peritonitis - pus breaks into the abdominal cavity;
- pancreatitis - inflammation from the bladder passes to the pancreas;
- jaundice - appears due to blockage of the bile duct and stagnation of bile. Blood raises bilirubin, the skin and mucous membranes acquire icteric color, there is a strong itching.
The extreme, but extremely rare stage of cholecystitis is gangrene.
Acute cholecystitis in children
The causative agents of cholecystitis in children are pathogenic microorganisms - cocci, E. coli, proteas. The disease develops against a background of giardiasis of bile ducts and helminthic invasion. Previously transferred angina, appendicitis, influenza, scarlet fever can provoke the appearance of acute cholecystitis.
Failure to comply with the diet, carbohydrate and fatty foods, deficit of vegetables negatively affects the health of the child. What also can lead to the occurrence of cholecystitis.
When the disease occurs, children complain of bitterness in the mouth, they lose their appetite, the stool becomes unstable. But the main sign is pain under the ribs on the right side, nausea and vomiting.
Antibiotics (penicillin, levomycetin, erythromycin) are used for treatment.
Acute cholecystitis is diagnosed in every third pregnant woman. Uterus, increasing in size, presses internal organs. Bile stagnation begins, stones are formed. Another cause is a bacterial infection that has got into the bile ducts.
Important!About the symptoms of cholecystitis in women, you can find out here.
Cholecystitis can appear in any trimester of pregnancy. Circumstances that provoke the appearance of the disease:
- poor appetite, overeating;
- lack of physical activity;
- weak immunity;
- foci of infection (dysbacteriosis, hepatitis);
- stress and depression.
A pregnant woman suffering from cholecystitis must adhere to the strictest diet. Also, the doctor prescribes the administration of choleretic preparations (xylitol, sorbitol). These drugs also help to avoid constipation.
Important!During pregnancy, cholecystitis may have a not very pronounced pain syndrome. Therefore, with the slightest discomfort on the right side, you need to see a doctor.
How to provide first aid for acute cholecystitis?
- To provide the patient peace of mind.
- Completely eliminate the intake of food.
- Apply cold to the area of the right hypochondrium.
- Call a doctor.
In addition to compliance with the diet and taking medication at home, you can do tjubazh.
To do this, it is necessary to slightly warm a glass of mineral water without gas, add 15 g of xylitol (sorbitol, magnesia). Lie on a warm hot water bottle on your right side. The duration of the procedure is 1,5-2 hours. To do tjubazh it is necessary in the morning on an empty stomach, time in 3 days. The course consists of 10 procedures.
With the approach of pain, you can take a coniferous non-hot bath. Stay in the water should not be more than a quarter of an hour.
Important!Do not forget to move more - this helps a normal outflow of bile. Jogging, slopes, bar exercises are indicated for cholecystitis.
Medical treatment necessarily includes the use of antibiotics. Antibiotics are prescribed from the group of cephalosporins (cefixime, ceftibutene) and fluoroquinolones (moxifloxacin).
Important!Reception of antibiotics can not stop the destructive process in the walls of the gallbladder. Since the acute form of cholecystitis blood supply to the body is violated. Therefore, it is necessary to diagnose the disease in time.
Other groups of medicinal preparations:
- antispasmodics - no-spa, papaverine (better in the form of candles);
- to stimulate the outflow of bile - hofitol, cholago;
- normalizing peristalsis - cerucal;
- enzymes - mezim, festal.
Important!Learn more about the treatment of cholecystitis in adults in our article.
What folk remedies can be used to treat
The intake of natural remedies helps prevent stagnation of bile in the bladder.
Salt with lemon juice
- Take 1 lemon, squeeze the juice.
- Add 15 g of large salt.
- Stir the ingredients with 1 liter of warm water.
The drink should be drunk before breakfast.
Important!It is interesting to learn: how to treat an exacerbation of chronic cholecystitis? Read here.
With calculous cholecystitis, it is necessary to drink 110 ml of pickled cabbage brine before each meal. Duration of treatment - 2 months.
Honey and lemon
- honey natural - 1 l;
- olive oil - 200 ml;
- lemon - 4 pcs.
Peel the lemons with a blender. Mix all the ingredients. Take 40 ml of medication three times a day for half an hour before meals.
Phytotherapy takes the first place among the traditional medicine.
The most effective herb is calendula - it is used in many medicinal preparations. To prepare the broth, 15 grams of grass should be poured into 210 ml of boiling water. The therapeutic drug must be drunk daily in 3 divided doses.
Important!On the treatment of chronic cholecystitis at home, you can find out in our article.
Similarly, you can prepare a medicine from a simpleton.
- seeds of dill - 15 g;
- mint leaves - 15 g;
- berries of hawthorn - 10 g;
- chamomile - 5 g.
Mix all components, pour 270 ml of water. Let the broth on the water bath for half an hour. Eat 65 ml twice a day.
Diet in case of disease
During the exacerbation the patient is shown hunger and drinking warm or curative mineral water. In the future, it is necessary to adhere to a fractional diet, arrange unloading days (milk, fruit, rice). Drink broth of dogrose before breakfast.
What you can eat:
- dried bread;
- light soups;
- lean meat and fish - it is better to boil them or bake them in one piece;
- vegetable fats;
- omelet egg yolks (raw or boiled soft-boiled);
- products with high content of magnesium salts - buckwheat groats, vegetables.
Important!More about the principles of diet for cholecystitis, can be found here.
What is not allowed - smoked and fatty foods, very cold food, sour berries, vegetables and fruits, beans, by-products. Completely eliminate alcohol.
Doctors knowingly devote so much time to proper nutrition. Healthy food allows you to avoid health problems and surgical intervention. Useful habits are much cheaper than any treatment.