Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is a disease characterized by inflammation of the intervertebral cartilaginous tissues. It is accompanied by uncomfortable sensations in the neck. But the greatest trouble is headache with osteochondrosis of the cervical region.
- Symptoms of the disease
- Causes of pain in the head
- Treatment of headache with cervical osteochondrosis
- Headache during pregnancy
- Treatment of headache with folk remedies
- St. John's wort and dandelion
Headache in the temples: causes and treatment Causes and symptoms of cluster headaches: treatment What to do with headaches and nausea? How quickly to remove a headache without drugs? Causes and treatment of headaches in the nape of the head
Symptoms of the disease
The appearance of cervical osteochondrosis is usually accompanied by such ailments:
- Pain syndrome in the neck, occiput, forearm. It is localized even with a slight load on the upper limbs and sudden turns of the head.
- Numbness of the extremities, discomfort between the scapulae.
- Pain in the head, which is localized in the occipital part and eventually spreads to the temples.
- Vertigo with sharp turns of the head.
- General body fatigue, fatigue.
Some people develop problems with hearing and visual apparatus during the development of the disease.
Important to remember!With this disease is often localized pain in the heart area! Many confuse them with angina pectoris.
Causes of pain in the head
The most common reasons for these uncomfortable sensations can be:
- Dysfunction of the artery of the spine. It is accompanied by a burning pain of a burning and pulsating nature. There is a displacement of cervical vertebrae, a hernia of intervertebral tissues may appear. Anesthetics are poorly cope with the elimination of discomfort.
- Nerve endings in the cervical vertebrae. Discomfort is localized around the neck and gradually spreads to the temporal part and the crown. The pain can last almost a day.
- Nerve pincering in the occipital part. This is facilitated by the appearance of bone growths and the erasure of intervertebral discs. The pain is sharply manifested in the occiput, extending to the temples and the frontal part.
- Intracranial pressure. It is formed by squeezing the intervertebral vessels. The pain increases with sharp turns of the head.
These factors can provoke the activation of these reasons:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- Professional activity requiring constant presence at the table;
- spine trauma;
- excess weight;
- incorrect massage procedure of cervical department;
- a debilitating diet, as a result of which the normal metabolism is disturbed;
- night rest in an uncomfortable position.
Important to remember!You should lead an active and healthy lifestyle in order to avoid the development of osteochondrosis!
Treatment of headache with cervical osteochondrosis
How to relieve a headache with a disease? After all, it is impossible to cure it, because it is just a symptom. There is an opportunity only to reduce discomfort. To do this, it is necessary to carry out such complex measures:
- Taking medications. To relieve the pain, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and analgesics are used, the active ingredient of which is Diclofenac. You can also use vasodilating tablets, which have a beneficial effect on the blood circulation of the brain.
- Physiotherapy. Special exercises should be performed to strengthen the neck muscles and increase the motor activity of the neck.
- Physiotherapy. Various massages, electrophoresis, manual procedures, magnetotherapy, paraffin wrap are used. Carrying out these manipulations helps to eliminate headaches.
Also, the warming ointment can remove the headache. The action is to increase the flow of blood in the neck, so that discomfort is eliminated. You can use such ointments: Finalgon, Apizarthron, Diclofenac, as well as preparations with a similar composition. They can be purchased at any pharmacy.
Important to remember!These complex measures do not treat osteochondrosis, but only eliminate the symptom! To influence the disease, you should consult a specialist who will prescribe an effective complex of treatment for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
Headache during pregnancy
Often women during pregnancy suffer from osteochondrosis, which causes aching headaches. This category of women is very difficult to find a way to eliminate this unpleasant symptom. After all, medications have many side effects that adversely affect the development of the fetus.
Treatment of osteochondrosis is necessary to postpone until the time of delivery. But to relieve headaches, it is better to choose a medicine for traditional medicine. And also adhere to such rules:
- self-massage of the head;
- frequent walks in the fresh air;
- sleep in a comfortable position.
Important to remember!Excessive physical activity negatively affects the course of osteochondrosis! Therefore, it is required to minimize overvoltage in the period of bearing of the child.
Treatment of headache with folk remedies
Cervical osteochondrosis and headaches are interrelated ailments. In order to eliminate pain, one can refer to the prescriptions of alternative medicine that can be prepared at home. The advantage of this effect is that all these drugs are based on natural ingredients. Therefore, do not cause side effects and significant contraindications.
To prepare the medicine, 1 tbsp. l. dried burdock, which should be filled with 1 glass of steep boiling water. Infuse for 30 minutes, then drain. With the help of cooked broth, you need to compress on the back of your neck. For greater efficiency, wrap a warm scarf and take a reclining position. The duration of the procedure should be 20 minutes. After a compress it is recommended to avoid excessive physical exertion.
It should be cleaned of lemon peel and peel. Apply to the affected temples and other places with a moist side of citrus. Hold for about 3 minutes. The pain will gradually begin to subside. The procedure can be repeated after 1 hour for greater efficiency. If the skin is irritated, it is enough to treat them with face cream or any baby cream.
It will take 5 grams of grated celery root, which should be poured 1 liter of purified water. Infuse 8 hours, strain and take 1 tbsp. l. before eating. Instead of the root, you can use the seeds of celery.
St. John's wort and dandelion
In order to relieve the headache and discomfort in the neck area, you can use this compress. It will require St. John's wort and dandelion roots in the same proportions. Mix them and 1 tbsp. l. The resulting mixture pour 1 glass of water, put on fire and cook for about 5 minutes. After the time has passed, drain. Wet off a small piece of gauze in a prepared broth and attach it to a sore spot. This compress should be left overnight. This is an excellent remedy for headache and osteochondrosis.
It should take 1 g of this spice, pour 20 ml of hot water. Insist 30 minutes. At the end of time, rub the mixture into the temples region with massage movements. For greater effectiveness, this medicine can be taken orally every 1 hour.
It will take 20 g of valerian roots, which should be filled with 1 glass of boiling water. Put in a water bath and heat for 15 minutes. Strain and boil until the liquid is reduced by 2 times. The drug should be taken 50 ml 3 times a day before meals.
Regardless of which remedy is chosen, you should consult an expert. Most often doctors offer medicines of traditional medicine as an auxiliary effect on the body in case of illness.
To avoid the pain associated with pain during osteochondrosis, preventive measures should be taken against the possible occurrence of osteochondrosis, namely:
- The correct organization of the workplace. If the professional activity is associated with a constant sitting at the table, then you should take care of the height of the table and chair, the distance of the monitor from the eyes and stuff.
- Healthy sleep. The base of the bed should be firm, it is better to purchase an orthopedic mattress, choose a small pillow.
- Proper nutrition. Promotes proper removal of salts from the body, and improves blood circulation.
- Active lifestyle.
The implementation of these measures helps to avoid osteochondrosis.