Bearberry is a small evergreen shrub, belongs to the Heather family.
In people, a plant, often called bear ears.
Bearberry is common in North America, Northern Europe, Siberia. It is found in the mountains of Central America.
- chemical composition
- healing capabilities plants
- Useful and therapeutic properties
- Application in
- folk medicine, a decoction
- alcohol tincture
- Infusion of leaves on the water
- Home Recipes
- Refinements and
- recommendations during pregnancy
- Contraindications and side effects
- Aschoose quality grass
Bear ears can grow in the harsh conditions of the arctic and subarctic climatic belt.
Bearberry blooms in spring, inflorescence of tender pink color.
In their place in the fall appear red berries, reminiscent of cranberries( useful properties and contraindications of leaves).
The leaves of the plant are small, oval, soft to the touch.
They contain useful components, therefore, bear ears are used in traditional and folk medicine.
The plant contains minerals, due to which the bearberry is used to treat and prevent various diseases.
The bearish ears include:
- flavonoids - substances that contribute to the destruction of microbes and bacteria,
- tannins - elements that strengthen the intestines.
They are indispensable for diarrhea disorders of the gastrointestinal tract,
- gallic acid is an antioxidant that stops aging and the formation of cancer cells,
- arbutin is an element that activates the formation and excretion of urine,
- ursulic acid is a drug with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties
- hydroquinone- a substance that whitens and rejuvenates the skin.
It is used in cosmetology.
And you know, in what cases is recommended hawthorn tincture, the benefit and harm of which are described in a useful article? Follow the link and read it to avoid mistakes.
How to do the typing of the gallbladder is written on this page.
Healing possibilities of the plant
Ordinary bearberry complex effects on the body. The plant has the following properties:
- relieving muscular tension.
Useful and healing properties
1. Bearberry is known for its ability to treat diseases of the genitourinary system.
Diuretic properties of bear's ears allow to excrete excess fluid from the body.
2. The plant has anti-inflammatory properties that relieve tension from the affected musculature.
3. The diarrhea ability of bearberry allows to remove puffiness.
This property favorably affects people with cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis.
Bearberry helps normalize kidney function.
Grass helps in the treatment of kidney folk remedies at home. Successfully applied for such diseases as: pyelonephritis, pyelocystitis, pyelitis.
4. Bear ears cope with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
They normalize the work of the intestines and stomach, help with gastritis, heartburn, peptic ulcer( about the medical diet is written here).
Gently eliminates constipation, being a laxative for the cleansing of the intestinal fast action, and colitis.
This is achieved thanks to astringent properties of bearberry.
5. The plant can be used externally.
The herb smooths wrinkles, softens and brightens the skin, removes inflammatory reactions.
In case of severe irritation of the skin, it is recommended to take a bath with the addition of broth of bearberry.
This helps fight sores and diathesis.
6. Infusion of bearberry favorably affects alcoholism( what to do with alcohol poisoning read on this page).
The drug contributes to the treatment of nervous disorders, sleep disorders.
7. The antiseptic power of the plant is so great that douchement with the broth of bear ears is prescribed to people suffering from gonorrhea, gardnerellez or thrush.
8. Bear ears help in the treatment of rheumatism, heart failure, and Basid's disease.
The plant is taken for tuberculosis, gout, conjunctivitis.
And do you know how to get rid of parasites in the body? People's ways from unwanted "lodgers" that cut people's lives, you learn by clicking on the link.
For medicinal properties of thyme creeping read here.
On the page: http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva / lekarstvennye-rasteniya / rozmarin.html it is written about essential oil of rosemary and its medicinal properties and contraindications.
Application in folk medicine
Toloknyanka is used in several forms. On its basis, a decoction, alcoholic tincture or infusion on water can be prepared.
Each species has its own advantages.
In the form of broths
For its preparation you need a tablespoon of dried herb and 250 milliliters of water.
Grind the leaves to the state of the powder, pour a glass of boiling water. Send the broth to a water bath, hold for 15 minutes.
Then the drug should be infused for 40 minutes. Strain the broth, add water until the original volume is obtained.
Take 30 minutes after eating. Dosage - 50 milliliters, 3 times a day.
Broth helps with treatment:
- of cystitis,
- of increased edema,
- problems with intestines( constipation or colitis),
- with diabetes( symptoms, food that can not be eaten), uterine bleeding.
The product can be used externally. It helps to tighten wounds, abrasions, treatment of dermatosis.
To prepare this product, you need to take a glass of vodka, add to it 40 grams of crushed leaves of bearberry.
Pour the tincture into a glass container and put it for 2 weeks in a dark place. After 14 days strain the resulting solution.
It is recommended to take the drug half an hour after a meal. Dosage - 15 drops, three times a day.
Tincture of alcohol helps with insomnia, problems with the nervous system, alcoholism. It is taken to relieve pain during rheumatism, gout( treatment with folk remedies at home), malignant neoplasms.
Infusion of leaves on water
Take a tablespoon of dry, chopped herbs, pour a glass of boiled water at room temperature. Insist 24 hours under normal conditions, then strain.
The mixture is suitable for 48 hours, store it in the refrigerator.
Take 30 minutes after eating. Dosage - 30 milliliters, three times a day.
Infusion helps cope with cystitis.
1. For problems with the nervous system , mix the bearberry leaves with the motherwort in the same parts.
Take two large spoons of the mixture, add 500 milliliters of water. Cook in a water bath until the remedy is reduced in volume by a third.
Strain the finished medicine, take 50 milliliters before meals, three times a day.
2. In case of problems with the intestine and stomach , it is necessary to grind a teaspoon of the fruit of the plant, pour a small amount of water, warm on the stove.
Then add two hundred milliliters of milk, bring to a boil. Insist 60 minutes, the remedy is taken internally.
3. For skin diseases , the following broth is recommended: pour 4 tablespoons of bearberry with boiled water, warm in a water bath for twenty minutes, but do not bring to a boil.
The product should be infused for 6 hours. It must be added to the bath.
4. For treatment of cystitis or urethritis, make alcoholic tincture of bearberry.
Take twenty drops, three times in knocking. Before taking this remedy, dilute with water.
5. For the treatment of gout , you should prepare the following broth: combine three tablespoons of bearberry with a half-liter of water.
Bring to a boil and protil the solution for fifteen minutes.
After cooling, strain the resulting solution.
Take two meals a day, during meals.
Treat this remedy until pains leave you.
To the affected area, a bandage moistened with this solution can be applied( hold for 15 minutes).
Refinements and recommendations
1. During the preparation of a medicinal product( tincture or decoction), you must strictly observe the proportions.
It is recommended to grind the leaves with a grinder, if this is not possible, then the size of the cut leaves should not exceed 5 millimeters.
2. Do not change the intake and dosage regimen when you are taking medication.
Deviations from the scheme can lead to an overabundance of bearberry in the body. This will cause vomiting, nausea and other unpleasant signs of poisoning.
3. When using bearberry to treat diseases of the genitourinary system, you need to follow a special diet.
Protein products should be excluded from the diet.
It's worth eating vegetable food.
Before drinking broth of bearberry, you need to drink a glass of soda solution( 1 teaspoon of soda for 250 milliliters of water).Due to this, the acidity of urine will be within the acceptable limits.
4. Before you start taking the bearberry it is worth to find out if you are allergic to this herb. Wet the cotton wool in the brochet of the bearberry, attach to the elbow fold.
If within half an hour there will be no allergic reactions( rash, redness, tearfulness), then you can start the treatment safely.
If you develop an allergy - stop treatment.
5. Before using a medicinal plant, consult a physician.
The plant helps fight all the problems of pregnant women - heartburn, insomnia, nervousness and swelling.
Despite these positive properties, the bearberry can not be used by women in the position.
The plant can cause a contraction of the smooth muscles of the uterus, which leads to spontaneous miscarriage or premature birth.
Contraindications and side effects
Bearberry is a medicinal product that has limitations in its use. The plant is contraindicated in the following situations:
- lactation period,
- childhood( under 12 years),
- acute renal failure,
- can not be combined with alkaloids.
When an overdose appears nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, painful sensations. You can not take the bearberry more than one week.
How to choose quality grass
The leaves of the plant are sold in any pharmacy.
Usually, the quality of this product is confirmed by the necessary certificates.
Many people prefer to buy bearberry in the market.
In order to determine its quality, carry out the following experiment:
- prepare a highly concentrated solution, where there will be 1 part water and 50 parts of the plant;
- add a couple drops of copper sulphate.
If the bearberry leaves are of good quality, the mixture will turn red, then change it to a purple hue.
Bearberry belongs to the category of medicinal plants. It is rich in useful elements, contributes to the treatment of many diseases:
- of nervous disorders,
- diseases of the genitourinary system.
The plant can be taken as separate from other herbs, and in a medical collection.
How bearberry leaves look, from what diseases they help and how to prepare a decoction and infusion - you will find out everything by watching the video.