Marinated ginger has gained wide popularity in Russia due to the popularity of Japanese sushi, along with which it is served, although the first mention of the use of spices for more than five thousand years.
The Japanese are convinced that the use of a pickled product protects a person from dangerous microorganisms contained in raw fish, and also strengthens immunity, prolongs youth, tones up, raises spiritual and vital forces.
The birthplace of ginger is recognized as India, and its name comes from Sanskrit, which in Russian means "in the shape of a horn" for the peculiar shape of the root and its fortress. The plant itself, reaching one and a half meters in height, almost does not occur in the wild, and in the East it is cultivated on an industrial scale.
In addition to India, which gives half of the world's spice volume, the culture is grown in China, Indonesia, Australia, South America and West Africa. When creating suitable conditions, ginger is successfully grown in indoor and greenhouse conditions.
Than useful for women and men?
Useful qualities of ginger are due to its chemical composition. In addition to the fact that the pickled root is a dietary product that promotes metabolism improvement and contributes to weight loss, it has the following useful properties:
- Beneficial effect on the respiratory system, which is recommended for use by patients with chronic bronchitis and asthma, and also for preventionflu and colds.
- Strong antioxidant effect, due to which the regular reception of the pickled root prevents early aging of the body, prevents formation of oncology.
- Thanks to the content of potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and iron, it strengthens the heart muscle, maintains blood quality and normalizes the heart rhythm.
- Marinated form of ginger promotes increased secretion of gastric secretions and improves digestive processes. Helps to eliminate increased gassing, helminthic invasions and poisoning.
- Bactericidal action and strengthening of immunity. The use of ginger is especially useful in the off-season and the period of colds.
- The product has analgesic properties, namely, it reduces headache. Its active components increase the flow of oxygen, allowing cells, including the brain, to fully breathe, which increases the working capacity of the entire body.
- The essential oils contained in the composition have a positive effect on the nervous system, promoting relaxation and calming after the stresses, resulting in a marked increase in tone and self-confidence.
- Ginger in a marinated form moderately dilutes the blood, being a prevention of thrombophlebitis and thrombosis, and also retains the strength and elasticity of the vessels.
- In men, it increases potency, and helps to eliminate problems associated with the sexual organs.
- In women, it relieves pain during menstruation, normalizes the functioning of the sexual organs, rejuvenates and increases the elasticity of the skin.
Nutritional value and calorific value
Spice is prepared by pickling fresh thinly cut product in a solution of vinegar with sugar, which slightly changes its nutritional balance. In 100 g of the product contains:
- Proteins - 0.2 g;
- Carbohydrates - 12.5 g;
- Fat - 0.3 g;
- Dietary Fibers - 5.9 g;
- Water - 40 g.
The caloric content of the marinated root is 51 kcal.
Is there any harm or contraindication?
Marinated ginger root is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Like any pickled product, ginger can not be consumed by people with problems in the gastrointestinal tract. The presence of vinegar in it negatively affects the liver, stomach and pancreas. Particularly harmful is the use of ginger in gallstones, since the properties of the product to stimulate the release of bile can cause acute attacks and exacerbation of the disease.
- The product is able to raise blood pressure, and is not recommended for use by people who have hypertension.
- On the last days of pregnancy and when breastfeeding.
As a spice, ginger should be consumed in moderation even by people who do not have special contraindications to its use. So, when eating a large amount of pickled root, you may experience heartburn, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting and an allergic reaction in the form of urticaria.
Useful properties and contraindications of goji berries. Application in folk medicine and slimming.
How to cure flatulence with the help of folk remedies? Read in this article.
Why is spinach useful for women?
produkty-pitaniya / shpinat.html
Methods of application in folk medicine
Thanks to its properties, ginger has been successfully used in folk medicine as a means to combat certain diseases and disorders, being a component in the preparation of many tools to help withthe following problems:
- For effective and safe weight loss ginger tea is used, which is prepared by brewing the grated water on a shallow float with boiling water. In the infusion, lemon juice is added. Tea not only reduces weight, but also speeds up metabolic processes.
- For the treatment of cold .It is prepared in enamel ware, in which 0,5 l is poured.water, put on fire, cardamom and cloves are added( 10 grains, crushed together), dry green tea and ginger( 0.5 tsp).The mixture is boiled for a minute and 0.5 l is added.milk, brought to a boil, add 1 tsp.tea Darjeeling and after boiling pour 0.5 tsp.rastolchennogo nutmeg. The mixture is cooked up to 2 minutes, insisted 5 minutes, filtered and drunk in the morning, adding to the tea.
- To relieve pain and spasms in the stomach and intestines ( do not use for ulcers and bleeding in the digestive tract!).Mix half a glass of natural yogurt with the same amount of boiled water.¼ tsp is added.ground nutmeg and ginger powder. After mixing, he drinks.
- For pain relief in the back muscles .A small amount of water is poured 2 tsp.ginger powder, 1 tsp.turmeric and ½ tsp.chili peppers. The resulting mixture is spread on a napkin and fixed on a sick part of the body for 15-20 minutes.
- With the boil for its rapid breakthrough ½ tsp. Ginger mixed in equal quantities with turmeric, add boiled water to the state of the paste and apply to the boil.
Marinated ginger has a specific perfume aroma, and some people do not like it. But those to whom he came, are able to fully appreciate his outstanding taste and healing qualities.
Regular use of the product helps to lose weight, fight cellulite, get rid of problems in the respiratory and cardiovascular system, and during the onset of influenza or seasonal colds is an excellent prevention of such diseases.