"Sore eyes with colds" - this is the most common complaint of patients in the period of respiratory diseases. This clinical manifestation is normal, because infectious ailments lead to intoxication of the body, which causes unpleasant sensations. However, it is important to understand the causes of the development of pathology and the ways of its treatment.
- Features of the structure of the eye
- Main clinical manifestations of pathology
- Why the eyes are aching for a cold - the main reasons
- Than to treat morbidity of eyes
- Effective folk remedies
- Infusion of lily of the valley
- Apple vinegar
We pull a speck from the eye of the house - useful tips We get rid of the pain in the eyes after welding - quickly and easily Why the eye hurts under the upper eyelid, it hurts to press - causes The causes of dark circles under the eyes of women, how to get rid Find out why your eyes hurt,
Features of the structure of the eye
The visual apparatus is rather complicated. In this small organ a lot of pain receptors, as well as nerve endings. This anatomical structure makes the eye very vulnerable to external environmental influences and pathological changes in the internal organs. This reaction of the eyeball is normal.
Pain in the eyes provokes a variety of disorders in the body. In addition to infectious diseases, such as influenza, ARVI, ARI, this unpleasant symptom causes irregularities in the lacrimal glands. Unpleasant sensations in the eyes provoke hypertension and other somatic disorders. Obviously, this problem is a symptom of more complex diseases in the body. It is important to contact the doctor in time to pinpoint the cause of the unpleasant clinical manifestations. Based on the findings, the specialist will select individual treatment.
Main clinical manifestations of pathology
The eye is an important organ that is responsible for the vision. Unfortunately, it is easy enough to injure him, since he is not sufficiently protected. The visual apparatus has a unique structure, it contains a lot of nerve endings. With small external injuries or internal diseases, the eyeball can become inflamed. This disorder causes discomfort.
In the period of infectious diseases, pain in the eyes occurs almost immediately and can last even after a cold. However, in addition to these unpleasant symptoms, the ailment is always accompanied by additional unpleasant symptoms:
- feeling of "sand";
- sore and watery eyes;
- hurt the eyes when moving;
- the eyelids swell;
- uncomfortable sensation in daylight;
- sensations of heat;
- Sometimes the eyes and forehead hurt;
- the muscles of the eyes involuntarily contract.
All these unpleasant sensations do not affect the further work of the visual apparatus. However, this pathology causes discomfort, and worsens the quality of life. It is possible to get rid of all these clinical manifestations, but it is important to start timely treatment.
Why the eyes are aching for a cold - the main reasons
Can my eyes hurt with colds? Here you can unequivocally answer that yes, they can! Infectious diseases always manifest themselves with pronounced symptoms, which cause unpleasant, painful sensations in the eyes. They include heat, weakness, headache, drowsiness and discomfort in the eyes. As a rule, all unpleasant symptoms disappear after a full recovery. However, with colds, without the temperature, the pain in the eyes may still persist for several days, until the effects of intoxication completely disappear. The main causes of pain in the visual apparatus are described below.
- Pathogenic microorganisms. During the cold, the eyes are sore, this is normal, as many viruses and bacteria enter the human body. They begin to multiply actively and allocate the products of vital activity. All these toxins begin to spread gradually throughout the body. Some of the harmful substances penetrate into the muscles, the visual apparatus is not an exception.
Important! During the period of respiratory diseases it is recommended to drink more liquid. Due to this, toxins are excreted from the body together with sweat and urine.
- Inflammatory process in the paranasal sinuses or sinusitis. This disease develops as a complication of SARS. With sinus in the sinuses accumulates purulent discharge, the pressure in them rises, which causes unpleasant, pressing pain in the surrounding tissues and organs, including in the eyes.
- Conjunctivitis. Often the complication of colds is inflammation of the eye and eyelids. As a rule, this disease is always accompanied by burning, swelling and photophobia.
- Headache. With a cold without fever and with its increase, pain in the head region always develops. It is she who can cause discomfort in the eyes.
In some cases, to eliminate the pain in the eyes, it is enough just to cure the respiratory disease. However, if this ailment caused complications (sinusitis, conjunctivitis), then it is necessary to turn to a specialist and start a qualitative treatment. After complex therapy after a few days, the patient will feel significant improvements.
Than to treat morbidity of eyes
As mentioned above, uncomfortable sensations in the eyes can arise for various reasons. Given this, it is important to remember that the treatment is also recommended in a variety of ways. However, there are basic rules that will help quickly and effectively restore the general condition of the patient and eliminate unpleasant symptoms.
As a rule, doctors always recommend observing such simple rules that will quickly eliminate the ailment and restore the general condition of a person:
- to monitor the drinking regime in order to withdraw the products of vital activity of pathogenic microorganisms;
- to comply with bed rest;
- use antipyretic drugs that knock down the temperature, eliminate headache and discomfort in the eyes (Fervex, Teraflu, Ibuprofen);
- if conjunctivitis has developed, it is important to visit an ophthalmologist. The specialist will select effective treatment and tell you what to do to get rid of conjunctivitis (Albucide, Tsipromed, Sulfacil sodium);
- a cold can provoke the formation of barley, this complication always proceeds painfully and requires medical treatment (Tetracycline ointment, Torbeks, Gentamycin, Ciprolet);
- the use of drugs on a natural basis, they will help to eliminate unpleasant symptoms and quickly restore health;
- with such a serious complication as sinusitis, an immediate appeal to the doctor is required (vasoconstrictor drops, Erythromycin, Ceftriaxone, herbal inhalation).
Important! When treating colds, do not self-medicate. It is necessary to consult a doctor so that a specialist can select a quality treatment. If it is chosen incorrectly, it can provoke serious complications that are difficult to treat.
Effective folk remedies
To the main drug treatment it is always important to add old "grandmother's" methods. All these recipes are time-tested, so complex therapy will allow you to quickly normalize the general state of health and eliminate unpleasant symptoms, including pain in the eyes.
Infusion of lily of the valley
To prepare a decoction, take 1 tbsp. a spoonful of dry leaves and lily of the valley flowers and pour them 250 ml of steep boiling water. The medicinal liquid is left for 30 minutes, so that it is well insisted. At the end of time, the infusion is filtered. It is well soaked cotton wool discs and put on your eyes for 15 minutes. Do lotions should be twice a day.
When painful and tearing eyes well helps apple cider vinegar. In 250 ml of warm boiled water should be diluted 1 h. spoon of vinegar. The resulting mixture should be drunk.
Gadgets on the basis of anti-inflammatory medicinal herbs. As a rule, such plants are suitable for treatment:
- St. John's wort;
To prepare a decoction, take 1 tbsp. spoon of dry raw material and pour 250 ml of steep boiling water. The mixture is left for an hour or is boiled in a water bath for 10-15 minutes. Give time to cool down properly. Then the medicine is filtered. In the healing liquid, it is necessary to soak the cotton discs well and apply them to the eyes for 15 minutes, repeat the procedure three times a day.