- Features of the diet
- Nutrition for IBS with flatulence
- Nutrition for IBS without meteorism
- Related videos
Irritable bowel syndrome( IBS) is considered a frequent pathology in modern clinical practice. This functional disorder, characteristic of young and middle age, manifested by impairment of peristalsis and deterioration of digestion of food, can be caused by a whole complex of causes. Among them - a variety of stresses, irregular eating, as well as some bowel diseases( colitis, enterocolitis, polyposis, dysbacteriosis, Crohn's disease).Abdominal pain associated with eating and having a spastic or colonic character, pronounced flatulence( bloating), often nausea, stool disorders( diarrhea or constipation) - all these symptoms of IBS greatly impair the general condition of the patient and reduce his ability to work. Therefore, it is very important, first of all, to determine the background status of the intestine, to diagnose its possible organic pathologies. If they are not present, then a functional disorder is established, which also requires complex therapy.
To treat irritable bowel syndrome, medicines with different mechanisms of action are used. These are the means that normalize the process of peristalsis( motility) and reduce gassing, as well as medications with a sedative effect that affect the emotional sphere of a person. Equally important is the therapeutic diet, consisting in a special mode of food intake and the choice of certain products of .Such a diet with IBS with flatulence is already 2-3 weeks after the start of its implementation can lead to an excellent result. And with its constant observance, the patient, who previously suffered from manifestations of intestinal disorders, will completely forget about unpleasant symptoms.
Abdominal pain by colic type is one of the symptoms of intestinal irritation
Features of the
diet In IBS, an individual approach plays a big role, that is, the nutrition for the patients will not be completely identical. This is determined by the form of the underlying diagnosis( type of colitis or enterocolitis, dysbacteriosis), as well as the presence or absence of organic changes in the small and large intestine. In addition, the diet is influenced by the severity of pathological symptoms of functional intestinal disorder. With intense colic and stool disorders, that is, during exacerbation of IBS, the food should be especially gentle and carefully designed. As soon as the severity of the pathology decreases, some "expansion" of the list of used products and methods of their processing is allowed.
The basis of the diet for IBS is a treatment table number 4, which is intended for patients with various pathologies of digestive organs. On the "sharpness" of irritable bowel syndrome, table No. 4b is used, the feature of which is the predominance of wiped and scraped dishes, especially gently affecting the stomach and intestines. When the patient recovers, when flatulence decreases, the pain syndrome is cut off and the normal stool is restored, table No. 4c is prescribed, which provides for the expansion of the diet and the use not only of the wiped dishes. A carefully selected menu will not only regulate the correct intestinal motility, but also positively affect the production of digestive enzymes and, consequently, the process of assimilation of nutrients.
Recommendations for nutrition depend on the type of IBS
It should be noted that with the established diagnosis of irritable bowel, the diet should be observed by patients constantly. This will mainly ensure the absence of exacerbations, the normal functioning of the digestive system, the excellent general condition of the person and his positive psycho-emotional mood.
In each case, the diet for irritable bowel syndrome with flatulence is developed individually, and the products causing the patient's peristalsis and food digestion must be identified and then ruled out. In some patients, the "starting point" is a violation of diet, for example, eating after a long starvation.
But in the medical diet for IBS, which takes place in various forms, there are general principles that can be expressed as follows:
- is preferable to 5-6 single meals with small volumes, but the main condition is the exclusion of long "hungry" periods;
- to reduce excess load on the digestive tract are limited or completely eliminated too fatty foods;
- in the processing of products using boiling, quenching, cooking "steamed";
- with a pronounced clinical picture of the dish is wiped through a sieve or smeared;
- during the abatement of pathological symptoms are resolved dishes in the form of small pieces;
- in most cases, products that enhance fermentation and peristalsis in the intestine( for example, legumes, raw fruits and vegetables, bakery, milk, carbonated drinks) are not allowed;
- products that affect the secretion of bile and gastric juice( radish, celery, turnip, radish) are not allowed;
- limited drinks with caffeine: strong tea and coffee;
- completely eliminates alcoholic beverages;
- daily amount of liquid - up to 2 liters.
It is important to clarify that the spasms of the mucous membranes of the digestive organs should not only be mechanical, that is, the dishes should be prepared in liquid form, in the form of puree or small pieces. It must also be thermal and chemical. Thermal shade concerns the temperature of the ready dishes, it is allowed within 40-60 degrees, that is, the patient should use warm soups and second dishes, drink not very hot tea and not too cold compote. With chemical care, attention is paid to excluding any sharp and spicy spices, as well as sauces, which are capable of enhancing peristalsis in the intestines and, consequently, diarrhea.
Acute spices, spices and spices
are excluded for chemical shaking of the intestine. But not in all patients, irritable bowel syndrome proceeds identically. There are forms of pathology, accompanied by increased peristalsis and diarrhea, and there are types of IBS with a delayed motor function, which leads to the development of constipation. Therefore, nutrition with IBS with flatulence( hypertonic form) or without it( hypotonic form) will also be different.
Nutrition in IBS with meteorism
This form of pathology requires a particularly careful "treatment" of the intestine. The food should soothingly act on it, slow the peristalsis, but, at the same time, do not allow stagnation of food masses and the development of constipation. Dishes should "supply" the body with enough protein, carbohydrates, fats, energy.
The main directions of this diet are as follows:
- "emphasis" on white cereals( rice, semolina), the exclusion of gray groats;
- only grated second courses or in the form of minced meat;
- the first dishes in the form of mucous broths or liquid mashed potatoes;
- use of products with "enveloping" and "tanning" effect( pears, blueberries, quinces, pomegranates, cranberries);
- exclusion of raw berries and fruits( only baking and boiling);
- can only "yesterday's" bread;
- exclusion of concentrated broths, baked pastries, whole milk, cream, fatty meat and fish, carbonated drinks;
- amount of liquid per day - up to 2 liters.
When raw flatulence, raw fruits must bake
. At a time when the patient suffers from severe abdominal pain, swelling and diarrhea, along with taking medications, he can be offered dishes that are of sufficient nutritional value and are quite diverse and tasty.
Here, for example, the following menu:
Breakfast 1 : semolina porridge, bread dried, tea;
Breakfast 2 : two baked apples;
Lunch : vegetable soup in the form of puree, boiled rice with stewed meat mince, bread, warm compote;
Snack : warm tea and dry biscuit biscuits;
Dinner : casserole from cottage cheese, berry jelly, fruit drink.
Breakfast 1 : an omelet made from two eggs, steamed, bread dried, tea;
Breakfast 2 : warm tea with 2-3 pieces of vanilla marshmallow;
Lunch : chicken soup with rice, vegetable casserole with minced meat, bread, compote;
Snack : two baked pears;
Dinner : mashed potatoes with a meat chop, bread, tea.
After several days of such a diet, acute manifestations of IBS are stopped. Then, with the permission of the attending physician, you can carefully enter into the diet and other dishes. For example, soups with pieces of meat and vegetables, goulash without spices, vegetable or meat stew.
Nutrition for IBS without flatulence
Pathological conditions with delayed peristalsis require intestinal stimulation. Therefore, the tactics in preparing the diet is almost the opposite of that in patients with flatulence.
Its main directions are as follows:
- preference is given to products rich in fiber( bread with bran and whole grain, dried fruits, nuts, all legumes, grains);
- exclusion of white cereals( semolina and rice);
- allowed such sweets as honey, dried apricots, prunes, jams, jams;
- raw sour berries and fruits( can be baked), in which there is a lot of fiber( apples, pears, bananas, plums, apricots, peaches);
- vegetables boiled( beets, carrots);
- allowed vegetables in a sausage form, all sour-milk products;
- for the stimulation of peristalsis should use cool dishes, especially soups( okroshka, beetroot) and drinks( cool juices, fruit juice, compote);
- second dishes should not be wiped, and small pieces, with the addition of vegetable oils, allowed boiled pasta;
- daily volume of liquid is 2 liters;
- with the permission of the attending physician - kvass or natural lemonades in small quantities.
In the hypotonic form of IBS, in order to normalize the functioning of the intestine, the acid-milk products
are allowed. As can be seen from this list of recommendations, nutrition in the hypotonic form of IBS is intended to "push" the intestine to work, accelerate the motor skills and the absorption of nutrients. Based on these recommendations and using a fairly large arsenal of allowed products, you can eat very diverse and fully, without suffering from a lack of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and trace elements.
Here is an example of the menu:
Breakfast 1 : oatmeal with milk and a spoon of berry jam, wheat toast, a glass of tea;
Breakfast 2 : fruit salad with yoghurt;
Lunch : cabbage soup with sauerkraut, boiled potatoes with meatballs, fresh cucumber slices, bread, a glass of cool berry juice;
Rogue : two pears;
Dinner : potato casserole with chicken forcemeat, bread, tea.
Breakfast 1 : boiled pasta with chopped boiled egg, a glass of tea;
Breakfast 2 : cottage cheese casserole with jam, tea;
Lunch : fish soup with potatoes, buckwheat with goulash, bread, compote;
Snack : bun with tea;
Dinner : cabbage rolls with sour cream, bread, tea.
Each form of irritable bowel syndrome requires an individual attitude to the patient. Incorrect nutrition, despite adequate drug therapy, can greatly worsen the outcome of treatment. Therefore, a patient diagnosed with IBS should strictly follow all medical recommendations, especially those related to a medical diet.