Pyelonephritis - an inflammatory disease of the kidneys, which is of an infectious nature, is affected by a bacterial infection. With this disease, during its treatment it is important to remove excess load from the kidneys, especially if it is complicated by other pathologies of the genitourinary system. Usually, many doctors prescribe a special diet for pyelonephritis, which helps faster and easier to achieve recovery.
- What products are banned
- What you can eat
- Sample menu
Symptoms and treatment of acute pyelonephritis Pyelonephritis in men - symptoms and treatment Which doctor treats pyelonephritis? Pyelonephritis in women - symptoms and treatment Signs and treatment of chronic pyelonephritis
With acute pyelonephritis, which has arisen for the first time, the right tolerated diet is extremely important, since there is a possibility of the transition of the disease into a chronic form. If you follow all the recommendations, the disease will pass quickly without a chronic stage.
If the pyelonephritis has already passed to the chronic stage, a constant therapeutic diet will help maintain a stable remission and prevent the development of exacerbations. People with a chronic form of the disease is extremely important to maintain proper nutrition constantly so that the acute stage does not return. However, it should be noted that this diet allows you to make the diet affordable and balanced, it does not harm the normal functioning of other organ systems.
Proper nutrition with pyelonephritis is usually called table 7, the most severe variant of a diet is usually prescribed in a hospital if the acute stage of the disease has to be treated there. This diet is designed to treat diseases of the excretory system.
Important!The feeding schedule for the inflammatory process may vary depending on the symptoms present and the concomitant pathologies developing simultaneously with pyelonephritis.
In pregnancy, this diet is also allowed, it does not affect the formation of a healthy fetus. It should be remembered that exacerbation of the disease during gestation can greatly adversely affect the health of the unborn child.
It is worth considering the basic principles of proper nutrition with pyelonephritis. They must necessarily follow to achieve full recovery and prevent the development of complications:
- Decrease in the amount of protein. This is done to reduce the burden on the kidneys, a large number of proteins in food affects it most. Carbohydrates and fats should be used in the usual amounts.
- With this diet, any type of cooking is allowed, including frying and baking. However, it is worth considering that during the exacerbation of these dishes are advised to limit.
- With severe swelling, you need to reduce the amount of fluid, it is enough to drink up to two liters a day. However, if there is no swelling, you should drink two or more liters per day.
- When the acute stage of the disease should be avoided salt, it is advised to completely eliminate it from the diet. Consumption of salt should also be limited in case of edema.
- Alcohol should be completely excluded from the diet. Alcoholic beverages affect the function of the kidneys quite strongly, therefore, when taking pyelonephritis, alcohol intake is unacceptable.
These are the basic rules of nutrition in pyelonephritis and urolithiasis, other pathologies of excretory system, when it is necessary to remove a high burden on the kidneys. Also it is worth considering that the less irritating foods in the diet, the easier it will be to go for treatment.
What products are banned
It is worth knowing that it is impossible with an inflammatory process in the kidneys. Always remember that you need to exclude products that contain proteins in large amounts. Usually try to avoid the following food:
- Rich soups from meat, mushrooms, fish. Also advise to avoid soups, cooked on legumes.
- Bread, various bakery products with salt content. In the period of exacerbation of bread products, you either have to completely abandon it, or find completely salt-free bread.
- Fatty varieties of fish. Also it is necessary to avoid salted and smoked fish, other salty canned food based on fish.
- Legumes and products based on them, because they contain a lot of protein. This includes products such as sorrel, radish, onion, radish. Also it is required to avoid various vegetable canned food and pickles. Also, mushrooms in any form should be completely ruled out.
- Cheese with a high fat content, hot cheeses, smoked cheese.
- Various spices, spicy seasonings, sauces and marinades with a high salt content and spicy spices.
- Strong tea and coffee should be avoided, since these products have an additional burden on the kidneys.
- Various confectionery products, almost all of them contain protein in large quantities. Also, you should avoid chocolate and fatty sour cream.
Lactic acid products are acceptable in small amounts, but you need to take them with the lowest fat content. It is also worth remembering the limitation of fluid with pronounced swelling.
Important!At an exacerbation the ration it is necessary to limit as much as possible, while the basic signs will not disappear.
What you can eat
Of the products allowed for pyelonephritis, you can make a full balanced diet. In general, this diet should include the following products in reasonable quantities:
- Low-fat varieties of meat, poultry and fish. Despite the fact that fried foods are acceptable, it is advised to boil and cook for a couple, stew and bake without salt and spices.
- From drinks advise to drink more green tea, various fruit drinks, compotes, herbal teas and decoctions.
- Low-fat soups, preferably on a vegetarian basis. Milk soup is also allowed. Meat, if desired, it is better to add to the prepared dish, pre-boiled or cooked on a steamed.
- The most preferred vegetables for this diet are pumpkin, potatoes, zucchini.
- Cereals should be avoided, but buckwheat and oatmeal are acceptable and useful for this disease.
- Bread is advised to eat without adding salt, fresh immediately is not recommended. They advise you to make bread out of bread, to dry it in the oven. Pancakes and pancakes are also allowed.
- With pyelonephritis, dairy products are allowed, if they are low-fat or low-fat.
- Fruits can be eaten in any quantity, they are useful in the inflammatory process of the kidneys.
Such a diet will have to be observed all life if pyelonephritis is chronic. It should be borne in mind that when exacerbations the diet should completely exclude salt, dairy products. With this disease you can drink coffee, but not strong, with exacerbations it must be completely ruled out.
To make it easier to compose your own nutrition plan, it is worthwhile to give an approximate menu plan for one day with pyelonephritis. Food may look like this, meals are not recommended at the same time:
- breakfast - buckwheat porridge, fresh cucumber, green tea;
- lunch - vegetarian borscht, boiled potatoes with chicken, steamed, mors;
- dinner - omelet, steamed, green or herbal tea.
Between meals, it is advisable to make small snacks, most of which is suitable for toasts and fresh fruit. Do not underestimate the importance of proper nutrition with pyelonephritis, it can significantly alleviate the condition.