Inflammation of the elbow joint is the most common problem in the human musculoskeletal system. The disease can mainly be associated with occupational activity, requiring a large number of constant movements in the tendons of the joint elbow bag, as well as with other causes.
Consider the causes, symptoms and treatment of ligament ligaments with inflammation of the joint.
VospElbow joint formation: symptoms, causes
To better understand how to effectively treat the elbow joint, and what is happening in it, you need to know something. The elbow joint consists of: three bones - the shoulder, elbow and ray.
The cavity of the elbow joint is limited to a capsule. Another term capsules is an articular bag, often found. Movement of the joint is possible due to tendons and ligaments, which act as a strengthening element.
All the bones of the joint cover the periosteum, which allows the body to adequately feed all bone tissue.
Inflammation in the area of ligaments and elbows can often start with cartilage. At this point, at an early stage, you need to start treatment. Otherwise, the inflammatory process will not stop only on the cartilage, but spread to the rest of the elbow joint.
In medicine, it is common to separate two types of inflammation of the elbow joint:
- Bursitis - inflammation develops inside the joint.
- Epicondylitis - the inflammatory process affects the outer shell of the joint.
It should be noted that when it comes to bursitis, the articular bag( capsule) is drawn into the inflammation process, which begins to produce fluid into the area of the affected joint. All this is accompanied by strong pain.
If we are talking about the development of epicondylitis, a painful condition affects the periosteum and tendons, and a part of the ligaments is tampered with.
Why the ulnar joint is inflamed, the elbow suffers.
. For each case of the onset of the inflammatory process, the causes can be quite unique and different. However, we can distinguish some features that are often inherent in the onset of inflammation of the elbow and tendons:
- The first place is the effect of on the professional activity of the patient. Inflammation begins after a long involvement of the elbow joint in certain actions, which are accompanied by high loads.
- Another reason - injury .As a rule, the elbow and tendons may suffer from bumps and bruises, dislocations, sprains.
- Too high load of on the elbow joint. Most often this reason is found in professional athletes, especially in weightlifters.
- Infectious agent .It is enough to start the infection so that the problem spreads further and touches the area of the elbow joint.
- Separately it is necessary to tell about such problem, as arthritis .The causes of arthritis of the elbow joint may be concealed in tuberculosis, measles, gonorrhea or in trauma.
The ulnar type of arthritis has three forms:
- Acute purulent arthritis develops against a background of sharp pain in the elbow area and an increase in body temperature. The treatment here is aimed at quickly removing the accumulation of pus from the joint cavity. Surgery is rarely used.
- Psoriatic arthritis ;
- Therapeutic arthritis .
Symptoms of the last two forms are not pronounced, which allows the problem to be undetected for a long time. You can pay attention to the appearance of light, but pulling pains in the elbow, plus there is stiffness in the movement of the arm after a long rest.
In psoriatic form, it is possible to observe external manifestations in the form of skin peeling and the formation of psoriatic plaques.
Inflammation of the elbow joint: symptoms
Symptoms of inflammation in cases of bursitis and epicondylitis.
With bursitis , the symptoms are as follows:
- Appearance of sharp, shooting pain in the elbow.
- Local redness on the elbow.
- Appears puffiness of the elbow and difficulty in the work of the tendons.
- Formation of a seal on the elbow, which remains movable when pressed.
However, we draw attention to the fact that with bursitis begins the production of fluid that penetrates into the joint bag, and as a result of this penetration there is a difficulty in the movements of the hand. Another symptom is muscle resistance when moving , the tendons do not work well.
Epicondylitis is characterized by bursitis-like symptoms, here inflammation of the elbow joint is represented by:
- Crispy sounds when moving by hand and elbow.
- The pain is present, but it is aching and can become worse with movement. In a state of rest, there is practically no pain. This is also an important diagnostic sign of epicondylitis.
- Swelling of the elbow joint.
In some cases, the individual characteristics of the patient's body can lead to nausea, weakness and complete malaise, to the development of headache and fever.
Inflammation of the elbow joint: treatment of the elbow
Before starting treatment, it will be necessary to accurately diagnose and differentiate inflammation from other diseases. Only knowing the true cause of the onset of inflammation, you can choose an appropriate treatment.
In principle, there is enough analysis:
- Blood test.
- X-ray of the elbow.
- Joint fluid analysis.
Medication treatment always complex .It consists of a complete rest for the elbow, this is one of the basic conditions. Further, anesthetics are prescribed for pain in the joints. As a rule, these are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
In rare cases, the doctor may resort to treatment with steroid injections in the damaged joint.
The treatment also includes physiotherapy:
- thermal therapy.
For the removal of edema and pain, you can use Orthofen , Movalis , Ibuprofen and many others.
Used in a complex and treatment with ointments and gels. Local treatment is performed by Fastum Gel , Reilif , used Dimexid .
In extreme cases, an operation can be indicated if the suppuration process goes far, and the drainage is ineffective.
There are options for treating inflammation with folk remedies, but non-traditional treatment should be considered solely as an additional measure that goes hand in hand with medical therapy.
How to treat the elbow joint at home with folk remedies
Do not forget that home remedies are only an addition to the main medical treatment under the supervision of a doctor.
- Drink decoction from potatoes in the morning on an empty stomach, then in the afternoon and before bedtime. It is also recommended to eat 1-2 potatoes - raw, finely chopped on a grater with a peel.
- In arthritis, polyarthritis, the Indian method of treatment gives good results: whole potato tubers are applied to diseased joints, and if the joints of the fingers are swollen, then the potato is handled like a ball, and at night put on a glove with a potato or tie a potato to the aching joint.
- Pour 20 g of barberry fruit 0,5 liters of boiling water, insist for 24 hours. Take during the day.
- Pour 20 g of dried leaves of cranberries 1 cup of boiling water, leave for 20 minutes. Take 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day.
- Pour 10 g of the leaf of the wintergreen with 1 glass of boiling water, leave for 30 minutes. Take 0.25 cup 3 times a day.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of dry chopped leaf and young shoots of Ledum rosemary with 2 glasses of boiling water, steam for 20-30 minutes. Drink 1 tablespoon 3 times a day.
- Pour 3-4 teaspoons of dry shredded leaf and young shoots of Ledum rosemary with 1 glass of boiling water, steaming for 20-30 minutes. Rub the diseased joints.
- Pour 10 g of dried chamomile flowers into a pharmacy 1 cup boiling water, infuse for 30 minutes. Take 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day. The same infusion can rub the sick joints.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of dry crushed herb St. John's wort perforated 1 cup of boiling water, insist 20-30 minutes. Take 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day. The same infusion can rub the sick joints.
- Pour 10 g of chopped herbaceous herb three times in a glass with 1 cup boiling water, infuse for 30-40 minutes. Take 1 tablespoon 4-5 times a day.
- Take in equal parts the leaf of the claw of European, the flowers of the arnica mountain, the flowers of the hawthorn prickly, the flowers and the leaf of the violet three-color, the bark of the buckthorn fragile, the grass of the horsetail of the field, the grass and the roots of the celandine large.1 tablespoon of the mixture to brew like tea in 1 cup of boiling water, drain. Drink in 3 divided doses during the day.
- Take in equal parts a leaf of a birch white, a sheet of a nettle dioecious, a grass of a violet three-color, a root of a parsley of a garden.1 tablespoon mixture pour 1 cup boiling water, boil in a water bath for 10 minutes, insist 30 minutes, drain. Drink 0.25-0.5 cup 3-4 times a day in a warm form with gout, rheumatoid arthritis.
Pain in the elbow, treatment - why does it hurt the elbow, how to treat pain in the elbow joint
Dr. Evdokimenko. Pain in the elbow joint - why does it hurt the elbow, the causes of pain in the elbows. Learn about the treatment of elbow joints. The most common diseases of elbows: epicondylitis, tennis player's elbow, bursitis, arthrosis of the elbow joint, arthritis.
What causes and how to treat bursitis
On the video channel of Sergei Rebogo. Dr. Myasnikov answers questions from viewers why bursitis appears in the elbow joint and how to treat it.
Pain in the elbow: epicondylitis of the elbow joint - elbow of the tennis player, treatment
Dr. Sperling. The doctor-neurologist MM Shperling( Novosibirsk) tells about the epicondylitis of the elbow joint. How to help yourself with pain in the elbow? We listen to the advice of a doctor. ..
Source of publication
- Video on the topic - Dr. Evdokimenko, Myasnikov, Shperling;
- Herbalist: golden recipes of folk medicine / Comp. A. Markov.- M.: Eksmo;The Forum, 2007. - 928 p.
- Editorial of the site article