The children's immune system is weakened, so the babies are more often sick. As a rule, ailments are more difficult and can leave consequences after themselves. One such complication is a child's sinusitis, symptoms and treatment will be described in detail in this article.
- Sinusitis - What is this disease?
- Causes of the disease
- The first signs of childhood sinusitis
- Types of child sinusitis: acute and chronic ailment
- Traditional medicine in treatment
- Prophylaxis of child sinusitis
Symptoms of sinusitis in adults and its treatment Sinusitis which doctor treats this disease? What is the difference between sinusitis and sinusitis? We treat sinusitis in adults in simple ways We treat sinusitis in adults in simple ways
Sinusitis - What is this disease?
Sinusitis is an inflammatory process in the paranasal sinuses. As a rule, the disease never arises on its own, it is a complication or a concomitant symptom of such diseases as the FLUE, ARD, measles, scarlet fever and other viral infections.
Obviously, sinusitis is a serious disease, but timely treatment, will quickly get rid of the ailment. The human body is created surprisingly, because air enters the lungs, it must pass through many labyrinths and partitions. The entire nasal cavity is covered with a mucous membrane. This structure of the nose helps to warm and purify the air. In the nose there are special sinuses that promote normal breathing. In addition, they effectively normalize the pressure between the cavities of the skull and the atmosphere, which contributes to the proper operation of the respiratory system.
If these sinuses become inflamed, then there is a disease like sinusitis. It appears because all sinuses are large. However, the anastomoses (which lead to the removal of the pathway), through which the sinuses open in the nasal cavity, are very thin about 3 mm. If the mucous membrane swells, then the anastomoses overlap, which disrupts the outflow of mucus from the sinuses, resulting in inflammation.
Causes of the disease
The causes of the inflammatory process in the nasal cavity in children are many. Among the main factors, doctors identify the following:
- not cured runny nose or infectious disease (ARVI, FLU);
- anatomical disturbance of the nasal septum;
- chronic rhinitis;
- Affected adenoids;
- often an ailment provokes the roots of the 4 extreme upper teeth.
Uneven child's organism is susceptible to various diseases that provoke infectious microbes. Sinusitis was no exception. Infection enters the nasal sinus, and the weak organism of the child can not destroy these harmful bacteria. This is due to weakened immunity, hypothermia or allergic reactions. As a result of this process, the nasal sinuses become swollen, which does not allow full purification of the air. Gradually they are filled with mucus, this environment becomes favorable for the development of pathogenic microbes. If the time does not transgress to treatment, then pus is formed, which is absorbed into the body and poisons it.
The first signs of childhood sinusitis
Precisely established diagnosis, allows for timely treatment. Correct therapy allows you to quickly and effectively restore the child's health. But in order to understand what kind of disease, it is necessary to know the main symptoms of it. If a child does not have a runny nose for 7 days, it is necessary to pay attention to such signs that accompany sinusitis:
- purulent discharge from the nose, breathing is difficult through the nasal cavity;
- alternately lays, then one, then the other side of the nose;
- dryness in the oral cavity is felt;
- the child regularly expectorates, the sutra departs phlegm;
- There is a pain in the throat, eyes, cheeks and cheeks, regular headaches;
- at the first time the temperature is 37 °, but if you do not start treatment, it rises to 39 °;
- general malaise, lethargy, loss of appetite;
- insomnia, irritability;
- the sense of smell stops, the eyelids and cheeks swell.
Often all these symptoms are written off by the parents to a common runny nose, hoping that it will soon pass. However, sinusitis only aggravates the situation, causing serious complications. If you do not start treatment in time, sinusitis becomes chronic.
Types of child sinusitis: acute and chronic ailment
Sinusitis appears due to a previously untreated disease. In the early stages of the disease is acute, with severe symptoms. The ailment can be accurately determined by the characteristics that were given above, they are usually brightly manifested. All of them testify that the virus was replaced by a bactericidal disease, which requires immediate treatment. For therapy I use a variety of medications, and the treatment period lasts long enough. However, in the early stages of sinusitis is always completely cured.
In the event that the disease was not treated at an early stage, it quickly develops into chronic sinusitis in children. Such a disease is very deceptive. It proceeds without pronounced symptoms, and during treatment it seems that the disease recedes, but it quickly returns. Chronic sinusitis is accompanied by such signs:
- then the temperature of the body decreases, then rises again;
- The nose lays only in a lying position;
- the pain in the head area simply gives way to weight and weakness.
Such symptoms suggest that sinusitis has acquired a chronic form. In the course of the disease, unpleasant signs of a disease, then intensify, then decrease.
Important!If parents do not promptly seek medical help, sinusitis causes serious complications that affect other organs. The development and normal functioning of the liver, lungs, heart and kidneys is disrupted.
Traditional medicine in treatment
The doctor will carefully examine the patient and prescribe to take tests, as well as undergo an examination (X-ray, diaphanoscopy, computed tomography). Based on the findings, the doctor will be able to establish an accurate diagnosis. All children's pediatricians, including Dr. Komarovsky, prescribe one effective treatment regimen:
- write out children's drops in the nose, which will narrow the blood vessels, and the mucus will independently come out of the sinuses. For treatment, use of galazoline, naphthysine, Sanorin;
- treatment supplemented with anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and antibacterial drugs.
In advanced versions in the nasal sinuses formed pus. The disease becomes known as purulent sinusitis. In this case, antibiotics are urgently added to the main treatment, which quickly and effectively alleviate the child's condition. Typically, doctors prescribe such drugs:
- Macrolides (syrup or tablets).
If timely therapy has not been carried out, by the age of 7 the child's pus accumulates in the maxillary sinuses. This form of ailment is the most severe and requires immediate surgical intervention. The accumulated mucus is removed by puncture, under local anesthesia. The procedure is carried out with a special vacuum device. Initially, a rinse is performed, which removes the pus from the nasal sinuses, and then the prescribed medication is administered. The procedure should be performed several times, until the sinuses are completely cleansed.
Before you add the "grandmother's" methods to the basic treatment, you need to consult a doctor. The doctor will recommend therapy with folk remedies, taking into account the state of the child. Among the most common methods of traditional medicine, it helps to restore health, such ways:
- inhalation with herbs is the safest and most effective method of treatment. For the procedure comes chamomile, sage and calendula. Herbs can be used together or separately. 1 tbsp. A spoonful of a dry mixture is poured with 250 mg of boiling water, brought to a boil and removed from the fire;
- Massage movements with ebonite disk. Clockwise, you need to quickly make a turn on the face. Duration of the procedure is about 15 minutes. For the whole night the disc can be put on the nose and forehead;
- visiting the bath;
- breathing exercises.
All these procedures are an excellent addition to the basic treatment of sinusitis.
Important!Treatment at home for chronic or acute sinusitis is prohibited. Therapy should be performed under the strict supervision of a specialist, otherwise incorrect treatment will only lead to a deterioration in health.
Prophylaxis of child sinusitis
It is always easier to follow the rules than to treat a serious illness later. Simple preventive measures will help protect the child from an unpleasant disease:
- avoid supercooling;
- if the child is sick, then immediately start treatment;
- strengthen immunity, with the help of special drugs;
- active lifestyle;
- sport and tempering;
- regularly monitor the oral cavity.
To date, sinusitis is a common ailment among preschool children. Children with weak immunity fall into the risk zone. It is important for parents to maintain the health of their child and then any infection can not seriously damage the immature organism.