The useful properties of celery stems have been known since ancient times. To date, the plant is widely used in cooking, cosmetology and folk medicine.
The curative effect of the vegetable is determined by a rich unique substances composition:
- Vitamin PP;
- amino acids - tyrosine, asparagine, carotene;
- vitamin C( up to 8% of the daily norm);
- vitamin E;
- nicotinic acid;
- vitamin B1;
- vitamin A( up to 10% of the daily norm);
- apiol, giving a salty taste to the vegetable;
- vitamin K;
- glutamic acid;
- vitamin B5;
- vitamin B2.
A unique combination of proteins, vitamins and minerals helps to maintain the human body in a normal state. How useful celery stalks are?
Why are celery stems useful?
The curative effect helps prevent and cure various diseases and pathologies:
- Has a positive effect on diseases of the digestive system.
- Helps with problems with the urinary tract.
- Promotes active removal of excess fluid from the body.
- Supports the prevention of cancer and slows the growth of tumors.
- Has a beneficial effect on the body of people with diabetes, reducing blood sugar.
- Helps reduce blood pressure.
- Positively affects the nervous system, preventing stress, eliminating stress and fatigue.
- Normalizes night's sleep.
- Improves concentration and memory.
- Promotes strengthening of the immune system due to the large amount of vitamin C in the composition.
The main useful properties of celery stalks:
- is a diuretic;
- is an anti-inflammatory;
- is an analgesic;
In addition, the components of the vegetable take an active part in the assimilation of protein in the human body.
Birch chaga mushroom: useful properties and contraindications for use.
What is the irca and how it is useful, find out by reading the article on the link.
Nutritional value and calorific value of
In 100 grams of stalks of celery contains only 18 kcal.
Thanks to the low caloric content, diuretic action and the ability to maintain a normal material exchange, dieticians have developed special techniques for weight loss.
Energy value of the product:
|Component||Content, in grams|
Application in cooking
In cooking, vegetable stems are used in the preparation of various dishes - salads, soups, garnishes for fish and meat, casseroles, desserts and drinks.
To make a delicious and healthy salad of celery, chop 300 grams of cabbage, place in a salad bowl and squeeze lightly to isolate the juice and soften.
Next 2 fresh cucumbers should be cut into circles, 1 small onion - semirings, 2 stalks of fresh celery - in any shape.1 large green apple is cleared from the core and cut into segments.
All the ingredients are added to the salad bowl to the cabbage, the dish is filled with olive oil, lemon juice and served on the table.
For toning and refreshing the skin, it is necessary to cut a small bundle of vegetable stems and pour 1 cup of boiled water, insist for 3 hours, wrapped in a warm cloth.
At the end, the infusion is carefully filtered and used for rubbing the face skin in the morning and in the evening. You can also freeze the composition and apply it in the form of ice cubes.
To rejuvenate the skin of the neckline and face the following mask with the celery stalk will help: you need to crush the vegetable stems thoroughly and mix 2 tablespoons of raw material with 150 grams of milk, put healing weight on a weak fire, boil for 1-2 minutes, cool to room temperatureand strain.
The received mask is recommended to be applied to the skin for 15 minutes, then rinse with cool water. The procedure should be repeated 1-2 times a week.
In folk medicine
Medicine does not deny the positive effect on people's health of folk recipes based on stalks of celery. But before using them, it is still recommended to consult a specialist for maximum safety, especially if there are various ailments in the history.
The most effective recipes from a natural component are:
- It is useful to chew stems in fresh form or drink small amounts of juice to combat fatigue and stress.
- To enhance immunity, it is recommended to mix the juice of nettle, celery, add honey and non-carbonated mineral water in an equal proportion. The drug is used in the morning before meals for 7 days.
- For slimming, you should take a few sips of vegetable juice 20 minutes before eating.
- To get rid of skin diseases, it is recommended to add crushed celery ingredients to the butter and apply the agent in the form of an ointment for the affected areas.
To achieve the maximum effect from the use of folk remedies based on stalks of celery, it is recommended that the dosage and intake rules be strictly observed.
Cowberry: useful properties and contraindications to the use of berries.
How to drink cinnamon with honey? On the beneficial properties of the drink and ways of using it, click on the link.
Useful properties of wild garlic, ways to prepare it for disease - http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva /lekarstva/ produkty-pitaniya / cheremsha.html
Choosing and storing
The best option for using celery - immediately after purchase.
If necessary, store for a few days a vegetable to choose celery should be approached with special attention:
- stems should be bright green;
- stalk surface - smooth, slightly glossy;
- from the vegetable must come off a pleasant smell;
- faded, soft stalk - a sign of a ripe or immature vegetable.
At home, after the purchase, place the celery stalks briefly in a container of cool water, cover with a packet or foil on top and refrigerate. In this form, the vegetable will remain fresh for up to 5-6 days.
Like any medicinal plant, celery has certain contraindications in use:
- Varicose veins.
- Breastfeeding period.
- Waiting period of the baby from 6 months of pregnancy.
Undesirable prolonged and excessive consumption of stalks of celery.
The stalk of celery has a positive effect on the beauty and health of a person, provided that the right vegetable is chosen, used and stored.
We also suggest you to watch an interesting video on the topic of the article: