Herniated spine is a disease that arises from the presence of osteochondrosis, other degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system. If you do not heal for a long time, as a result of the disease, the fibrous ring collapses and the disk is displaced with a displacement of the nucleus.
- How to approach treatment correctly
- Numbness of the leg with a herniated spine
- What is included in conservative treatment
- Massage as an important element of treatment
- Compulsory gymnastics
- Treatment of a hernia of a backbone on a method of Bubnovsky
- Traditional methods of treatment
- Treatment with caripazime
We treat a hernia of the lumbar spine Hernia Schmorl: Types, Symptoms, Causes and Treatment Inguinal hernia - types, symptoms, causes and treatment Which doctor prescribes treatment and diagnoses with a hernia? Symptoms and treatment of a stomach hernia
The cause of the formation of a hernia is a prolonged wrong position of the back, a violation of the diet or a constant impact on the spine of strong physical exertion. To treat this pathology can be conservative methods, and when they do not help, the doctor recommends surgery. In this material, we consider the treatment options for a spinal hernia in the home without surgery.
How to approach treatment correctly
Only a doctor can put an accurate diagnosis to the patient, because there are different types of disease. The patient should immediately understand that the treatment should be complex, under the strict supervision of a doctor. Hernia is a serious complication, which sometimes requires surgical intervention. Any therapy must be agreed with the doctor.
Interesting!In detail about what kind of doctor heals a hernia, read in our article.
Recently, more and more often doctors offer various ways of home treatment for a hernia. This does not mean the advantages of folk methods over traditional ones. Just do not need hospitalization: medications can be taken at home, to conduct massage courses, the necessary medical procedures.
What will help to cure the intervertebral hernia without surgery:
- A set of exercises and taking a number of medications. As a rule, such treatment is carried out in an acute period. The doctor at this stage sets the task of coping pain, rather than eliminating the primary cause of the disease. When normal motor activity returned, you can proceed to the second phase of treatment.
- Relapse prevention. The patient's condition improves, which means that it is necessary to fix a positive result. It is necessary to refuse heavy physical exertions, to carry out physiotherapeutic procedures, to pass a course of massage.
Numbness of the leg with a herniated spine
Conservative treatment includes a complex of drugs:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Movalis, Nimesil);
- muscle relaxants (Sirdalud);
- chondroprotectors (Don);
- drugs to improve blood supply (Actovegin, Latren).
Also, doctors use electrophoresis, magnetotherapy, mud therapy, massage and physiotherapy exercises.
What is included in conservative treatment
After the doctor performs an examination and makes an accurate diagnosis, he prescribes appropriate treatment. It is carried out not only by medicines, more often at home. All responsibility for the result rests with the person. It will be necessary to direct efforts to create a strengthened muscular corset: then the chances of curing without surgery are significantly increased. For this purpose, massage is prescribed, special gymnastic exercises are performed.
Massage as an important element of treatment
Since the intervertebral hernia is a dangerous disease, it should be treated in a comprehensive manner. To increase the chances of a cure without surgery, we recommend that you enroll in a massage course. It will help to give the back the right form and to acquire an additional support for the spine.
Once the pain appears again, you need to go through a massage again. This is an excellent therapy without surgery, which often helps to eliminate the main symptoms of the disease.
If every day to perform a set of elementary exercises at home, you can greatly ease your condition with intervertebral hernia. Exercises strengthen muscles, tendons, and the spine can be constantly in normal condition.
Important, so that there is no strong physical activity. At office work such gymnastics will be obligatory for treatment of an intervertebral hernia and preventive maintenance of exacerbations.
Treatment of a hernia of a backbone on a method of Bubnovsky
A huge number of exercises in kinesitherapy with intervertebral hernia. The main principle is not to harm your health. If you experience pain during exercise, you must end it. With degenerative processes helps such gymnastics:
- Stand on all fours, take a deep breath, bend your back like a cat. Then exhale and gradually bend (20 times).
- Lie on your back, stretch your arms, take a deep breath and lift the pelvis, so that your shoulders remain in contact with the floor, and on exhalation - lower the pelvis (20 times).
- Lie down on his back, put his hands under his head elbows to the ceiling, chin against his chest. Put your legs at right angles and connect your knees with your elbows (perform until the time comes easy fatigue).
Traditional methods of treatment
So we came to the question of how to treat a hernia of the spine. This is not self-medication, but movement together with the doctor in the right direction to recovery. Traditional medicine will not relieve this serious disease, but many recipes will help to remove the pain, inflammation, cope with the temperature.
What folk recipes will help:
- Kalanchoe. This home plant has amazing properties. It is necessary to break the leaf and remove the film from it. Attach a sheet to the location of the hernia, fix it with a patch and leave for 10-12 hours.
- Honey with fir oil. With fir oil, you can safely do a therapeutic massage, and then on the heated muscles rub an ointment based on natural honey, mummies and water.
- Horse fat. Eating horse fat is difficult, but it's an effective ingredient. Fat should be finely chopped and put on food film. Apply to a sore spot, bandage with a bandage. Wear a compress a few days.
Treatment with caripazime
A relatively new drug, which has recently been widely used in various industries. For the treatment of the spine, a special technique has been developed for Naidin V. P., thanks to this system:
- there is a softening of the connective tissue responsible for supporting functions (cartilaginous);
- Elimination of the nerve root is eliminated;
- intervertebral discs acquire strength, elasticity;
- regenerate damaged tissue.
The drug is contraindicated to use orally, in the form of injections, with skin inflammation, hernia sequestration. For use, it is necessary to prepare a solution (1 bottle for 10 ml of physiological solution, add 1 drop of Demixide). The electrode with the drug is applied to the neck and lower back. The course of treatment is 20-30 procedures.
Remember that for different types of formations treatment is different. Hernia is a serious pathology, and self-medication will not help you get well. Be sure to go to the doctor and all folk remedies, even to relieve pain, discuss additionally with a specialist.