Elevated hemoglobin in the blood is quite rare in women. But, nevertheless, in some cases this phenomenon occurs. How high hemoglobin appears in women, the causes and treatment of this ailment should be considered in more detail, since the increase in this indicator has its own characteristics.
- Causes of high hemoglobin in women
- Symptoms of increased hemoglobin
- Treatment of pathology
- Treatment with folk remedies
- Herbal Treatment
- Elevated hemoglobin in pregnancy
- Consequences of pathology
What is the norm of glycated hemoglobin - table Raising the level of hemoglobin at home - useful tips How to increase hemoglobin in the blood with the help of products Causes and symptoms of low hemoglobin in pregnancy What is the norm of hemoglobin in children - see the table by age
Causes of high hemoglobin in women
The increase of this indicator usually indicates the development of certain pathologies in the body. Most often these are:
- violation of the cardiovascular system;
- bronchial asthma and other diseases of the respiratory system;
- disturbance of the bone marrow;
- the presence of malignant tumors in the body;
- liver disease;
- infectious diseases.
Also, some of the irritating factors can increase hemoglobin in women, namely:
- excessive long physical exertion;
- loss of fluid, usually this occurs in the warm season or in areas with hot climates;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, they are usually accompanied by frequent vomiting and loose stool, which leads to dehydration of the body;
- excessive use of diuretics.
In these cases, a gradual increase in hemoglobin is observed, which is accompanied by unpleasant symptoms.
Important to remember! You should regularly take a blood test for hemoglobin, especially if you have the above diseases! This will help in a timely manner to affect this indicator and improve the overall condition of the body.
Symptoms of increased hemoglobin
The change in the level of this indicator in the blood usually does not cause unpleasant sensations. But in some cases, or with excessive increase, a woman can feel such symptoms:
- change in the color of the skin;
- aches in the body;
- constant thirst;
- blood pressure jumps;
- sleep disturbance;
- causeless mood swings;
- Critical days have a longer duration, they are painful.
The above signs are similar to the symptoms of other diseases, so it is not always timely to detect high hemoglobin.
Treatment of pathology
What should I do if my blood test results are too high? This pathology should in no case be left without attention. Medicamentous treatment involves the use of such drugs:
They contribute to the dilution of thick blood. But without adherence to a special diet, a positive result is difficult to achieve. Therefore, you must follow certain rules of nutrition. Useful products with high hemoglobin are:
- low-fat fish;
- vegetables and fruits of green color;
- fermented milk products;
- chicken meat.
As for the categorically prohibited products, which increase the level of hemoglobin in the blood, then such are:
- vegetables and fruits of red color;
- dairy products with high fat content;
- carbonated drinks;
- alcoholic beverages.
Also such a harmful habit, like smoking, negatively affects the amount of hemoglobin in the blood. Therefore, it is better to get rid of it.
Important to remember! This pathology usually manifests itself in the development of certain diseases! But we should not forget that in addition to treating the underlying disease, it is also necessary to influence the reduction of hemoglobin.
Treatment with folk remedies
Alternative medicine offers many ways to reduce this indicator, which are tested not by one generation. Their advantage is the absence of side effects and contraindications.
This is one of the most effective and common ways to combat this pathology. To reduce hemoglobin, you need a small piece of mummy (it can be purchased at any pharmacy), which should be dissolved in 1 glass of purified water. Use the resulting solution should be 1 time per day, preferably before going to bed. The duration of such treatment should be about 2 weeks. During this period it is required to refrain from drinking alcohol and sleeping pills.
In women who regularly donate their blood for donation, an elevated indicator usually comes back to normal. Therefore, this procedure can benefit not only other people, but themselves.
At the present time, this method of influence is becoming more popular. Treatment with leeches positively affects the composition of the blood, because their saliva contains special enzymes that have beneficial effects on the blood.
It is important to know! Before applying a certain means of alternative medicine you need to coordinate it with your doctor! Modern specialists adequately relate to folk medicine, so the doctor will help you choose the most effective way of impact in each individual case.
This method of exposure also applies to traditional medicine. For many years, women have been using herbal medicines. The most effective means are:
- All ingredients must be taken in equal proportions: willow bark, fresh celandine grass, mistletoe, valerian root, lavender, rose hip. All components carefully mix, take 1 tbsp. l. of the mixture of herbs, pour 1 cup of boiling water. Leave to infuse for 3 hours. After the time, take a strained broth for 1 glass 3 times a day before eating.
- Mix 100 g of rose hips, 50 g of mistletoe and 50 g of chamomile. In 1 cup of boiling water add 1 hour. l. of the resulting mixture. Insist for 1 hour. After that, cook the decoction and strain and use 2 times a day for 1 glass.
- It will take a shepherd's bag, dandelion roots, field horsetail and mistletoe in equal quantities. All ingredients mix well. 1 tbsp. l. The resulting mixture should be filled with 1 glass of water, put on the fire for about 3 minutes. Then broth strain and take 1 glass 3 times a day after eating.
As for the dosage of these drugs, it is better to consult your doctor. Because the excessive use of such decoctions can reduce hemoglobin, rather than normalize.
Elevated hemoglobin in pregnancy
This pathology is common in pregnant women. The reasons why hemoglobin can increase:
- hereditary predisposition;
- kidney and cardiovascular disease;
- poor absorption of folic acid;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
A high index causes such symptoms in pregnant women:
- constant feeling of lack of sleep;
- decreased visual acuity;
- rapid fatigue;
- loss of appetite;
- change in the color of the skin;
- disruption of the genitourinary system.
How to reduce hemoglobin? To normalize this indicator you need to contact your doctor.
Important to remember! When you are pregnant, you should not choose the method of treatment yourself! Since many drugs and medicinal plants are contraindicated for future mothers.
Consequences of pathology
What is dangerous for high hemoglobin? A high figure in a woman who has a long period of time can lead to such consequences:
- dense blood can lead to blood clots and a heart attack;
- insufficient amount of nutrients in the body;
- increase in blood pressure.
The mood and general condition of a woman is constantly changing without reasons, which interferes with normal life activity. Therefore, it is better to introduce in the diet, useful for the normalization of hemoglobin food products and lead a healthy lifestyle.