Uterine fibroids are a fairly common disease in modern women. It is a benign neoplasm. One type of such pathology is the interstitial uterine myoma, which is characterized by the appearance of a tumor consisting of connective and muscle tissue cells. Disease of this form develops in women most often. Therefore, it should stop the attention.
- Causes of pathology
- Symptoms of interstitial uterine myoma
- Forms of pathology
- Diagnosis of pathology
- Interstitial uterine myoma and pregnancy
- Treatment of pathology without surgery
- Surgical treatment of pathology
- Treatment with folk remedies
Myoma of the uterus with menopause - symptoms and signs We treat myoma of the uterus at home with effective methods Symptoms of uterine myoma in pregnancy How to recognize myoma of the uterus At what size do uterine fibroids do the operation
Causes of pathology
The main cause of the appearance of interstitial uterine fibroids in women is a genetic predisposition to the disease. In addition, the neoplasm develops as a result of such factors:
- excess weight;
- disruption of the endocrine system;
- late or irregular sex life;
- damage to female organs;
- excessive physical exertion;
- psychological overstrain;
- repeated abortions;
- diseases of the genitourinary system of an infectious nature.
It is important to know!If a woman did not have a pregnancy before the age of 35, the probability of interstitial fibroid growth is significantly increased!
Symptoms of interstitial uterine myoma
If a woman in the body develops this pathology, then gradually she begins to observe such signs:
- abundant discharge during menstruation with large clots;
- painful sensations in the abdominal cavity;
- the allocation of blood from the vagina between menstruation.
Depending on the severity of the pathology, these types of pain are distinguished:
- if the uterine myoma is small, the woman has abdominal pain only during menstruation;
- interstitial myoma in the form of growth buds causes permanent aching pain in the abdominal cavity;
- nodes that are in the phase of decomposition, manifested in the form of increased body temperature and severe nausea, leading to vomiting.
The greatest danger is represented by growing nodes. After all, they can damage the healthy neighboring organs of a woman. The started stage of this pathology leads to infertility. Therefore, it is very important to begin timely treatment.
Forms of pathology
Depending on the degree of severity, these forms of interstitial myoma are distinguished:
- Interstitial myoma of the uterus with centripetal growth. It is a neoplasm on the surface of the mucous membrane of the female organ, which grows inside the uterus.
- Subsovero-interstitial myoma of the uterus. It is characterized by proliferation of nodes on the surface of the female organ under the abdominal cavity.
- Submucous interstitial myoma. The nodes are located in the inner mucosa of the uterus. Sprawl takes place inside.
- Multiple interstitial uterine myoma. In the female organ there are several nodes.
Important to remember!At the first ailments it is required to address for the help to the expert! After all, inattention to one's health leads to a significant increase in the growth, which can reach a size larger than the uterus itself.
Diagnosis of pathology
In order to identify this pathology, you need to contact a specialist who will conduct a detailed examination of the patient and identify the main complaints. Then he will send for such clinical studies:
- Ultrasound diagnosis of small pelvis. The most clearly allows you to detect benign neoplasms, even in the early stages of development.
- Hysteroscopy. Defines the uterine deformity and the presence of repeated changes in the nodes. This type of diagnosis is required to monitor the course of the pathology during the treatment period.
- Oncomarkers. The blood test should be taken in order to determine the malignant or benign nature of the tumor.
Based on the results of the studies, the doctor determines the diagnosis and selects the most effective treatment in each individual case.
Interstitial uterine myoma and pregnancy
It is almost impossible to conceive a child with this diagnosis. This is due to the compression of the fallopian tubes by the formed nodes, which prevent the sperm from entering the ovum.
If, however, the woman managed to get pregnant, then the presence of a benign tumor in the uterus can lead to miscarriage or premature birth. In this case, the pregnant woman has periodic bleeding. Therefore, during the planning period of the child, a woman needs to undergo a thorough examination. If an interstitial uterine myoma has been found after this, it is necessary to eliminate it before conception.
Treatment of pathology without surgery
The doctor prescribes a medicamental way of treatment on the basis of such factors:
- uterine myoma small;
- absence of pronounced symptoms;
- pre-climax period;
- Contraindications to surgical intervention.
Drug therapy with a benign neoplasm is a treatment with hormones. For this, such tablets are used: Yarina, Utrozhestan, Norcolut, Danazol, Zoladex, Decapeptil and others. They contribute to resorption of the tumor.
Ablation is another method of treating pathology without surgery. Its essence consists in removing the fibroid by means of an ultrasound beam. This method has many positive differences, namely:
- the least degree of injury;
- no need to use anesthesia;
- the possibility of getting pregnant in the future;
- absence of consequences and complications;
- a fast period of rehabilitation.
Important to remember!The method of exposure can only be selected by a specialist! Do not select medication yourself. This can lead to dangerous consequences.
Surgical treatment of pathology
For the treatment of interstitial fibroids, an operative route requires a number of indications, such as:
- large size of the neoplasm;
- heavy bleeding;
- a rapid increase in the tumor;
- swelling of the ovaries.
The most common and safe way to remove myomas surgically is laparoscopy. The essence of such an operation is to remove the tumor through a small incision on the abdominal wall.
The rehabilitation period is about 6 months. At this time, you should avoid physical exertion, weight lifting, and intimacy. After the time has elapsed, it is necessary to do a second examination, which should show the woman's full recovery.
Treatment with folk remedies
Alternative medicine offers treatment with leeches as one of the ways to influence the pathology. This method also eliminates the painful symptoms accompanying the disease. But it is better to use it as an additional treatment. After all, the leech tumor itself will not be eliminated. Their function in this case is to improve the circulation of the pelvic organs.
In addition to leeches, there are many recipes for treatment based on natural ingredients.
It will take 1 tbsp. l. dried marigold flowers, which should be filled with 1 glass of steep boiling water. Infuse the broth until it cools completely. Then moisten the cotton swab in the prepared liquid and insert it into the vagina. Keep about 2 hours 3 times a day. In addition to the decoction, you can prepare a syringe from calendula. To do this, you should buy a tincture of this plant in the pharmacy, 1 tbsp. l. dilute in 1 glass of purified water. Perform the douching procedure 2 times a day.
To prepare this medication you need 5 tbsp. l. finely chopped celandine leaves, pour 0.5 liters of vodka or alcohol, add 1 hour. l. liquid honey. Cap tightly with a lid and leave to infuse for 2 weeks, periodically shaking the medicine. After the time, take the ready tincture of 1 tbsp. l. 5 times a day.
It will take 1 bulb, which should be grinded with a blender or grated. Prepared gruel is inserted into the vagina with the tampon for 1 hour. The procedure should be repeated 2 times a day and for 10 days.
In addition to these prescriptions for administering the drug with a tampon, you can also use a decoction of chamomile, St. John's wort, sage, as well as crushed leaves of aloe or calanchoe.
Before using a certain traditional medicine, you need to consult a specialist. And also during the therapy to observe the regime of the day and other recommendations of the doctor.