Poor tolerance of low temperatures occurs no less than a reaction to the flowering of certain plants and trees. Allergy to cold photos below, manifests in many people. It especially becomes noticeable in the winter, provoking a tangible discomfort in the body.
- How allergies are manifested in low air temperatures
- Allergy to cold: photos
- Factors causing a negative reaction of skin receptors to cold in adults and children
- Treatment of cold allergy
- Useful recipes for the treatment of cold allergy symptoms
- Decoction of pine (spruce) cones
- Medical treatment against hives on the skin from cold
- Honey and cowberry leaves against itching
- Herbal emulsion from rashes on the face
Allergy to skin in adults: treatment with ointments Allergic reaction to sperm Allergic reaction to gluten Eye drops for allergies Allergic reaction to mandarins
How allergies are manifested in low air temperatures
Temperature changes, cold snap can provoke a negative reaction of skin receptors in some people, especially allergy sufferers. At this time in the body there is an increased production of histamine, which provokes the appearance of edema, itching, redness of the skin. And if before scientists could not tell whether the allergy is to the cold, now it is confirmed with certainty that it exists. The specialists determined how the low tolerance of low temperatures is expressed, in particular, in strong winds. The skin reaction to cold is the first thing you need to pay attention to.
Symptoms of cold allergy:
- rash on the skin in the form of small pimples, redness, rough plaques;
- puffiness, fever, weakness;
- runny nose, inflammation of the mucous membrane, which makes breathing more difficult;
- the swelling of the eyelids, the appearance of tearing, the eyes itch, there is an unpleasant thread.
On how the allergy manifests itself to a slight cold snap or frost, its diagnosis depends. Most often, the body's reaction appears on the face, open areas of the hands, on the legs. Acute cold allergies can cause redness throughout the body, the appearance of small pimples that resembles skin allergies. Most gets to the skin of the face and hands, frost and wind affect the eyes.
Important!In children, the body's response can be more pronounced. Allergy to low temperatures can cause a child a thick rash, similar to hives. The skin on the legs affects almost everything (legs, thighs and knees).
Particular attention should be given to the manifestations of cold allergy in the baby. At the age of one year, they are most vulnerable, because they are unable to explain that they feel uncomfortable when they are in the cold. Children can blush skin on their face, a rash appears on their cheeks. It happens that walks at low temperatures cause flu symptoms, headache. At first glance, allergy to cold can be confused with conjunctivitis (swelling of the eyes, scarring and redness with tearing), rhinitis caused by an allergen (runny nose, nasal congestion).
Allergy to cold: photos
Factors causing a negative reaction of skin receptors to cold in adults and children
Why does this type of allergy occur until the end is not clear. It has been proved that negative reaction of the organism to lower temperatures can occur in people, sensitive to any changes in the external environment.
The most common factors provoking the occurrence of cold allergies:
- Prolonged contact with cold water (bathing in a river, lake, sea, washing dishes, floors in the house).
- Change of weather (a sharp drop in air temperature with the appearance of wind). If you long to be in such conditions, you can provoke an allergy to cold in people prone to such a reaction of the body.
- Eating and drinking in a very cold way.
It is worth noting that such an allergy can cause antibiotic treatment for a long time. Another factor is illness that has arisen because of infections or due to infection by parasites. These include tuberculosis, helminthic invasion (ascariasis, giardiasis, or pinworms).
Note!People who lead a healthy lifestyle are tempered, and therefore have strong immunity, are not exposed to cold allergies.
An important factor that can provoke a negative reaction of the body to the temperature drop downwards is stress. It adversely affects the defenses of the body. People with weak immunity are the most susceptible to allergy to cold. There are also a number of diseases that can provoke poor tolerance of low temperatures:
- Postponed diseases in children (measles, rubella, mumps).
- Pathological changes in the thyroid gland. Diseases of oncological nature.
- Skin diseases: rashes of psoriasis, eczema.
- Diseases that are chronic: sinusitis, sinusitis, dysfunction of the intestine (dysbacteriosis).
The tendency to cold allergy may be in people who suffer from the body's reactions to poplar fluff or ragweed blossom, household chemicals and some food (food allergy). Also, cold intolerance can be transmitted to a person at a genetic level. It is worth noting that here the reaction arises more in the cold wind. In this case, the allergy will be manifested in the form of redness on the fingers, on the cheeks, and cause burning of the skin.
Treatment of cold allergy
If you know what the negative reaction of the body to low temperatures and windy weather looks like, you can understand how to treat it. Diagnosis and treatment is determined by a doctor, but complex therapy can be backed up with folk remedies.
The main pathogens of cold intolerance are frost and wind. In themselves they are not allergens. But their excessive influence on the cutaneous thermal receptors causes the release of histamine into the blood, as if there is an allergen in the body. Therefore, the treatment is based on taking antihistamines, and eliminating the symptoms of the so-called disease.
The main methods of fighting cold allergy:
- If possible, wear warm pantyhose, pants. On hands to put on mittens (it is warmer, than gloves).
- The face is recommended to protect with a cream of a fat consistency, which must be applied to the skin for 35-50 minutes before going out. Lips should also be treated with ointment or hygienic lipstick.
- In winter, it is better to take antihistamine drugs (Suprastin, Cetrin, Zirtek).
- Strengthening of immunity. If the manifestations of cold allergy are infrequent, then hardening is recommended.
Attention!Wiping and douchement to strengthen the body's defenses are contraindicated in children (the threat of provoking Quincke's edema, anaphylactic shock), as well as people with pronounced symptoms of cold intolerance.
Useful recipes for the treatment of cold allergy symptoms
Traditional medicine is rich in various ways to eliminate many ailments. Herbal decoctions and ointments at home not only help to remove negative manifestations, but also have a beneficial effect on the general condition of the body.
Decoction of pine (spruce) cones
In 0.5 liters of water boil 3-5 cones (crushed). Decoction to insist until cooling, and then drain. A ready-made remedy is recommended to rub the affected skin on the body (hands, face, legs). Herbal decoction eliminates the peeling of the epidermis, softens the skin.
Medical treatment against hives on the skin from cold
- crushed burdock root (1 tbsp. l.);
- flowers violet tricolor (1 tbsp. l.);
- leaves walnut (15 g).
Preparation: Mix all the ingredients well. Take 30 g of the prepared mixture, brew 250 ml of boiling water and insist for 45-60 minutes, then strain.
Treatment: take 1/3 of st. morning, lunch and before bedtime.
Note!Herbal decoction can be taken if there is no allergy to any of its components. Otherwise, the condition may worsen.
Honey and cowberry leaves against itching
Brew for 1 hour. l. dry leaves of cranberries in 1 tbsp. boiling water, add 15 ml of honey. Warm broth to drink at night. It will relieve the itching, ease the general condition from the manifestations of cold urticaria.
Herbal emulsion from rashes on the face
In the same proportions, about 15 grams, mix the ground burdock root, dry mint leaves. In the same doses pour celandine grass and florets of calendula. Mix everything. Pour 100 grams of the prepared mixture with olive oil to cover the grass well. After the liquid is infused for at least 24 hours, it must be boiled over low heat. Cool mixture to drain.
Herbal emulsion well helps with itching and strong skin peeling. It is recommended to apply it to affected areas before and after walking outdoors.
Treatment with folk methods should be an auxiliary tool in complex therapy, rather than replacing medication. Before using a recipe is recommended to consult with a specialist. This will help to avoid negative manifestations on the part of the body on the components of folk remedies.
Skin allergy to cold is a problem for many people. It is especially difficult for her to carry babies and older children. It is important to understand that precautions can be saved from the negative effects of low temperatures and wind. Therefore, it is necessary to warm, use creams or ointments of oily consistency, and also take antihistamines (in case of frequent manifestations of allergies).