Elevated blood sugar and diabetes are modern diseases that can develop in everyone. This is due to the wrong principles of nutrition, lack of exercise, love of sweet, fatty, refined food.
There is a short-term increase in sugar that occurs in certain situations, for example, under stress. There are many reasons for this problem, but this does not mean that a person has diabetes. What can contribute to this?
- Causes of increased sugar
- How to measure?
- Recipes of traditional medicine
- What is not recommended?
- Useful advice and prevention
Causes of increased sugar
- The reasons for which sugar rises are as follows:
- Dysfunction of the digestive system, especially the pancreas, for example, pancreatitis, tumors. And also pancreatic injuries caused by mechanical stress.
- Heredity. If someone has suffered from increased sugar in the family, then the probability of inheriting this condition is great.
- Situations that lead to severe stress, anxiety, worry.
- The prevalence in the diet of a large number of carbohydrates, especially simple, that are easily digested.
- Lack of physical activity, sedentary lifestyle, as well as intensive sports.
- Smoking and alcohol.
- Endocrine disorders in which various diseases develop, for example, diabetes mellitus.
- Taking medications, such as diuretics, contraceptives, various medications that include hormones.
- Liver diseases, for example, oncology, cirrhosis.
- For a while, sugar can increase in the following conditions: severe pain, seizure with epilepsy, angina, heart attack, brain injury, operation on the digestive organs.
The increase in sugar can be temporary, coming to normal after the cause is eliminated. If this condition continues for a long time, you should consult a doctor. To know the level of sugar, you need to regularly take tests.
Effective treatment of polycystic ovary folk remedies.
How to treat a bradycardia at home? Read in this article.
How to measure?
You can measure sugar both independently at home and in special laboratories. In order for the analysis to be correct and reliable in any measurement, several conditions must be observed:
- is best suited for analyzing blood from the finger;
- fingers should be massaged in case of blood circulation disorders;
- hands must be clean and must be dry. It is recommended to wash with warm water and soap;
- finger does not need to shrink when taking blood;
- on the eve of the analysis is not recommended for physical activity;
- to eat on the eve of the analysis is necessary as usual;
- it is important to exclude stress and excitement, and also to sleep and rest.
If there is a frequent increase in sugar, then here can help a special diet, as well as recipes of traditional medicine, which not only reduce sugar, but also favorably affect the work of internal organs.
Recipes for Traditional Medicine
- Mix juice of one lemon and raw egg .This mixture should be taken in the morning on an empty stomach 3 days. The three-day course can be repeated after 10 days.
- Take 10 clean laurel leaves , add a glass of boiling water and leave in a warm place for a day. The resulting infusion is consumed at ¼ cup for half an hour before meals. Take laurel tincture is necessary 2 weeks. The Bay leaf also has a beneficial effect on the pancreas.
- Very good lowers sugar such a spice as turmeric .A pinch of turmeric should be stirred in a glass of boiling water. Drink to drink in the morning and evening. You can add turmeric when preparing various dishes. This spice also cleanses the blood, normalizes digestion.
- It is necessary to prepare a decoction of from blueberry leaves, bean pods, grasses or oat seeds ( all components are taken in equal parts).One spoonful of the collection to insist in a glass of boiling water. Drink infusion recommended in the morning, lunch and evening in equal parts. All components can be brewed separately, but together they give the best result.
- Decoction and infusion of dried string bean pods .To prepare the infusion, a handful of pods should be brewed with a liter of boiling water and left in a warm place for the night. Received infusion take half a cup before meals. To prepare the broth, you need 4 tablespoons of beans to boil in 0, 5 liters of water over a slow fire for 20-30 minutes. The resulting broth should be insisted for an hour and filtered. Take also as an infusion.
- Infusion of equal parts of blueberries, nettle leaf and dandelion root .A handful of the collection should be brewed in a thermos and left overnight. The received infusion is sung during the day for half a cup.
- In a glass of kefir it is necessary to add about 50 g buckwheat , which must be ground beforehand. The mixture is left overnight and taken in the morning on an empty stomach. If you regularly use this mixture, then not only normalizes the sugar level, but also lower cholesterol, and strengthen the vessels.
- 2 tablespoons bark of aspen pour two glasses of water and cook over low heat for half an hour. Then you need to insist in a warm place or thermos for 2-3 hours. The resulting broth should be drunk a few minutes before eating. Such a decoction helps very quickly to lower the blood sugar level.
- Take in equal parts clover, St. John's Wort, bay leaf and birch buds .50 grams of collection pour a glass of boiling water and press for 3 hours. The intake of infusion should begin with a small amount( about a quarter cup 3 times a day).With a good tolerance, take half a cup 4 times daily before meals.
Rapidly reduce sugar, vegetable and berry juice , for example, potato, cabbage, raspberry, pear, Jerusalem artichoke, tomato. Of drinks a good result gives the use of chicory and green tea. From spices, in addition to turmeric, it is good to eat cinnamon and ginger.
In addition to treatment, it is necessary to adhere to the diet, as well as limit or completely abandon the products that promote sugar.
What is not recommended?
There are products that are not recommended to eat or eat in moderation with increased sugar:
- carbohydrates, which are quickly absorbed and rapidly increase the level of glucose. Such products include sugar, sweets, baked pastries and cakes, grapes, raisins, pork, mushrooms, bananas, pasta, potatoes. With the use of these products, a rapid jump in blood sugar occurs;
- alcohol should be completely ruled out;
- is an acute, fried, fatty and salty food that adversely affects the liver and pancreas;
To avoid jumps of sugar, and also to prevent its increase, it is necessary to observe some recommendations.
Useful properties and contraindications for chamomile, as well as recipes for delicious drinks and ways to treat this plant.
Can I drink potato juice with gastritis with high acidity? Learn from this article.
Is chamomile use permitted during pregnancy?http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva / lekarstvennye-rasteniya / romashka-pri-beremennosti.html
Useful advice and prevention
To prevent the increase of sugar, it is necessary:
- to carefully monitor the diet, to consume enough foods rich in fiber. In the daily diet should be enough fresh vegetables( except potatoes), you can additionally consume bran.
- engage in moderate physical activity every day, since muscle training helps to reduce the amount of glucose in the body. Such a load can be regular walking tours.
- to control your weight, especially if one of the relatives suffered from high sugar or was sick with diabetes.
With increased sugar it is recommended:
- to reduce the calorie content of the daily ration;
- to eat food in small portions, but often, so as not to provoke jumps of glucose;
- to exclude digestible carbohydrates, fatty and canned food;
- with excessive body weight must begin to fight with extra pounds. Even a slight decrease in weight will favorably affect the level of glucose in the body;
- food rich in carbohydrates, it is better to eat before lunch;
- use complex carbohydrates, as well as foods that contain a lot of fiber( vegetables, unsweetened fruits, grains and legumes);
- bread is best from whole-grain flour with the addition of bran;
- drink enough water;
- animal fats are best replaced with vegetable oils;
- regularly monitor the level of glucose, both at home and in the clinic.
Of course, the best way to prevent the disease, than to treat it. With increased sugar, it is necessary not only to be treated, but also to change the way of life, to give up harmful habits, to adhere to the principles of healthy nutrition.
Lifestyle changes have a positive effect on the level of sugar and human health better than the use of medicines. It is very important to monitor the level of sugar and turn to specialists in time.