Problems with the digestive system for people are frequent companions. They arise due to malnutrition, lack of a daily regimen, various kinds of diseases, viruses, infections. This phenomenon, like intestinal infection, is more common in children, but adults can not completely protect themselves from it. Unpleasant signs of the disease are diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, fever. Because of this, there is a strong dehydration of the body, and the process of severe intoxication, threatens a person with a lethal outcome. Adults and children of any age should adhere to a special diet for intestinal infection, which appoints a specialist, given the age characteristics and general condition of a person.
- Causes of intestinal infection, how to treat it
- Principles of a therapeutic diet - how to observe what is possible, what can not be done
- Diet No. 4 and 4B - how they differ
- What can I eat with an intestinal infection?
- Prohibited foods with infectious bowel disease
- General rules of adherence to diet
About the symptoms and treatment of rotovirus intestinal infection Prevention of intestinal infections Rotavirus intestinal infection incubation period: in adults and children Intestinal infection in adults - what antibiotics should be taken? We treat intestinal infection in a child quickly and easily
Causes of intestinal infection, how to treat it
Scientists managed to establish that 40 infectious factors and five viruses are capable of leading to this human disease. You can not get rid of a viral infection with antibiotics, but a special diet is shown for each type of disease manifestation. Adults and children suffer from this problem because they do not always follow the following rules:
- The thermal processing of meat or fish products should be done correctly, meat products should not store raw elements, at the time of their use by man;
- before eating fruits, vegetables should always be washed under running water;
- Before eating, you need to wash your hands - this is especially true for children;
- After contact with objects from the outside world and animals, hands should be washed.
Attention!When intestinal infection can not engage in self-medication, especially buying antibiotics. Unauthorized use of medical drugs of strong influence, leads to more serious problems.
To treat intestinal infection, in which the human condition is not too severe, the following methods are used:
- taking drugs that restore normal intestinal microflora;
- use of medicines intended to eliminate vomiting and diarrhea;
- use of solutions that help restore the water-salt balance in the body;
- a diet is prescribed for intestinal infection in children and adults, which in medical practice is designated by codes No. 4 and 4B.
If the patient's condition is severe, it is accompanied by fever, severe dehydration of the body, he needs hospitalization. After the patient enters the treatment statement, he is given a course of antibiotics, according to his age and condition. A number of these medications are used for intramuscular, intravenous administration, for children, antibiotics are used that have the form of capsules and tablets.
Principles of a therapeutic diet - how to observe what is possible, what can not be done
Intestinal infection deprives the human body, vital to it, moisture. To restore her balance, regain lost strength, get rid of unpleasant symptoms of the disease, a person for a while should completely change his menu.
This practice will help the patient to solve the following problems:
- completely remove the irritability of the digestive organs;
- to stop vomiting and diarrhea;
- to improve your well-being;
- get rid of the pathogen, update a healthy microflora.
Note!In the list of diet-forbidden foods are also dairy products. The patient should use only low-fat cottage cheese, which needs to be recycled and then in small quantities. If the patient is a breastfed, the amount of feeding should be reduced by 40% or replace the mother's milk with a mixture that has a low level of lactose.
Diet No. 4 and 4B - how they differ
Diet with intestinal infection in adults and toddlers of different ages will be built on the same principle, unless it is a question of babies who are breastfed. Doctors recommend their patients a diet number 4 in the following cases:
- at the initial or later stages of the progression of the problem;
- when the patient's condition is very complicated;
- When a patient needs to get his digestive system to calm down.
The purpose of this diet is that food consumed by a person can not irritate the walls of his intestines and at the same time remain nutritious. In this mode, an important role is played by the method of thermal processing of food, its temperature, when a person eats, consistency.
Diet № 4B is appointed when the patient managed to normalize his condition. It is aimed at bringing the person back to the normal rhythm of life, but gradually. At the first variant of a mode of the use of food, to the person it is impossible to use more than 1980 Kcal per day, and transition to the second level allows to apply 3 thousand. Kcal. Diet after intestinal infection is necessary in order that a person can return painlessly to his habitual diet.
What can I eat with an intestinal infection?
The list of products available for use during the course of the infectious disease is small. The sample patient menu should consist of the following products:
- manna and rice porridge welded on the water;
- sweetened black tea, fruit and berry jelly;
- crackers from white bread;
- light broths and mucous soups;
- dishes from low-fat meat and poultry;
- eggs cooked in the form of a steam omelet;
- low-fat cottage cheese.
All products must be steamed or boiled. Bring finished meals to a creamy consistency. How many days will this diet last, will show the patient's condition. If the doctor decides that there is a visible result, the patient will be able to switch to diet No. 4B.
Note!Mode of nutrition №4B is aimed at returning the patient to his usual rhythm of life. With her appointment, the patient needs to dilute the previously installed menu, baked and lightly fried foods. The number of meals is reduced to 4 times a day, and with diet number 4 is at least six.
Prohibited foods with infectious bowel disease
Diet in acute intestinal infection, as in the period of its more humane manifestation, is compiled on the same principle. The doctor determines for the patient a number of allowed and forbidden products. To the list of that it is impossible to use at disease of this type the following products concern:
- bread, sweet pastries, pastry;
- pearl barley, corn, barley, millet porridge;
- dairy products, except for low-fat cottage cheese;
- meat, smoked, fatty foods, fried;
- cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, garlic, onion, hot pepper;
- canned vegetables and fruits, juices, sauces;
- chocolate, sweets;
- carbonated and alcoholic drinks.
Doctors make a small exception here, saying that you can drink strong, black coffee in a small amount.
General rules of adherence to diet
Diet No. 4 is more stringent than No. 4B. how much to observe a diet of one and the second type to the patient the experienced expert will prompt. Both the adult and the children's diets should be fully coordinated with the doctor. To successfully get rid of the problem, the patient needs:
- during adherence to diet no. 4, eat no more than 40 grams of sugar and 10 grams of salt per day, the amount of carbohydrates is 250 g, fat 70 g, and proteins 100 g;
- diet number 4B has a little higher caloric value;
- It is necessary to eat clearly according to the regime, to eat food in the required quantity;
- bring ready meals to creamy condition;
- Do not use too hot or cold;
- Do not use products from the banned list, even in minimal doses.
Compliance with these simple rules will help quickly eliminate intestinal infection, renew healthy intestinal microflora. Diet is the main method of eliminating the problem, in rare, very neglected cases, the patient is credited with antibiotics.
Intestinal infections become especially dangerous with the advent of spring, on hot summer days. Compliance with the rules of personal hygiene and eating can help people avoid the possibility of infection, but no one is immune to the virus infection. To avoid all kinds of this unpleasant disease, a person should think about strengthening their immunity. a