Hiccups, out of all trouble, the first thing that makes you feel uncomfortable. It is sudden, unpredictable and very unpleasant. Therefore, we will consider folk remedies and ways how to get rid of hiccups quickly and at home. Hiccups "all ages are submissive" - from young children to adults and elderly people.
Why does the hiccup
So, the hiccup is an involuntary, rhythmically repeated strong and short sigh when closed or abruptly witha hardened glottis. Occurs as a result of convulsive contractions of the diaphragm.
The French studied the hiccups and they came to the conclusion that this trouble is not only in humans, but also in animals. It reminds us that the first ancestors of animals and man breathed gills, because between the hiccup and the gill respiration of modern amphibians there is some similarity.
In any person, the onset of hiccups occurs with sudden contractions of muscles that are designed to inhale air, and this is not necessary. The only animals that needed such a mechanism are double-digging fish and amphibians with gills that absorb air.
Causes of hiccups insufficiently studied
Scientists believe that the disclosure of this phenomenon lies in the nerve segments of the brain. Perhaps, people have preserved the nerve centers that regulate the movement of the gills. A hypothesis is also advanced that hiccup is associated with the natural instinct of sucking milk.
It can arise due to various circumstances: hypothermia, overeating, busting with alcohol. Doctors believe that these involuntary contractions in the muscles can be associated with the esophagus. When food is stuck and swallowing is disturbed, nerve spasms are provoked where the esophagus connects to the stomach. And the manifestations of ordinary hiccups are equivalent to a nervous tic.
It turns out that for uncontrolled spasms the diaphragmatic nerve responds, giving an impulse to excitation to the muscles of the diaphragm. When a hiccup is rare, you do not need to worry. But sometimes it indicates possible serious disorders and is symptoms and signs of disease.
Periodic, persistent hiccups are observed with renal failure, spinal cord diseases, mental agitation or myocardial infarction.
Often hiccups are directly associated with psychological problems. For example, under severe stress, unconscious hiccups may appear, which is compared with the transient paralysis of soldiers in the war.
How to quickly get rid of hiccups with home remedies
In medicine, the problem of hiccups is not well understood, therefore, there is no universal remedy. At the same time, there are ways to effectively solve this problem. Main : to stop spasms of the esophagus and diaphragm. This can be done by delaying breathing or distraction. As a rule, this is enough. If the hiccups appear constantly and her bouts of a protracted nature, it is better to consult a therapist, a gastroenterologist, to undergo ultrasound of the esophagus, in order to determine the cause of hiccough and the appointment of an adequate treatment.
10 ways to get rid of hiccups at home
Do you know how quicker and easier is it to cure a hiccup?
- Apply the reflex method: tap your finger on the root of the tongue as when to induce vomiting. Spasm of the esophagus removes the spasms of the diaphragm.
- A good and affordable product is ordinary tap water. Drink a glass of water in small sips. Pieces of food from the pharynx will be washed away, and their effect on the nerve passing through this place will be eliminated. Or: drink water, tilting your body and pushing the glass away from yourself.
- Swallow something bitter or very sour. For example, a spoon of diluted apple cider vinegar. When ingestion of an unusual food product, spasms may stop. Or take and put sugar on the tongue, then swallow it. Either dissolve 1 tablespoon of sugar in 2 tablespoons of beer and drink.
- 5 - 10 times take a deep breath, hold your breath for a while. Exhale the air in a paper bag and from it and inhale back. The high content of carbon dioxide in the inspired air helps to stop hiccough.
- Make a bet on money. It sounds strange, but it works reliably. When someone started hiccups, put the money on the table. With a hiccup person, make a bet that after 1 he will stop hiccupping. You will be surprised how quickly the hiccup will pass from him.
- Swing the press, squeeze off the floor, squat until the hiccough ceases completely. This is a physical method, which is effective, although not everyone can.
- Remember the American Charles Osborne from the Guinness Book of Records, thanks to a hiccup. His sudden hiccough began in 1922. After trying all that is available, he stopped hiccups only after 68 years, when he died.
- The advice of President Kennedy's personal physician: hold your tongue, open your mouth wider, pull the tongue and fix it in the extended state for up to 10 seconds.
- Put your hands behind your back, clasping them, with each other. Stretching the lock of your hands, drink quickly with sips of cold water from the mug, which is held in front of you. Hiccups quickly come to an end, because this position relaxes the diaphragm, and its frequent throats compress simultaneously.
- Unconventional method: tickling. Man, trying to hold back his laughter, also restrains breathing. The equilibrium is restored and the hiccup passes. Another way: scare the hiccup, but most importantly - do not overdo it, do not make it a stutterer.
How to quickly get rid of hiccups at home by GNNyegov
Dr. Heinrich Nikolayevich Itogov, author of a remarkable book devoted to treatment with folk remedies and official medicine "Official and traditional medicine. The most detailed encyclopaedia "for a quick disposal of hiccups at home provides us with a whole arsenal of simple home remedies for removing hiccups. In his book, he says that hiccups are a convulsive contraction of the muscles of the diaphragm, accompanied by a characteristic sound. Most often, hiccups are a symptom of any disease( stomach disease, intestines, nervous diseases).It is observed when poisoning, with a full stomach, with atony of the stomach and intestines.
In order to know how to treat and cure a hiccup at home, you can use the following tips, recipes and recommendations.
- When hiccup take a piece of sugar put under the tongue and slowly suck for 5-10 minutes.
- Take a few quick, strong breaths, then one slow exhalation.
- Drink a glass of cold water in small sips. If the ears are tightly plugged, the effect will be better.
- Strongly squeeze the area of the diaphragm with your hands.
- Place the mustard plaster below the sternum( "under the spoon").
- Oil from asparagus grass can be rubbed into the neck area, or drink 2-3 drops of water, or simply inhale the vapor when it is heated.
- Chemeritsa Lobelia. Drink 2-3 drops of the herbal tincture in a teaspoon of water.
In ancient medical institutions it is said that if "hiccups lead in sudden fear or fright - the hiccups stop."
- Consistently hold your breath three times.
- Pour 20 drops of valokurdin into a teaspoon, drink and drink a glass of warm water.
- Make twelve small continuous sips of cold water. In this case, water must be swallowed and not breathe.
- Bend your torso forward as much as possible, hand your hands behind your back and then with the help of another person who will hold the glass, drink water in small sips.
- Eating one teaspoon of regular sugar in a dry form, without drinking water, quickly stops hiccough.
- Apply a cold compress or ice slices to the throat.
- Take the deepest breath and, without exhaling, perform actions similar to inhalation.
- Raise your hands above your head and take deep breaths and exhalations.
- Warm up( if the cause is hypothermia): put on a dry warm clothes, drink a hot soft drink, etc.
- Hiccups - a spasm of the diaphragm. From the personal experience of the : if the diaphragm is maximally straightened, the hiccup passes( it is usually enough to inhale the maximum volume of air, then inhale a little more, then sit down and lean forward, wait about a minute( usually spasm occurs every 20-30 seconds if so endurea couple of spasms, then the hiccups pass.) If the hiccup is felt and with a deep breath, then the inspiration was not enough.
- Drink 100 ml of warm non-carbonated water with laurel cherry drops( 10 drops per 100 ml.)
- You can stop the hiccup by sniffingground black pepper to cause sneezing. There will be a sneeze reflex and "hack" the hiccup
Medical preparations and medications
If folk methods of getting rid of hiccups do not help, take 1 tablet of Anestezina .
In severe cases, the attack of hiccups is removed Aminazine ( 1-2 ml 2% solution intramuscularly)
The methods, advice, recommendations, prescriptions, medications, tablets and medications presented here to quickly rid the hiccups are equally effective. Be healthy.
Do not prescribe medication yourself without consulting your doctor! !!