Acute inflammation in the bladder is a cystitis, a common problem for many women. The disease is also called chronic. It appears quite often and later has relapses. In urology, this is the most common pathology of the bladder. Has chronic cystitis in women with symptoms, and treatment is prescribed based on them. Such a disease can cause a lot of inconvenience and significantly spoil the quality of life, so you should not run it.
- Variety of the disease, the main causes and symptoms
- Treatment of chronic cystitis and its complexity
- Folk remedies
- Infusion of millet in the treatment of cystitis
- Herbal decoctions for cystitis
- Healing baths
- In pregnancy
- Prevention of disease
What is dangerous cystitis with blood - treatment We treat quickly and effectively cystitis in the home Application of powder Monural for the treatment of cystitis - instruction Berries cranberries with cystitis - use and contraindications We treat cystitis in children at home in the shortest possible time
Variety of the disease, the main causes and symptoms
Chronic cystitis can occur in several forms. It happens to be latent, especially acute (persistent), and also it is possible to distinguish the syndrome of the bladder - this is an interstitial cystitis chronic. Each species has its own characteristics and can proceed in different ways.
It should be noted that the cause is mainly infectious infection. Often it is the bacterium that becomes a factor in the inflammatory processes in the bladder. There are many causative agents of this pathology, beginning with staphylococcus and ending with Candida fungus. In acute form, persistent infection begins, which can be of different strains and complexities.
If we consider the ailment from the side of morphological features, then it can be:
Such changes lead to horniness of the epithelium of the bladder, the formation of cysts in the mucosa, and the appearance of polyposis seals. With interstitial cystitis (non-infectious disease), there may be ulcerative processes in the organ or the appearance of seals (a kind of protein dystrophy). In this case, there may be a profuse hemorrhage in the affected tissues.
Among varieties there is also a chronic form of cervical cystitis, where the inflammatory process is localized mainly in the neck of the organ. Such a disease happens less often than other forms of it, but makes the life of patients unbearable. It is marked by uncontrolled urination, interferes with sexual activity, causes constant urge to go to the toilet, which are very painful.
The main causes of the disease:
- Stagnant processes in the pelvic area. This can be bad blood circulation, malfunctions in the circulation of lymph, poor supply of the genitourinary system with blood. It happens that such violations are caused by negative changes in the work of the kidneys, for example, pyelonephritis.
- Subcooling. Long stay in the cold has a negative effect on the functioning of the bladder. Such a state under the influence of acquired infections leads to focal inflammatory processes.
- Congenital characteristics and genetic predisposition to the disease. These include anatomical features: a small length of the channel of urination, the proximity of the urethra to the vagina and anus.
This condition is subject to a greater risk of getting disease-causing bacteria inside the organ. Therefore, it is important to constantly maintain immunity.
Note!Cystitis, depending on the cause, may be aseptic and infectious. From the development of other diseases, distinguish between primary and secondary. If there is pain, then it is an interstitial chronic cystitis.
Symptoms of inflammation in chronic form:
- frequent and painful urge to the toilet, a feeling of incomplete emptying;
- painful sensations when urinating, changing the color of urine (unclear excretion, it happens with blood);
- cramps in the abdomen, the appearance of temperature (signs of pyelonephritis).
If in time does not seek help, pathology can trigger kidney disease. Such complications cause inflammatory processes in the organs, which leads to serious pathologies.
Important!There are other forms of the disease: acute cystitis and hemorrhagic cystitis in women. About the symptoms and treatment of these species you can read in our articles.
Treatment of chronic cystitis and its complexity
Hearing this diagnosis, many are wondering whether it is possible to cure quickly cystitis at home. The disease is well influenced by special substances. Therefore, doctors prescribe complex therapy aimed at eliminating the causes of pathology. To know how to treat chronic cystitis, you must pass all the tests and undergo the necessary examination. This approach will successfully eliminate the unpleasant disease.
Important!Find out which doctor treats cystitis in our article.
If the pathology form is not started, preparations of the nitrofuran series are prescribed. These are antibacterial agents that are aimed at eliminating the inflammatory process and its focus.
- Among them, the most effective are: furazidine, nitrofurantoin.
- With a pronounced pain syndrome, antispasmodics are prescribed (No-shpa, Baralgin).
- With an exacerbation of chronic cystitis, stronger antibiotics are used.
- Monoral (Fosfomycin) has good efficacy, which has bactericidal action and relieves inflammation. It does not harm during pregnancy and lactation.
Basically, antibacterial therapy is used for quite a long time, since it is impossible to cure the disease in a short time.
Important!Treatment with antibiotics can have a side effect on the heart, nervous system and digestive organs. Perhaps the appearance of allergic reactions in the body.
During treatment of cystitis at home, a strict diet is prescribed, which is aimed at cleansing the body.
Basic principles of the diet:
- It is necessary to refuse sharp and salty dishes, alcohol and excessive smoking.
- It is necessary to use more liquid. Morse from cranberries is recommended. In a day you need to drink about 2 liters.
- The use of food plants, vegetables, fruits, which have a beneficial effect on the genitourinary system. This - carrots in its raw form, parsley, celery, dill. Good help cranberries, broths of wild rose, watermelon, birch juice.
Traditional medicine remains an irreplaceable assistant. Here there are herbal infusions that contribute to urinating, useful baths from medicinal plants, they reduce pain.
Infusion of millet in the treatment of cystitis
Pour a third of the glass of millet with water (3 cups), pre-rinse. The mixture should be infused in a dark place for about a day, after which it must be mixed and filtered. The resulting infusion is taken before each meal. Soon the pain will pass away, and complete relief from the disease comes in a few days.
Herbal decoctions for cystitis
- It is necessary to take camomile flowers, cranberry leaves and St. John's wort in the same proportions, mix everything.
- Approximately 2 tablespoons of this collection should be filled with water (0.5 liters of boiling water), and insist in a thermos one night.
- Reception of this drink is carried out several times a day. The duration of treatment lasts from one to two months.
- You can take breaks in 2 weeks, and brew another collection.
Equal proportions of juniper, birch leaves and bearberry are combined with a small amount of field horsetail. The broth is prepared in the same way as in the previous recipe. Doses of reception are also the same.
It should be remembered that for such procedures it is necessary to select plants that have an antimicrobial and anesthetic effect. These include: calendula, chamomile, St. John's wort, aspen. Cooking is very simple. It is enough to filter one liter of the herbal extract into the bathroom. The water should be warm enough, a little hot.
If we talk about secondary chronic cystitis, then there is a major disease that provoked inflammation in the organ. It is necessary to establish the cause of this condition, and then solve the problem with treatment.
Note!If the disease does not respond to traditional treatment, and conservative drugs do not help, surgical intervention is recommended. This happens with sclerosis of the neck of the organ, interstitial cystitis (if there is a wrinkling of the bladder), as well as with stenosis of the urethra.
In most cases, conservative treatment is sufficient, and complications may not occur. Much depends on the neglect of the disease and its course in the woman's body. To know how to get rid of the disease, it is enough to follow the doctor's recommendations.
If we talk about chronic cystitis during pregnancy, then everything is a little more complicated. Since in the period of bearing a fetus there is an exacerbation of pathology. This is due to the fact that the hormonal background and the microflora of the vagina undergo changes, immunity decreases. Such processes inevitably lead to the development of cystitis. In the event that the ailment is ignored, it can cause dangerous complications, up to difficult and premature births. Infection can provoke inflammatory processes in the kidneys.
Treatment of the disease during pregnancy is problematic enough. Many mothers worry about how to get rid of cystitis, and do not harm the future child. In such cases, there is a special treatment - the introduction of the drug directly into the bladder. This method is able to eliminate some unpleasant symptoms in a few ways, and then restore the affected bladder. With this therapy, taking other drugs is excluded, which means it is impossible to harm a child.
Important!To cure cystitis forever during pregnancy is impossible, but to remove its symptoms during the period of gestation, and to stop the disease is quite real. The main thing is no self-treatment and strict compliance with the doctor's instructions.
Prevention of disease
To prevent recurrences of a dangerous ailment, there are several methods for preventing them. If you follow the methods of prevention, you can forget about the illness for a long time or permanently delete it from your life.
There is a preventive maintenance of a cystitis which does not include medicines:
- personal hygiene, the exclusion of tight trousers and underwear;
- avoid overflow of the bladder, drink plenty of fluids (up to 1.5 liters per day), adhere to the diet;
- if possible, avoid catarrhal and infectious diseases, avoid hypothermia.
There is also medication prophylaxis. It includes antibiotics, phytotherapy, probiotics and the administration of drugs directly into the bladder. All this is aimed at preventing relapses and normal functioning of the affected organ.
Timely detection of pathology makes it possible to successfully get rid of a dangerous ailment and its complications. It is important to understand that compliance with certain types of prevention will help prevent the return of the disease, and will enable full-fledged life. The main thing is that it treats your body carefully.