Honey is a natural natural product with valuable substances for the human body. Along with its high nutritional value, it has healing properties in many diseases, which have long been known to our ancestors.
The ingenious doctor of Antiquity - Abu Ali Ibn Sina Avicenna in his treatises mentioned the value of this product, in addition to his creative power of honey was known in ancient Egypt and Babylon. In many countries, honey was called the elixir of youth and health. It was used as a ready-made meal in the diet, they were treated, and women used it in cosmetics to restore the youthfulness of the skin of the face and whole body.
Today's article is devoted to useful properties of honey and contraindications to its use, and also how to take it - inside and outwardly.
Chemical composition of honey
Studies show that honey contains about 300 useful and biologically active substances. All can not be listed, it is enough to say that it includes about 80% of complex carbohydrates( fructose, glucose, inverted sugars, maltose and others).
Also in this product contains vitamins B, PP, H, C, as well as a rich complex of minerals. In honey there are also:
- nitrogenous substances;
- proteins and enzymes;
- alkaloids and amino acids;
- flavonoids phytoncides, organic acids;
- lipids, hormones;
- organic acids.
The percentage of useful substances depends on the area where it was harvested by honey bees.
Useful properties of honey
It is established that honey has very strong antifungal and antiviral properties and is able to inhibit pathogenic bacteria. The use of compresses from honey water helps to quickly heal cuts and burns, festering and infected wounds, non-healing scratches and skin lesions.
The ability of honey to cardinally improve blood quality is known because it possesses antioxidant properties and removes free radicals from cells. For patients with type 1 diabetes, honey is prohibited, but in the second type it can be a successful substitute for sugar.
The product is an excellent tool for the prevention and treatment of colds, flu, throat and respiratory system. He cures coughing, throat swelling, removes inflammation, nasal congestion. Especially honey is effective for colds in combination with warm milk and cream or melted butter.
Natural natural product is a stimulator of immunity growth, increase of working capacity, for good reason it is recommended to athletes during the period of intensive training and competitions.
A friend of mine said that. ..
When he practiced sports, he ate one or two tablespoons of honey with warm water before training or competition, and after that noticed an unprecedented surge of strength and endurance.
At the same time, official medicine does not consider honey a dietary product, its energy value is 310-320 kcal per 100 g, which is just under 380 kcal contained in sugar. In this case, to eat at one time 100 grams of sugar is not easy, but honey can get carried away and get extra calories.
The use of honey in home treatment: how to take honey
Traditional healers according to their practical observations claim that honey improves digestion, relieves cough and cold, gives a person vivacity, prolongs youth and helps maintain energy in old age. Pythagoras claimed that only honey helped him live to the age of 90 in good health and keep his mind clear.
Beekeepers and IPA therapists use honey for the treatment of pulmonary diseases and colds, anemia, exhaustion and loss of strength. It is believed that it strengthens the nervous system, restores immunity, relieves insomnia and replenishes the physical and mental strength of the body.
Honey heals constipation, restores the secretory and motor function of the stomach, increases acidity, is used for gastritis and ulcers as a means of cicatrizing mucous lesions. It is noteworthy that various methods of using this product are effective both with reduced and with increased acidity of gastric juice.
It is given in case of anemia, it is especially recommended for this disease of honey of dark varieties. It is also effective in the treatment of cardiovascular ailments and heart muscle diseases. It is proved that this product promotes the expansion of coronary vessels.
Honey facilitates the condition of women with menopause, and honey vodichka was used to treat gynecological problems in the form of douching.
Traditional recipes with honey at home: how to use
For stomatitis and problems with nasopharyngeal
- , dissolve in the mouth 1 teaspoon of honey 2 times a day. You can rinse the mouth with a decoction of chamomile mixed with honey in the proportion of 1 tbsp.l.on 200 ml.
With a cold
- Drink tea with any medicinal herbs for colds( linden, chamomile, oregano, raspberries, etc.), adding to it one teaspoon of honey.
- Great recipe for colds - in a cup( 250 ml) of warm milk, add one teaspoon of honey and butter, preferably baked.
- You should make a mixture of 1 lemon and 100 g of honey. Take this healing mix for half an hour before bedtime for 1 tablespoon with hot, but not more than 60 degrees, herbal tea.
- Mix 1 to 1 honey and horseradish juice. Take after breakfast and dinner for 1 one tablespoon.
In case of problems with the digestive tract
- Take 1 teaspoon of honey daily on an empty stomach.
- Beat protein 1 egg with 1 teaspoon of honey and take it on an empty stomach for 20 minutes before breakfast.
- Make a healing balm of 250 g of honey, 150 g of rubbed aloe and 350 ml of dark grape wine and infuse for 7-10 days. Take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day for 2 hours before eating.
- With a high acidity of gastric juice, take 2 hours before meals for 200 ml of warm water mixed with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- At low acidity - this solution should be drunk 5-10 minutes before meals.
Treatment of wounds, burns and cuts
- Make honey water, which should be mixed 200-250 ml.warm boiled water with 1 teaspoon of honey, stir and make compresses and lotions at least 3 times a day.
For bronchitis, inflammation and other diseases of the respiratory system
- It is necessary to take 100 g of honey, melted butter, smaltz or goose fat, cocoa and 15 g of aloe juice, all heated by steam, but not boiled. Take twice a day for 1 tablespoon, mixing with a cup of warm milk.
- Cut in the radish core, add 2 tablespoons of honey, cover with a saucer or paper and set aside for 3-4 hours. Drink before eating and sleeping 1 teaspoon. It can be given to children if they do not have allergies.
Treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis
- Take 1.2 kg of honey( 1 liter jar not topped), 1 glass of crushed aloe leaves( before that, ripened aloe leaves should be kept in the fridge for 5 days), 100 ml of olive oil, 25 g of birch buds, 10g linden and 400 ml of water. Put all the ingredients in a dark bottle and store it in a cool place. Take a drug for 1 tablespoon three times a day, each time necessarily shaking the bottle.
In the treatment of the heart and blood vessels
- For 1 tablespoon of honey take 3 times a day with cottage cheese, warm milk or any vegetable or fruit juices.
- Mix 400 g melted butter, pork interior fat, honey, sugar. Add 100 g of cocoa( natural), 8 chicken yolks and 3 cups of fatty rustic cream. Oil and fat melt, the rest of the products beat up, then mix everything and keep on steam until the mixture becomes like sour cream. Take 1 tablespoon 3 r.in a day.
For hypertension in the initial stages of
- Stir honey with crushed cranberries. Drink 1 tablespoon three times a day.
- Combine a glass of honey and juice from onions. Take 1 tablespoon three times a day.
For sleeplessness, fatigue, irritability and nervous problems
- For 7-10 days, drink over night a glass of kefir with 1 tablespoon of honey.
Treatment of anemia
- Mix 200 g of honey and 20 g of fresh yeast. Take 50 grams every day.
For renal ailments
- Mix 120 g of honey, 200 ml of lemon juice and 100 ml of rose hip juice. Take 1 tablespoon three times a day, washing down with warm, not sparkling mineral water.
For rheumatism and joint diseases
- Make a honey application on the lumbar or other problem area, apply a film, wrap it with a cloth and put a warm water bottle on it for a couple of hours.
- Drink infusion or decoction of burdock with 10 g of honey to 1/3 cup before eating. Last drink before going to bed.
Treatment of hemorrhoids and prostatitis
- Stir in a cup of boiling water 8 leaves of elderberry, a large spoon of sage and the same amount of honey. All insist in the thermos 5-6 hours. Take 100 ml once a day, the recommended course is a month.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey and juice of beetroot, soak the napkin and attach to the back passage. The lining should be changed every 3-4 hours.
- Immediately after cleansing enema and bowel movement, make a microclysmic by mixing 100 ml of warm water with 2 tablespoons of honey. Try to keep the solution for at least 5 minutes.
Treating gynecological problems
- Sitting baths should be made of 3-4 tablespoons of honey mixed with 1 liter of warm water. Its temperature should not be above 32 degrees, the duration of the procedure is 25 minutes, the course - 20 baths.
- Enter for 3-5 hours in the vagina of cotton swabs, impregnated with honey. The course of treatment is 21 days.
In the treatment of liver, spleen and bile system
- In a ratio of 1: 2: 3, combine fresh lemon juice, honey and unrefined vegetable oil. Take 2 tablespoons three times a day for 30 minutes before eating.
How to store honey
To keep all active substances for a long time, honey should be stored correctly. It is advisable to do this in a dark, cool and dry place at a temperature of 1 to 3 degrees above zero. The mistake is made by those who store the product in the cellars, there is too much humidity.
It is best to store honey in honeycombs, but if this is not possible, it is best to do it in glass, ceramic or enameled vessels. Do not keep honey in barrels of coniferous wood - they will give the product its smell, and in a barrel from oak honey will darken with time.
Can be stored in cans of stainless steel, tin cans, aluminum foil or paraffin wax. But in the iron, zinc or copper containers to keep honey should not be, this product contains active substances that will react chemically with metals, and form dangerous compounds for health.
Properly stored honey can retain useful properties for decades.
Contraindications to the use of honey
Despite the obvious benefits, honey has a number of contraindications. The main ones are:
- allergy and individual intolerance;
- exacerbation of chronic gastric ulcer and gastritis;
- period of exacerbation of liver and kidney diseases;
- acute pancreatitis, cholecystitis, gastritis;
- type 1 diabetes mellitus.
To restrict the intake of honey, doctors are recommended to increase the temperature above 38 degrees, as well as:
- during the period of exacerbation of rheumatism,
- of a variety of dermatosis - hyperglycosema,
- manifestation of atopic dermatitis,
- in the postoperative period with cholecystectomy and after gastrectomy within the first 3-4 months.
During this period, honey is either banned altogether, or not more than 1-2 teaspoons a day.
In any case, if you have any doubts as to whether it is possible to apply honey internally or externally, go to a local GP and talk to him about the usefulness of honey and about the contraindications to its use, especially if it concernshealth of your child - then to the doctor-pediatrician.
Video on the topic: Honey - benefit and harm, contraindications and indications
On the video channel "Interesst Videos".
Honey has a huge amount of useful properties, however, contraindications to eating honey are enough.
Liquid honey - the normal state of fresh honey after pumping out honeycomb( usually honey of the current beekeeping season).Liquid honey has a different degree of density( viscosity).The viscosity of honey depends on the greater or lesser content of water in it and partly on the temperature of the surrounding air.
Liquid honey can also be obtained by heating crystallized honey, while some useful properties of honey may be lost, as well as the content of oxymethylfurfural in it. Too thin honey may indicate insufficient exposure of the honeycombs, it is called "immature".
Crystallized( "sat down") honey - is formed naturally from liquid honey. Honey from the dandelion flowers "sits down" most quickly( from about 2-3 days to 1 week), mixed herbs( depending on the honey-plants from which it was harvested) "sits" two or three months after pumping out honeycomb. Sowing honey does not lose its properties as a result of crystallization.
In sowing honey, depending on the size of the crystals, one can distinguish a coarse-grained, fine-grained and salo-like cage. In coarse-grained honey, splices of sugar crystals are more than 0.5 mm in diameter, in fine-grained - less than 0.5 mm, but still visible to the unaided eye. Sometimes the crystallized honey has so small crystals that the mass of honey seems to be homogeneous, salicy.
The color of honey is divided into light and dark with numerous transitional shades from white to reddish-brown. The color of honey depends on plants, of which honey is obtained from the nectar: relatively light honey species are obtained from the inflorescences of lime, sunflower, acacia, and relatively dark ones - from buckwheat, milkweed.
Transparency of liquid honey depends primarily on the amount of pepper that has fallen into honey during pumping. Honey may grow turbid as a result of the process of its crystallization that has begun.
Natural honey, as a rule, has a sweet taste. The aroma( smell) of honey is determined by the peculiarities of this or that plant. Honey, collected by bees from one particular plant, usually has its own characteristic taste and aroma. With a certain experience it is possible, for example, to accurately determine buckwheat honey. A peculiar aroma has honey lime, bodjakovyj, collected from flowers of sunflower. The aroma of mixed honey is extremely diverse and often does not provide an opportunity to determine its origin.
To obtain the desired color and aroma, different types of honey can be mixed.
Source: related video, publication of the