Urethritis is an inflammatory disease localized in the urinary canal. This ailment can affect both women and men. More often than not, members of the stronger sex suffer from this disease. Therefore, what is urethritis in men, its symptoms and treatment should be studied in detail.
- Causes of the disease
- Symptoms of urethritis
- Forms of the disease
- Diagnosis of the disease
- Treatment of the disease
- Treatment with folk remedies
- Prevention of disease
We treat male urethritis with drugs We treat female urethritis with drugs Quickly treat urethritis at home Urethritis in women - symptoms, causes and treatment Which doctor treats phimosis
Causes of the disease
Development of the disease in men is facilitated by such irritating factors:
- infectious diseases that are transmitted in intimate proximity, the most common of them: human papillomavirus, genital herpes, chlamydia, trichomonads;
- chronic infectious and viral diseases;
- a metabolic disorder leading to urolithiasis, irritating the urinary tract;
- excessive consumption of salty, acidic, spicy, smoked dishes and spirits;
- disorders of stools of a chronic nature;
- allergic manifestations;
- influence on an organism of chemical substances or strong medicines.
Situations in which urethritis is actively developing:
- promiscuous sexual intercourse;
- regular hypothermia of the body;
- stressful situations;
- excessive physical exhaustion;
- damage to the mucous membrane of the urethra.
Important to remember!If a man has a urethritis as a result of a sexual infection, then a course of treatment is required not only for him, but also for the partner! After all, the urethritis is transmitted from man to woman.
Symptoms of urethritis
In the period of active development of the disease, the following signs begin to appear in a man:
- unpleasant sensations at the time of excretion of urine;
- copious discharge of fluid from the urethra;
- regular itching in the intimate area.
If the disease is chronic, then at each exacerbation the symptoms of the disease are more pronounced.
Forms of the disease
Depending on the degree of severity and regularity of relapses, these forms of the disease are distinguished:
- Gonorrheal urethritis in men. The source of the defeat of the urethra is the gonococcal virus, which falls at the time of intimacy with an infected partner. As for children, they can become infected with this form of the disease by the domestic way.
- Candid urethritis in men. A rare type of disease. Characterized by damage to the mucous membrane of the urinary canal by a fungus. More often, candidal urethritis is activated as a result of prolonged intake of strong drugs, antibiotics.
- Acute urethritis. Characterized by a dynamic manifestation of symptoms and the rapid development of the inflammatory process. An exacerbation can occur in the chronic form of urethritis as a result of the action of irritating factors.
- Bacterial urethritis. It occurs due to harmful bacteria entering the urinary canal. The cause may be a fence or a long-term use of a catheter.
- Chlamydial urethritis in men. It is a consequence of a man's defeat by chlamydia. These pathogenic viruses are transmitted during sexual intercourse.
- Trichomoniasis urethritis. It is activated approximately 1 week after the appearance of trichomonads in the body. It is accompanied by severe itching and burning of the sexual organ. If you ignore this form of the disease and do not start effective treatment, then it can develop into a chronic illness. The difficulty is that the symptoms manifest themselves after a while, not immediately.
- Posterior urethritis. It is the formation of the inflammatory process in the back of the urethra. Accordingly, the front urethritis affects the front part.
- Herpetic urethritis. It arises from the infection of a man with the virus of genital herpes.
- Noninfectious urethritis. It is characterized by inflammation of non-infectious nature. The cause may be severe hypothermia of the body or mechanical damage to the urethra.
- Purulent urethritis. This is a neglected form of the disease. It testifies that the man ignored the primary ailments and the inflammation became more active. This type is accompanied by an abundant release of pus from the urinary tract, as well as acute pain in an intimate place.
Chronic urethritis in men is quite rare. The main reasons for the development are:
- ineffective treatment of urethritis;
- activation of the inflammatory process and its spread to other parts of the genitourinary system;
- decrease of the immune system.
After examining the main forms of the disease, we can conclude: the faster the therapy, the less unpleasant the consequences.
Diagnosis of the disease
In order to establish a diagnosis, a specialist conducts a thorough examination of the patient and interrogates for complaints. Then he directs to conduct such laboratory research:
- Analysis of urine;
- linked immunosorbent assay;
- smear examination;
- bacterial culture.
The doctor deciphers the results of the conducted studies, on the basis of which he establishes the diagnosis and appoints the most effective treatment in each individual case.
Treatment of the disease
Than to treat a urethritis at men? In order to get rid of this ailment, it is required to undergo complex therapy, which includes:
- Antibiotics. They are a compulsory drug in the treatment of urethritis. After all, they contribute to the removal of the inflammatory process. The most effective antibiotics can be: Metronidazole, Gentamicin, Azithromycin.
- Restoration of intestinal microflora. Such an effect on the body is required as a result of taking antibiotics, which adversely affect the work of the body. After all, they eliminate not only pathogenic, but also beneficial bacteria.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs of topical application. For this purpose, such means are used: Miramistin, Monural, and also their analogues.
- Antihistamines. Such tablets should be used in case the cause of the appearance of urethritis is an allergy.
- The intake of vitamins and drugs that normalize the immune system.
How much is the disease treated? Everything depends on the severity of the disease. If the urethritis is not in a neglected form, then with proper intake of medications can be cured within 2 weeks.
Important to remember!Do not choose a method of treatment and dosage yourself! This can lead to complications.
Treatment with folk remedies
How to treat urethritis in men with non-traditional methods? In addition to pharmacy products, the disease can be influenced with the help of traditional medicine, which you can prepare yourself. That is, to conduct treatment at home. There are many recipes for the preparation of medicines that contribute to the effective elimination of the disease.
It will take 1 hour to prepare the broth. l. finely chopped parsley, which should be poured into 0.5 liters of water at room temperature. Infuse for 1 day. At the end of the time, take 50 ml 5 times a day.
Should take 3 tbsp. l. berries of black currant, pour 0.5 liters of steep boiling water. Infuse until the liquid darkens. After that, take 1 glass of the broth obtained 3 times a day.
It will take 1 hour. l. flowers cornflower, which should be filled with 1 glass of steep boiling water. Infuse 1 hour, then strain and use 2 tablespoons. l. 3 times a day.
Important to remember!If a man with a urethritis has decided to be treated in an unconventional way, then one should definitely consult a specialist! He will determine the feasibility of such treatment in each individual case.
Prevention of disease
It is quite simple to avoid the appearance of the inflammatory process to a man. For this it is required to adhere to such simple rules:
- use condoms during sexual intercourse;
- avoid hypothermia, especially in the cold season;
- refrain from excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages;
- quit smoking;
- avoid injuries and mechanical damage to the penis;
- effectively distribute their physical strength.
Also, one should not forget about the increase in the immune system, which performs a protective function in the body. This requires taking vitamins and consuming more seasonal vegetables and fruits.