Peony is used as an ornamental plant throughout Europe, including in our country.
This perennial herbaceous plant from the family of Pion, reaches a height of 1 meter and has a developed powerful root.
The plant comes from Asia, and some of its species are listed as endangered in the Red Book, so they are rare in the wild.
- How to prepare tincture
- Water infusion
Peony loves fertile soils with an abundance of nutritioussubstances of organic origin.
In addition to decorative use used for medicinal purposes, most often as a tincture of roots and stems.
Healing properties of the peony known since ancient times.
The plant was mentioned in scientific works of such famous scientists and doctors of antiquity as Avicenna( Persia) and Theophrastus( Greece).
It was the Greeks who gave the name to this beautiful flower, which in translation from gr."Paionis" means medicinal or curative.
According to the legend, the Greek doctor Peony cured Pluto, the god of the underworld. Teacher Peony was Aesculapius, who after such a glory pupil decided to poison him, but the gods saved the young doctor turning into a flower.
In Russia, the plant is called Maryin root or "peony evading" .
And do you know about the benefits and harm of oatmeal in the morning? Which is more useful for the body: raw, boiled on water or milk, or in sachets - written in a useful article.
Useful properties of thyme and oregano are described on this page.
Composition and useful properties
Peony contains a number of substances that have medicinal properties:
- flavonoids - increase the level of estrogens in women( useful for violation of the monthly cycle and menopause);
- glycosides - carbohydrates, strengthening the heart muscle, vessels and capillaries;
- salicylic acid - a natural antiseptic, disinfecting wounds and stopping inflammation;
- essential oils - tone the body, have a calming effect( sedative);
- benzoic acid - destroys bacteria, fungi and viruses in the body;
- mineral substances - a complex of minerals strengthens the body and increases immunity.
With the use of tincture the following effect is observed:
- the metabolic processes in the body are normalized;
- strengthens the nervous system;
- eliminates convulsive muscle contractions;
- internal bleeding stops;
- secretion of the stomach and gall bladder increases, digestion processes improve( acidity increases);
- anti-inflammatory effect;
- spasms are removed( head and other pains);
- improves mood, due to the stimulation of the release of endorphins( "hormones of happiness");
- reduces the risk of cancer.
Indications for use
Tincture has found application in folk and traditional medicine as an independent soothing and anti-inflammatory agent.
And what do you know about the healing properties of herb grass creeping? On the benefits and harm is written in the current article.
How to take tincture of hawthorn with angina learn here.
On the page: http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva / lekarstvennye-rasteniya / oduvanchik.html is written when collecting the roots of a dandelion.
In addition, the drug is used in complex treatment with other agents:
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract;
- metabolic disorders;
- disorders of the nervous system( insomnia, neuroses, stress);
- vegetative-vascular dystonia;
- cardiac dysfunction;
- gynecology( about the benefits of caraway oil written here);menopause, disorders of menstruation, hormonal disorders;
- violations of biological rhythms( anxiety, increased excitability, mood swings);
- treatment of malignant tumors( about the use of wax moth tincture in oncology read in this article) ovary, cervix, cysts in the kidneys;
- convulsions and spasms of blood vessels;
- skin diseases( medicinal properties and contraindications to celandine juice, prescriptions);
- strengthening of immunity( instruction on how to drink tincture of Echinacea purpurea is published on this page) and emotional background.
The product has found application in cosmetology for strengthening the skin and hair( useful properties and contraindications of hop cones).The drug reduces fat and nourishes the hair due to the presence of amino acids and minerals.
Contraindications and Harms
Before use, you should consider the possible side effects and contraindications. It is not recommended to use in the following cases:
- low blood pressure;
- increased gastric acidity( stimulation of hydrochloric acid production);
- liver disease( hepatitis, cirrhosis, etc.);
- kidney disease;
- the presence of alcohol in the tincture makes it impossible to use the tincture of pregnant and lactating women, as well as children under 16;
- tincture can cause premature birth;
- is not recommended for use in work requiring increased attention, since the drug has a sedative effect, reducing the reaction and concentration of a person;
- individual intolerance of the drug components is possible;
- is not recommended for people suffering from alcoholism( see how to make a medicine from a herb of gold-centner here).
If you experience any side effects or an overdose, it is recommended that you consult a doctor. If nausea or vomiting occurs, immediately rinse the stomach with a large amount of fluid and induce vomiting.
Folk methods at home
The dosage and methods of administration depend on the nature of the disease.
Alcohol tincture increases the effect of some components and reduces the toxicity of others.
Before taking it, it is recommended that you consult with your doctor and follow all of his instructions.
Usually, tincture is dissolved in water( 1-2 tablespoons per 1 glass) and consumed before meals.
The course is from 2 to 3 months, depending on the type of illness.
Consider the main options:
- Climax .In a glass of water, dissolve 2 tablespoons of tincture and take 3 times before meals for 3 weeks.
Then take a break 2 weeks and repeat the course again.
The drug eliminates negative symptoms in menopausal women( pain, spasms, hormonal failures).
- Myoma of the uterus ( benign uterine tumor).
For a month, take 1 teaspoon three times daily before meals.
Take a break 2 weeks and repeat the course again.
- Cardiovascular disorder.
For a glass of water 2 tablespoons of tincture.
Take 2 times a day in the morning and in the evening for two months.
Then take a break six months and repeat the course again.
The work of the heart is normalized, the vessels are strengthened and blood pressure is stabilized.
- Nervous system disorders ( as a sedative).
At night, drip 40 drops of tincture, which can be diluted with water.
Improves sleep and relieves tension, including muscle.
It can be given to children from 6 years in small quantities( 10-15 drops per glass of water).
However, it is advisable to consult a doctor first.
How to prepare a tincture of
The drug is available on a free sale in pharmacies or from healers, while the price of it "does not bite."
However, those who wish can prepare themselves if they have their own peony at hand.
For this, first, harvest the raw material:
- in summer take stems,
- roots of the plant, which are washed with water and dried in a dark and well-ventilated place.
Products spread evenly and dry for 3-4 weeks, periodically, mixing.
Finished raw material easily breaks and does not have a musty odor.
For preparation, all the dried parts of the plant are placed in a glass container, counting: 10 g of pion per 100 ml of alcohol.
The container is clogged and well shaken.
Insist means three weeks in a darkened and cool place, periodically shaking.
After this, tincture is filtered through cheesecloth and stored in a dark glass dish that is tightly closed.
The shelf life of reaches 2 years.
You can prepare and infusion of peony. To do this, take 2 teaspoons of a dry product and pour a glass of boiled water water.
Insist for 1 hour, and then filter.
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks.
The infusion is more toxic than the tincture, so it is limited only to external use.
The product cleans the skin of acne and other rashes, reduces the fat content of the skin and fights acne.
Patient feedback and doctor's advice
Tincture is an excellent sedative and sedative, over-the-counter or self-prepared.
The drug effectively fights against insomnia and emotional disturbances, while in normal doses the tincture is harmless.
In addition, physical and mental endurance is enhanced, due to beneficial ingredients in the form of mineral substances that strengthen the body.
Regular use in small amounts helps to combat stress, and prevents the development of gynecological diseases in women.
Scientifically proven a positive effect as a means of preventing cancer, since the pion contains antioxidants that prevent the mutation of cells.
In addition to traditional medicine, tincture services are used by doctors who use it as a drug in combination with other medicines.
A distinctive feature of the tincture is the delayed effect, that is, it starts to act not immediately, but after 7-10 hours.
The drug has the maximum effect with regular use, accumulating in the body.
Doctors warn about the risk of overdose, do not recommend increasing the dose and departing from the course of treatment.
Even a single pre-tincture in large quantities can cause acute poisoning and harm internal organs, especially the stomach and kidneys.
How to recognize a peony, under what diseases helps tincture and decoction from it, you will find out by looking at the proposed video clip