The female organism is complicated, especially the reproductive system. However, it is quite easy to disable it, as there are many different gynecological diseases. Often, the restoration of normal work of female organs is not an easy task, it can take a lot of time, effort, and also medical drugs. One of the most common female ailments is internal endometriosis. It affects women of different ages and social status. More details about the disease and methods of treatment will be discussed in this article.
- Internal endometriosis, what is it?
- Causes of the disease
- Degrees of disease spread
- Symptoms of endometriosis
- Diagnosis of neoplasm
- Medicamentous treatment of endometriosis
- Treatment of endometriosis at home
Pregnancy and endometriosis We treat endometriosis with the drug Byzanne We treat endometriosis of the uterus at home The difference between adenomyosis and endometriosis How to treat endometriosis in women after 40?
Internal endometriosis, what is it?
Endometriosis is a serious disease of the female genital organs, which breaks the upper layer of the mucous walls of the uterus. The ailment is quite dangerous, as it proceeds without particularly pronounced symptoms and it is easily confused with other gynecological problems. The newly formed tumor is not the beginning of the tumor, since it has a completely different structure. However, it can expand and damage the walls of the uterus, as well as neighboring organs.
The entire uterine cavity is covered with endometrioid cells, they contain receptors for sex hormones and special glands. The main task of these cells is to timely menstruate. These special cells are not found anywhere else in the body. However, if endometriosis occurs, it causes pathology. These cells can move to other organs and tissues, and there they cease to perform their tasks.
In medicine, two classifications of the disease (external and internal endometriosis) are distinguished, they depend on the organs that were affected. Internal endometriosis is more common, in almost 90% of patients. It affects such female organs:
- body of the uterus (diffuse, nodular, focal);
- cervix, neoplasm is located on the outer and inner parts of the canal;
- ovaries, in the form of pseudocysts;
- Fallopian tubes, in the process of spike, which causes obstruction.
In the early stages, the disease is well treatable. Every woman is obliged not to neglect personal health, but to visit a gynecologist on time. Early detection of problems allows them to be quickly resolved.
Important!If the endometriosis is not treated in a timely manner, it will cause serious complications, such as cancer, infertility or the formation of cysts on the ovaries.
Causes of the disease
Despite the development of science and medicine, specialists have not fully studied this disease, so they can not say exactly why it appears. However, many doctors came to one opinion that endometriosis appears against a background of several reasons. Among the main factors they distinguish:
- the reverse current of menstrual blood. This is a complex process, during which menstrual blood penetrates deeper into the reproductive organs, and can sometimes spread through the abdominal cavity. This blood in its composition always has particles of the endometrium. If they fall into an unfamiliar environment, they can provoke small tumors;
- a variety of procedures and gynecological interventions in the uterine cavity. The cause of the disease can be a cesarean section, abortion, miscarriage, removal of polyps and any other procedure that violates the integrity of the microflora of the body of the uterus;
- hormonal disorders;
- women subjected to strong physical and mental stress;
- a variety of infectious diseases of the genitourinary system;
- a violation of the immune system;
Obviously, there are a lot of reasons for the appearance of endometriosis, therefore it is important to be regularly observed in the women's consultation.
Degrees of disease spread
Germination of the endometrium in the body of the uterus can have different degrees, which differ in complexity. Physicians distinguish 4 stages of the disease.
- Internal endometriosis of the 1st degree is a pathological process that affects the outer layer of the uterine wall;
- Endometriosis of the 2nd degree, sprouts up to the middle of the uterine wall.
- Endometriosis 3 degrees, extends to the entire wall of the uterus to the serous cover;
- Endometriosis 4 degrees, affects the entire uterus, adjacent organs and parietal peritoneum.
Symptoms of endometriosis
Internal endometriosis of the uterus can be asymptomatic, and sometimes the signs of the disease are similar to many other gynecological diseases. However, all these symptoms should alert the woman and encourage her to turn to the doctor. Among the most common manifestations of the disease, experts identify:
- brown discharge for a few days (from 2 to 5) before menstruation;
- abundant and prolonged periods;
- Spotting spotting during intercourse;
- bleeding between critical days;
- pain sensations of different intensity, which manifest themselves in the lower abdomen, in the anus and in the groin. The pain appears at the beginning of the menstrual period, and with their end either passes completely, or becomes less;
- with large blood loss anemia develops, which leads to drowsiness and general malaise.
All these symptoms or only one of them does not confirm the presence of endometriosis. To accurately establish the diagnosis it is necessary to undergo a variety of studies.
Diagnosis of neoplasm
As soon as a woman watches the change in her body, it is important for her to see a doctor. He will examine the patient and prescribe a number of instrumental and laboratory studies. Only on the basis of the findings the gynecologist will be able to prescribe the right treatment. As a rule, such tests are used to confirm the diagnosis:
- the doctor finds out from the patient what concerns her and on what days of the cycle;
- thorough gynecological examination;
- ultrasound is determined by the diffuse form, that is, the thickening of the walls of the uterus and the heterogeneous cellular structure of the affected wall. Echoes of internal endometriosis will indicate an increase in the organs, the appearance of cysts, the zone of increased echogenicity;
- colposcopy, allows to detect small cysts of bluish color on the walls and cervix of the uterus;
- X-ray examination of the uterus;
- hysteroscopy will allow you to carefully consider the affected organ;
- CT or MRI;
- laparoscopy, the procedure is performed through a small incision on the anterior wall of the abdominal cavity. Through the incision, a special device is introduced, which allows one to accurately study the formation and, if possible, remove it.
Based on the findings, the gynecologist will be able to establish an accurate diagnosis and choose the best treatment, taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient.
Medicamentous treatment of endometriosis
The choice of method of treatment depends entirely on the patient's age, individual characteristics of the organism, the interest of the woman in the nearest pregnancy, and the severity of the disease. In advanced cases, doctors unequivocally recommend surgery. However, if the disease is 1 or 2 degrees, then more conservative methods of treatment are used. As a rule, hormone therapy is prescribed, its goal is to suspend the menstrual cycle for 6 months. During this time, the body can independently overcome endometriosis in the uterus and tubes.
Treatment is carried out under the strict supervision of a gynecologist. Usually, these hormones are prescribed:
- Duphaston (progestogen);
- Danazol (antigonadotropin);
- Zoladex (agonist).
In addition to hormone therapy, the patient is prescribed other drugs that help to remove unpleasant symptoms and boost the immune system:
- anti-inflammatory drugs;
- analgesic tablets;
- antibiotic treatment;
- medicines containing iron;
Complex treatment lasts for several months, during which time the doctor can change the treatment schedule. It is important to regularly come to the examination to monitor the patient's condition. As a rule, after half a year a full recovery comes.
Treatment of endometriosis at home
Many patients avoid hormonal therapy, so they refuse medication. Women prefer treatment with folk remedies. Often choose acupuncture and treatment with leeches. However, many choose medicinal herbs, therapy can be carried out by a hogweed. This is an excellent plant with antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. From it are prepared tinctures, decoctions and tampons.
- To prepare the broth take 1 tbsp. a spoonful of grass and 250 mg of boiling water and boil over low heat for 10-15 minutes. It is important to give 4 hours, so that the broth is thoroughly brewed, after which it is filtered. Take medicine for 1 tbsp. spoon three times a day, 40 minutes before eating. Decoction can and douche.
- Herbal infusion. To prepare the medicine take 2 tbsp. spoons of dry leaves and pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. The container should be covered with a lid and wrapped around so that it stood for at least 20 minutes. Take 1 tbsp. spoon three times a day, 40 minutes before meals. The course of treatment is from several weeks to a month. If necessary, the therapy can be repeated in a month.
- Excellent treatment with tampons. To do this, in 250 ml of purified oil you must insist 2 tbsp. spoons of dried leaves of grass. Insist should be 2 weeks, while daily shaking. At the end of the period, the contents are well filtered. Cotton swab should be thoroughly moistened in infusion and put into the vagina at night.
Before doing self-medication, it is important to consult a doctor. He is well aware of the general condition of the patient and can give specific recommendations. Be healthy!