Carrots are considered one of the most useful vegetables, which have a positive effect on the body of children and adults when used in any form.
Unique properties of carrots are the reason for the wide spread of root vegetables in various fields of application - folk medicine, cooking, cosmetology.
In carrots it is useful and edible all: both root crops, and tops.
- Chemical composition
- Useful properties
- Plant carrot
- Xe in Korean
- With honey addition
- Traditional medicine
- Application in cosmetology
- Use for children
- Selection and storage of
- Contraindications and side effects
The culture is grownfrom seeds, which in 60-90 days give a juicy, tasty and useful harvest.
Chemical composition of
The curative properties of carrots are due to the composition, rich in vitamins and nutrients.
They are necessary for maintaining the health and well-being of a person.
The root crops and tops contain a high amount of the following useful trace elements:
- Vitamins - E, K, C, D.
- Vitamins of group B.
- Beta-carotene - a component that turns upon ingestion of a person in vitamin A,condition of mucous membranes and skin.
And what do you know about the benefits and harm of horseradish for human health? On the medicinal properties of the medicinal plant is written in a useful article.
For useful properties and contraindications for Japanese quince, read on this page.
Specific carrot smell is caused by the maintenance in a vegetable of the essential oils necessary for health and normal state of health of each person.
Energy value of carrots :
|Element of||Percentage of|
Caloric content is only 39 kcal, which allows carrots to be included in the menu, even in the strictest diet.
Carrots contain a whole complex of vitamins.
Therefore, the inclusion of vegetables in the daily diet is recommended in the season of hypo-and avitaminosis.
Regular consumption of the vegetable has the following beneficial effect on the body:
- Carrot juice or root in a grated form helps to normalize the metabolism and remove harmful toxins.
- It promotes the activation of oxidation-reduction processes occurring inside cells.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Has anti-inflammatory effect.
- Increases the number of antioxidants, provoking the growth of healthy cells and reducing the occurrence of cancer pathologies.
- Carrots have a positive effect on digestive processes, preventing the appearance of constipation and the development of hemorrhoids.
- Promotes disposal of cardiovascular diseases, due to the high content of potassium in the composition.
- Carrot juice acts as a source of energy and vigor.
- It increases the body's resistance to infectious pathologies.
- Carrots are effective for anemia.
- Juice normalizes the activity of the kidneys and cleanses the liver, removes sand and stones of small sizes with kidney stone disease.
- Among the effective, proven folk medicine including carrots - recipes from burns, wounds, skin frostbite, stomatitis and other diseases.
- Juice has an antiseptic effect, suitable for treating wounds and gargling.
Do you know the useful properties of sea-buckthorn? What kind of health potential does she have written in the current article.
For useful properties of the Kalanchoe sheet, read here.
On the page: http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva /lekarstva/ produkty-pitaniya / reven.html written about the benefit and harm of rhubarb for weight loss.
Carrots are useful for eating when dietary nutrition is observed in diseases of the kidneys, liver, stomach and cardiovascular system.
Plant of carrots
The plant can be used for cooking salads and other dishes.
In the element contains a huge amount of vitamins and trace elements, in particular, selenium, which in one branch contains a daily amount.
Selenium is a powerful antioxidant , capable of combating colds and viral diseases.
A decoction of carrot leaves helps to get rid of painful sensations in cystitis and varicose veins, remove stones from the kidneys and cope with hemorrhoids.
Carrots are not only beneficial for the body, but also has excellent taste qualities.
Will serve as a bright decoration of any dish.
For the best assimilation of carotene beta-carotene contained in carrots and its further conversion into vitamin A, it is recommended to combine dishes from it with sour cream and vegetable oil.
It is useful and tasty to add to the grated carrot beets, apples, as well as other fruits and vegetables, depending on individual preferences.
Antioxidants help prevent premature aging and serve as a preventative and a means of combating various diseases, including oncological .
It is recommended to clean carrots with a special brush that removes only the uppermost thin layer, because the deposits of nutrients are located immediately under the skin.
The carrot can be added to salads or first courses, immediately after being removed from the fire, to preserve the beneficial properties in the maximum volume.
Xe in Korean
The spiciness of the dish helps to increase appetite and improve digestive processes.
The way of preparation assumes preservation in a vegetable of useful vitamins of group B and vitamin C, which have a positive effect on blood vessels.
To prepare the dish you need:
- 1 kilogram carrots,
- 50 g of acetic essence,
- 1 tablespoon of sugar,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- vegetable oil in amount of 200 grams,
- red and black pepper to taste.
Carrots need to be cleaned and grated on a special grater, then add the sugar, salt and vinegar, stir and grind the carrots a little.
Then the dish is left for 20-30 minutes to isolate the delicious juice.
In the end, you need to add to the resulting mass of hot pepper, the vegetable oil heated in a frying pan and carefully mix all the ingredients.
It is not recommended to eat carrots in Korean people suffering from ulcers and other stomach diseases, as well as gastritis.
With the addition of honey
A healthy breakfast with a charge of vitamins for excellent mood and vivacity for the whole day will be grated carrots with the addition of a small amount of honey.
If desired, you can mix the resulting salad with sour cream.
If you follow a diet, you can use a low-calorie type of fermented milk product.
To prepare a tasty and healthy salad, grate 2-3 carrots on a grater.
Mix with grated or finely chopped apple, in the end, fill the dish with vegetable oil and lemon juice.
Apple can be replaced with kiwi, orange or grapefruit.
Useful properties of carrots are known since ancient times. To our days have come unique recipes of traditional medicine, helping with various problems and pathologies.
The most effective and common carrot-based recipes are the following:
- Carrot juice is recommended to be applied to the eyelids for several minutes to relieve tension, after prolonged exertion, to eliminate inflammation and continue the activity without harm to the eyes.
- The use of raw whole carrots will help to strengthen the tooth enamel and gum, providing a mild massage effect and saturating the oral cavity with vitamins.
- When hemorrhoids are recommended to brew leaves of carrots and drink in the form of tea.
- To get rid of urolithiasis, it is necessary to mix the carrot juice obtained with a meat grinder or juicer, with honey or sugar to taste.
Adult dose - 4 times a day for 1 tablespoon, for children - 1 tablespoon 4 times during the day.
- For cirrhosis, it is recommended to drink ½ cup of carrot juice 3-4 times a day.
- To get rid of thrush( treatment of women in folk remedies) it is useful to do regular syringing with freshly squeezed carrot juice, diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 1.
For maximum effect, it is recommended to follow the rules of preparation of recipes and dosage of medicinal products of traditional medicine.
Before using, you should consult a specialist, especially if you have a history of various ailments.
Application in cosmetology
In its pure form, carrot juice can save freckles and acne( about the use of laundry soap is written here).
To do this, you should regularly wipe your face with carrot juice or a mixture with the addition of lemon juice.
Mask of cottage cheese with mashed carrots will give the face skin a healthy, fresh look, and will also have a nutritional effect.
For excessive fatness of hair it is recommended 2-3 hours before washing the head to rub the carrot juice into the skin.
From wrinkles will help to get rid of a lot of rice flour, curdled milk, carrot and lemon juice.
To strengthen and shine hair( how to use caraway oil written here), it is necessary to carry out rinsing after washing with the help of decoctions of the tops of carrots.
After the procedure you need to wrap your hair for 1 hour. Flushing is not required.
For giving the skin a shade similar to sunburn, you can wipe in the morning skin mixture obtained by mixing 1 tablespoon of glycerin with 2 tablespoons of juice.
With any type of fading or very sensitive skin, it is useful to wipe the carrot juice 2 times in 7 days.
Juice root is useful to wipe your lips.
Benefits for children
Of particular importance is the intake of carrots into the body of a baby - a source of vitamin A, before and after birth.
The component contributes to the growth and proper development of children of any age.
Pediatricians recommend carrots as the first vegetable that is introduced into the baby's diet.
Selection and storage of
In spring, you can buy young, small carrots with a tender and mild taste.
In the summer - with a sharper taste, the sweetest - in the fall and at the beginning of the winter period.
For maximum benefit to the body from eating carrots, it is necessary to choose the following criteria:
- the surface should be smooth, smooth and firm;
- best weight - about 150 grams - piece;
- the tip must be greenish;
- color, indicating the health of root vegetables, bright orange.
Root crops should not be sluggish, have signs of rotting and spoilage.
The growth is a sign of a sick carrot with the presence of harmful nitrates.
After purchase, it must be cleaned of dirt and wiped.
Store recommended in a plastic bag, in a refrigerator, in the coldest compartment.
Shelf life in this way - no more than 14 days.
It is undesirable for carrots to lie next to apples, in order to avoid the acquisition of a bitter taste.
The ideal storage temperature is from 0 degrees to +5.
Grated carrot can be stored in a freezer, almost all winter.
Before cooking, the carrots should be cleaned again of dust and dirt, and also remove the "eyes".
Contraindications and side effects of
Despite the rich composition and a range of useful properties, there are certain contraindications to the use of carrots.
It is not recommended to include it in the diet in the following diseases:
- Gastric ulcer( how to cure at home is written in this article) and duodenal ulcer in the acute stage.
- Gastritis( symptoms of erosive) with high acidity.
- Inflammation of the small intestine.
- Stones in the kidneys( about the ancient prescription for treatment with millet and contraindications read here).
- Individual intolerance.
Excessive consumption of carrots daily can lead to yellowing of the skin caused by the body's inability to quickly convert excess carotene to vitamin A.
This phenomenon, especially, is often observed in childhood.
On average, a discoloration of the skin can be observed after the inclusion of 5 glasses of carrot juice in the diet for 1 week.
Symptoms of overdose include lethargy, headache, vomiting and nausea.
Carrots are a useful and delicious root vegetable that can help prevent and get rid of many diseases of various organs and systems of man.
Watch a video about the benefits and harms of carrots for human health. How to take root: in fresh or cooked.