The knee joint is subjected to constant loads. He is constantly in motion, it affects the entire mass of the body. Unpleasant sensations can occur in any part of the joint. But most often there is pain in the knee from the inside.
- Causes of pain
- After trauma
- Because of inflammatory processes
- Diagnosis and treatment
- How to treat the disease with medicines
- Traditional methods of treatment
Pain under the knee from behind: causes and treatment Why there is pain in the knee when walking down the stairs The knee hurts when bending and unbending: the causes and treatment of the disease Which doctor heals knee pain Tumor and knee pain when flexing: how to treat?
Causes of pain
We will consider the most common reasons why knee pain may occur.
With discomfort in the knee joints, people of any age can be confronted. Often the ailment develops after a fall.
What traumas cause pain in the knees:
- rupture of ligament - there is a sharp pain, the knee instantly swells, walking and any movement is painful;
- trauma of the meniscus - the leg does not straighten, the person experiences severe pain, can not move independently;
- dislocation of the kneecap - in the knee there is a constant discomfort, the joint is modified;
- hemarthrosis - the joint cavity is filled with blood, the knee swells, unpleasant sensations appear during walking;
- damaged lateral ligament - can cause immobility of the knee, when pressed, there is a sharp pain.
The first help in case of trauma is a cold compress. With severe swelling, deformity, immobility of the joint, clicks when walking, lameness requires urgent medical attention.
Important!Severe injuries of the knee joint require surgical intervention. Also, maybe you are wondering why there is pain under the knee from behind and how to treat it.
Because of inflammatory processes
The knee can suffer not only during the fall. Many articular inflammatory diseases can lead to pain in the knee.
Arthritis causes an increase in temperature in the joint, swelling, there is a general malaise. Pain can affect the outer and inner side of the knee. The disease takes a long time, the cartilage and ligaments are affected. Treatment should be started immediately, as rheumatoid arthritis can develop.
- If you crunch and walk on the stairs constantly hear a crunch and clicks - this indicates the development of arthrosis (for more information about knee pain while walking the stairs, see our article). Unpleasant sensations, aching pain intensify in the morning after awakening. The ailment is constantly progressing, is chronic. Without proper treatment, the cartilage is destroyed, the joint loses mobility.
- With synovitis, severe pain arises, the joint is swollen due to the accumulation of synovial fluid.
- Tendonitis (inflammation of the tendon of the patella) develops against a background of constant loads, incorrect posture. The disease is accompanied by severe pain, the joint is not moving well.
- Cystic formations for a long time do not cause much discomfort. But over time, the cyst grows, there are unpleasant sensations when flexing. Neoplasm complicates the movement of blood, there are swelling, heaviness in the legs, numbness, thrombophlebitis.
- The most difficult disease of the knees is Hoff's disease. The disease is accompanied by severe permanent pain.
Important!In children, pain in the knee can be caused by rickets, which softens, destroys the bones. It is required to proceed immediately to treatment, because the ailment does not give the joint the right development.
Diagnosis and treatment
With a strong and constant discomfort in your knees, you need to know what kind of doctor to turn to.
- Rheumatologist treats diseases of joints, bones, muscles. He will be able to determine the cause of the pain, choose the treatment, rehabilitation measures.
- It is possible to address and to the traumatologist. He deals with joint problems, bruises, problems with ligaments.
- The physiotherapist appoints special gymnastics, which contributes to the restoration and preservation of motor abilities.
Before treating, the doctor will prescribe a full diagnosis - ultrasound, MRI and x-ray of the knee joint.
How to treat the disease with medicines
The scheme of treatment of pain in the knee at home depends on the cause of the disease. In case of injuries, the damaged joint is fixed with a tight bandage, gypsum or tire. The load on the leg should be reduced, moving with a cane or crutches.
To stop pain and eliminate inflammation use anti-inflammatory non-steroid drugs.
Effective non-steroid preparations:
These drugs have many side effects and contraindications, so do not take them long.
- If the pain is unbearable, medications can be injected directly into the cavity of the inflamed joint. Quickly removes the pain syndrome kenalog, diprospan.
- Ointments are used as an additional method of treatment, since their absorption is low. For local therapy, voltarene gel, menovazine can be used.
- For the treatment of joint diseases using chondroprotectors, which help restore cartilaginous tissue - artra, teraflex.
In addition to the treatment with ointments and tablets, physiotherapy, massage, physiotherapy exercises are prescribed.
Important!Sometimes pain in the knee from the inside can be caused by overwork.
Traditional methods of treatment
Treatment with folk remedies can eliminate painful sensations, foci of inflammation, crunch in the joints.
To get rid of muscle and joint pain will help soda bath. For 5 liters of warm water, add 75 g of soda. Water should reach the knees, the procedure lasts a quarter of an hour. You can moisten the tissue in this solution and make a compress on the knee.
To get rid of the crunch in the joints, you can make orange jelly from 300 ml of orange juice and 25 g of gelatin
Tincture from flowers of horse chestnut
Chestnut-based products eliminate joint inflammation and swelling. You can use inflorescences, peel and fruits of the tree.
- Collect inflorescences, dry the day.
- Dried flowers (10 g) filled with vodka (250 ml).
- Remove the container in a dark place for 2 weeks.
The resulting means to lubricate the knees after waking up and before going to bed.
This drug should not be used under reduced pressure and diabetes.
- Fruit chestnut (5 pcs.) Carefully chop, pour 470 ml of vodka. Insist for a week, shake daily.
- Take three drops throughout the day for 30 drops. Course - 10 days. Repeated treatment can be done after a three-day break.
To prevent serious problems with the knees, you need to monitor the weight, wear comfortable shoes. Varicosity should be treated at the first manifestation of the disease.
For preventive purposes, it is necessary to do exercises that strengthen the muscles of the limbs, eliminate swelling, normalize the movement of blood in the limbs. Every day, massage the thighs and lower legs, and rest your legs in time.
Without healthy knees it is impossible to move fully. Launched ailments can make a person disabled. Only timely diagnosis and treatment can guarantee the joints normal mobility and the absence of unpleasant sensations.