Icelandic moss is a plant rich in vitamins, polysaccharides and other useful substances. It grows on the surface of the soil and on the bark of trees. This plant is widely used in medicine, therefore it is used for the treatment of colds. But the most popular is Icelandic moss from cough.
- Moss Icelandic: medicinal properties
- Medicines based on plants
- Cough Recipes
- Application of medicines based on plants for children
- Contraindications to the use of Icelandic moss
- Prevention of diseases with the help of plants
The healing properties of Icelandic moss We treat diseases with Icelandic moss Icelandic moss application Icelandic moss (cetrarium): a photo of a plant We apply for treatment syrup with Icelandic moss
Moss Icelandic: medicinal properties
This plant has a wide range of effects on the body, if applied in medicine. It can provide such therapeutic actions:
- normalization of the gastrointestinal tract, restoration of the mucous membrane after gastritis;
- treatment of constipation;
- use as compresses or lotions helps to treat purulent wounds, cuts and other injuries;
- treatment of diseases of the respiratory system and colds;
- as a natural antibiotic used for tuberculosis.
In general, the plant strengthens the body and increases immunity, and also normalizes the functioning of the thyroid gland.
Medicines based on plants
Modern pharmacology actively uses this plant as a basis for the production of medicines for cough. So, the grass of the Icelandic moss is made in such forms:
- Cough syrup with Icelandic moss. This drug productively cures cough caused by colds or ARVI. The active ingredients that make up the plant remove inflammatory processes from the nasopharynx. It has antibacterial action and strengthens the body. Both adults and children can apply in the fight against the disease. A detailed instruction will inform you about the dosage of the drug. The average price in Ukraine is 100 UAH. In Russia, you can buy a syrup for 300 rubles.
- Pills. They are used in the treatment of bronchitis and other lung diseases. Have antibacterial action. In Russia you can buy such tablets for 2400 rubles. In Ukraine, the cost is approximately 90 UAH.
- Cough lozenges. They have a complex effect on the body, namely they have protective, antibacterial and enveloping properties. Eliminates not only a cough, but hoarseness in the throat. Can be used for children, because they do not contain harmful dyes, thereby leaving the gastrointestinal tract in a normal state. You can buy in Ukraine for about 120 UAH. For Russia, the price is about 430 rubles.
It is important to know!Not every pharmacy can find such drugs! But there is always an opportunity to order via the Internet with delivery anywhere in the country.
How to cook Icelandic moss from a cough at home? Alternative medicine offers many ways to treat cough with this plant. The technology of preparation depends on the type of disease.
For cooking, 4 tbsp. l. of this plant. Pour 2 cups of boiling water and leave to simmer on a slow fire for about 5 minutes. After cooling, strain and use 5 tbsp. l. received broth 3 times a day.
How correctly to make tea at disease? This will take 1 hour. l. the original plant and thyme, you should pour 1 cup of boiling water. Insist about 5 minutes, as a result, you can drink the tea. The procedure should be repeated 3 times a day. Very effective medicine for children.
How to brew medicine for bronchitis? You should take 1 glass of milk and 1 tbsp. l. Icelandic moss and place in a small saucepan. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Prepared medication should be consumed 1 glass a day, preferably before bedtime.
If the cough comes with attacks, then you can use the medication to drain the phlegm. To prepare, you need 40 g of the original ingredient, pour 1 cup of medical alcohol. Leave in a cool dark place for 1 week. After the time has passed, take the tincture for 1 hour. l. 2 times a day.
This disease can be treated with a decoction. To do this, take 2 tbsp. l. crushed moss, pour 1 glass of hot water. Put on a fire and bring to a boil. Infuse 1 hour. Take 2 tbsp. l. 5 times a day. Duration of treatment takes approximately 10 days. Then take a break of 3 days and, if necessary, repeat the course of admission.
With this manifestation of allergies, 2 tbsp. l. crushed plant and 1 liter of purified water. Put on fire, bring to a boil. Then cover with a lid and simmer over a small fire for about 1 hour. Ready-made broth should have a viscous consistency. Strain and put in the refrigerator. Use 0.5 l during the day. If the prepared medicine is unpleasant to drink because of its specific taste, it can be diluted with a small amount of water.
It will take 2 tbsp. l. ground ingredient and 0.5 liters of milk. Put on the fire, bring to a boil, leave to cook for 30 minutes. Cook the medicine to drain, use 100 ml 2 times a day.
These recipes are ideal for children coughing. But only those that do not contain alcohol. If the child refuses to take the medicine because of a specific bitter taste, then it is better to replace the water in recipes with milk.
Important to remember!Before applying Icelandic moss to cough, consult a specialist! Self-medication can aggravate the course of the disease, and the doctor will be able to suggest the correct dosage.
Application of medicines based on plants for children
Since Icelandic moss does not have significant contra-indications, it will be very useful for the child to take preparations based on this plant. But, nevertheless, the pediatrician's recommendation will not be superfluous. After all, the health of the child is very important for his future.
Since the plant has an unpleasant bitter taste, not every child is ready to use medicines based on it. The most ideal variant - to buy in a drugstore a syrup at a cough with the Icelandic moss. It has a sweet taste, so children will eat it without problems.
Contraindications to the use of Icelandic moss
This plant has only one contraindication - for people with individual intolerance to the components of moss. Other groups of people can use it for any purpose, because a wide range of actions allows you to do this. Women during pregnancy are very difficult to choose a drug for cough. In this case, Icelandic moss can be an ideal tool.
People with diabetes better to use the plant in its natural form, rather than syrup or lozenges. After all, pharmacy products contain a certain amount of sugar, which is dangerous for people with such a disease.
Important to remember!Despite its properties, consultation of a specialist about the use of plants will not be superfluous!
Prevention of diseases with the help of plants
Moss can be used not only for treatment, but also for the prevention of colds. To do this, prepare tea based on the plant, also adding mint, marigold flowers, St. John's wort and other medicinal plants. Such teas can be consumed in unlimited quantities, which will help boost the immune system, give activity and vivacity every day.