Regardless of age, children may develop digestive disorders. In childhood, these disorders are not something exceptional and arise even when taking a common product. All because the immune system of the child is not yet able to cope with all the annoying factors. It is useful for parents to know how to treat poisoning in children at home.
- Food poisoning in the child - Dr. Komarovsky (video)
- First Aid
- Medicines for poisoning
- Decoctions for soldering
- Ginger tea
- Read more about the reconstitution diet
- Effective national recipes
- Tincture of cinnamon
- Dill with honey
- Lemon juice
- Other poisoning in children
- Symptoms of poisoning with naphthyzine
- Poisoning with naphthyzine - treatment
- Consequences of poisoning
- Poisoning with gasoline in children
- Poisoning with phenazepam
Signs and symptoms of appendicitis in women Skin allergy: treatment with antihistamines What is the norm of hemoglobin in children - see the table by age The causes of high hemoglobin in women, how to treat Concussion in children - signs and treatment
Important!Those foods to which the stomach of an adult is completely calm, the child can cause severe poisoning. If there are signs of such a condition, to take measures of treatment should be immediately.
The treatment of poisoning at home can be said in those situations when it manifests itself in its mild form. But, if the child is less than five years old, even with mild diarrhea, you should consult a doctor. Often poisoning leads to dehydration of the child's body, and it poses a serious danger.
In what situations is it necessary to consult a doctor:
- Diarrhea does not last for two days;
- a frequent stool is accompanied by vomiting. Vomit contains bile, blood;
- against the background of diarrhea, the child is very dizzy, there is perspiration, he is pale;
- frequent and intermittent breathing, palpitations;
- severe and severe pain in the abdomen;
- in fecal masses there are impurities of blood, mucus;
- the child is so weak that he can not stand and sit alone;
- there are convulsions of the muscles of the limbs;
- sight is broken, flies flashed before my eyes.
Important!Half an hour after eating, the first signs of poisoning appear. In rare cases, they linger and come in two hours. If the symptoms appear later, then it is not about the food, but about bacterial or infectious poisoning.
Food poisoning in the child - Dr. Komarovsky (video)
The famous doctor Komarovsky advises that when symptoms of food poisoning need to see a doctor:
- at elevated temperature;
- signs of food poisoning do not pass within 24 hours;
- the child is less than 3 years old and when the whole family is poisoned.
If less than half an hour later you have taken an unsuitable product - you need to induce vomiting if you can not, then drink activated charcoal. Do not give the child to eat, but at the same time drink more water. Give the baby a solution of Regidron. From the temperature give Paracetamol, Nurofen, Panadol.
The child must necessarily be put in bed and give him plenty of water with the addition of a small amount of lemon juice. You can also drink a weak tea with honey or sugar, not carbonated mineral water. A lot of fluid is needed to prevent dehydration.
Important!We must try to keep the temperature of the drink close to body temperature. So the liquid is absorbed more quickly in the digestive tract.
Call a doctor if the poisoning is severe or the child is less than five years old. While waiting for the doctor, you can take activated charcoal. One tablet is calculated for 10 kg of weight. With painful sensations, you can massage the abdomen over the navel.
Medicines for poisoning
The main pill for poisoning is activated charcoal. Give 1 tablet per 10 kg of the baby's weight. Overdose of coal can not be. Therefore, if you gave the required amount of coal, and the child snatched, you can give them again.
It is necessary to restore the intestinal microflora:
- Linex, Yogurt, Acipol and other preparations containing lactobacilli and bifidumbacterin.
- Festal, Mezim promotes the breakdown of proteins and fats in the body.
- Relieves spasms when poisoning No-shpa.
Important!Provide first aid, but do not self-medicate, call an ambulance.
Decoctions for soldering
What herbal teas will help:
- Dill seeds;
- Oak bark;
- infusion of althea roots;
Important!To prepare any kind of broth requires a tablespoon of raw material pour a glass of boiling water, let it brew and cool slightly. To improve the taste, you can add a little honey.
To a tablespoon of ginger powder (or grated root) add a glass of boiling water. Leave until the tea is warm, add a small spoonful of honey. Drink every hour on a tablespoon.
Do not need to force the child to eat violently with digestive problems. An important contribution to how to treat poisoning in children at home is made by a restorative diet.
Read more about the reconstitution diet
Within six hours after poisoning you can not eat. Then give the child only liquid or mashed food. To eat it is necessary fractional, up to eight times a day. Necessarily in the period when home treatment of poisoning in children is conducted, it is necessary to refuse sweet, dairy nutrition, from fresh bread, fatty foods. This provokes the processes of fermentation in the intestine, which do not benefit from recovery.
You can make porridge on water, mashed vegetable soups, mashed boiled meat. Bread can be eaten, but yesterday, sour-milk products are allowed. Within three weeks after recovery, one should try to exclude from the ration of the child fried and fatty, not to give raw vegetables and fruits. But you can drink juices after recovery.
Effective national recipes
Tincture of cinnamon
Cinnamon helps to remove spasms, being a natural sorbent. You need half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to pour boiling water, mix. Leave for a quarter of an hour, then drain. Take in warm form in small sips. During the day you need to drink a half liter of tincture.
Dill with honey
This broth will rapidly remove toxins, facilitate the state of vomiting, until complete relief. Honey will help to keep potassium, which when diarrhea is actively excreted from the body. It is necessary to pour a teaspoon of dill seeds 400 ml of boiling water. Leave for a few minutes, boil for two minutes, add a small spoonful of honey. Drink in warm form in the amount of liter per day.
Squeeze the juice from three lemons, dilute with water, add sugar or honey to taste. Drink a volley to stop the multiplication of pathogens. But this method of treatment does not work with increased acidity of the stomach, gastrointestinal diseases.
What will help in the prevention of food poisoning in children:
- Teach your child to wash hands before eating.
- Do not give the baby unprocessed food thermally.
- Children should not eat raw eggs, omelette soft-boiled or glazed.
- View and check the expiration dates of the products.
- Open dairy products are prohibited for over 24 hours, even in the refrigerator.
- Fish and meat should not be stored with other foods. In the refrigerator for animal food, separate shelves should be allocated.
- Fruit wash with soap in running water.
- Only drink bottled water.
- Products do not store in the room: all the leftovers of food are hidden in the refrigerator.
- Even sweets should be fresh.
Other poisoning in children
Separately it is necessary to say about the poisoning of children with naphthyzine because parents often use it for the treatment of a cold in children.
Symptoms of poisoning with naphthyzine
The first symptoms of an overdose are:
- weak state, lethargy, loss of strength, whims;
- headaches, pains and cramps in the abdomen;
- nausea, vomiting, temperature below 36.6;
- low heart rate, low blood pressure;
- loss of appetite, a constant desire to sleep;
- pupils become slightly smaller;
- pallor, change of the skin (wet, cold skin).
All symptoms should be carefully monitored and first aid provided.
Poisoning with naphthyzine - treatment
The first and second degree of poisoning does not require first aid. At the third degree it is necessary to call a medical team urgently. At the first signs of poisoning it is necessary:
- Watch out so that the child does not lose consciousness;
- give more water (boiled);
- Monitor breathing and heart rate;
- to cover the child with a warm blanket;
- to control pulsation.
When poisoning with this drug is administered intravenously an antidote. This antidote, the action of which depends on the precise definition of the substance (the cause) and how quickly assistance is given. He has the right to give only a doctor. Call an ambulance. An incorrect dose of the drug is fatal for the child. Calculate the dose, depending on the body weight.
Consequences of poisoning
Overdose Naphthyzin leads to severe consequences if you do not respond to the symptoms in time. Cases of destruction of the central nervous system, coma have been recorded. Frequent cases of side effects: poisoning. Do not leave the drug in an accessible place for children. Do not exceed the dose, the drug is addictive.
Poisoning with gasoline in children
First of all, the child needs oxygen to lead him to the street or open all the windows and doors indoors. Do the injections Cititon, Cordiamin, glucose solution 5%. It is necessary to do a gastric lavage. It is recommended to take laxatives and put an enema.
Poisoning with phenazepam
Phenazepam is contraindicated in children under 18 years of age. From poisoning with phenazepam 20% of cases are fixed. Consequences of admission lead to deafness, hallucinations, inhibition, disorientation in space, coma. If the child is poisoned with phenazepam, you should give 3 liters of water, activated charcoal, monitor breathing, pressure and that he does not swallow his tongue.
These are the main options and the first methods of treating poisoning in a child at home. For young children, even in case of easy poisoning, it is necessary to call a doctor. Regardless of age, be able to provide the child with competent first aid.