Often people notice the strange reactions of the body to cereal products, but do not always take the need for treatment. Timely appeal to the doctor will relieve many difficulties. Therefore, it is important to understand the causes of the occurrence of such a disease, as an allergy to gluten, be able to competently fight it.
- All about allergies to gluten in adults and children
- Allergic to gluten, symptoms: how is it expressed?
- Allergic to gluten - how to determine?
- How to cure an allergy to gluten?
List of allergy pills Allergy to skin in adults: treatment with ointments Itching red spots on the skin: treatment of allergies Allergy to frost: what is it? Symptoms of cold allergy: effective treatment
All about allergies to gluten in adults and children
This kind of allergy is not very common, but many are sounding the alarm. In part this action is correct - the name of the disease has already become a speaker. After all, if there is a reaction, a person immediately goes to the doctor, and will not try to recover on his own. It is better not to abuse folk medicine without the permission of a specialist and not to use prescriptions from magazines independently.
In addition, there are varieties of this disease:
- allergic reaction.
Intolerance is due to a genetic factor and is not treated. Even prevention will not help, because the allergy will manifest itself. But the reaction can be cured by enhancing immunity, and also following a certain dietary diet.
Important!Self-medication is dangerous for your health.
Independently it is difficult to determine what actually caused the disease, what factor provoked it. You risk limiting yourself to eating, dooming you to eat forever. Diet, picked up without consulting a specialist, is not always effective.
The main causes of allergic reaction to gluten:
- early transition to products containing gluten (in infants);
- Depressive state, stress, fatigue, lack of healthy sleep;
- addiction to alcoholic beverages (beer contains a shock dose of gluten);
- weakening of immunity, prolonged use of antibiotics;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Allergic to gluten, symptoms: how is it expressed?
How does this disease manifest in a child? Remember that infants who are on HB can not get allergic to gluten. This substance is a protein that is not found in breast milk because it is foreign to any human body. Therefore, the disease provokes an early, incorrect transition to cereal products. Komarovsky often noted that often parents themselves are responsible for children's health problems.
Allergy to gluten during breastfeeding can not arise. Therefore, do not rush to change the baby's diet, without consulting the child's doctor. It may be necessary to take special tests to find out if the baby has a genetic intolerance or not. Sometimes a change of food is allowed after vaccination.
Children have an allergy much faster. This is due to weak immunity - it is precisely because of this that the negative reaction of the organism develops.
Common signs of the presence of such a disease:
- skin problems, redness, irritation, further peeling - all the symptoms of hives. Most photos show exactly these symptoms;
- disruption of the gastrointestinal tract - nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, arisen flatulence;
- increased irritability. At the child - tearfulness, capriciousness;
- loss of appetite, as a consequence - strong weight loss;
- also patients often disturbed by insomnia and dryness in the throat.
The allergy is famous for its catarrhal symptoms, but in this form they are rare, unless there are severe headaches and fever.
Important!If any of the above symptoms occur, see a doctor immediately. Diagnosis is the passage of special tests - skin tests. Could there be another procedure? It all depends on the individual characteristics of the patient, but often this is used.
Allergic to gluten - how to determine?
How to know if there is an allergy to gluten at home, how to identify it without a specialist? No, because diagnostics require certain equipment and a professional doctor.
One can not hesitate. For a child, this can be fatal - delays in development are expected, mental retardation may occur, which will significantly affect later life. The doctor will be able to solve the problem on time with the help of diagnostics:
- the specialist will ask questions about the nature of the illness, the term, ask for detailed descriptions of the symptoms, will ask if there is an allergy to gluten in one of the relatives;
- the delivery of tests is mandatory.
How to cure an allergy to gluten?
Treatment is usually performed as follows:
- a special diet is chosen, selected according to the data received from the patient, and also on the basis of research of his ailment;
- It is possible to take additional medications - vitamins to improve the immune system.
Diet with a similar reaction of the body has a fairly large list of banned or unrecommended products. Therefore, if the analysis shows an allergy, in no case can you change the diet yourself, because this can lead to bad consequences - up to lethal ones.
What you can not eat:
- products containing cereals and / or made on their basis: cereals, other dishes from wheat, barley, rye, oats;
- bakery and pasta;
- sweet products;
- too sharp, smoked food;
- milk, and also yoghurts;
- offal, sausages, sausage.
When there is an allergy to gluten and milk, "what to give" becomes an essential issue. A list of what to feed a patient with this ailment is allowed:
- porridge - buckwheat, rice, corn;
- vegetables, fruits of any kind;
- products with soy;
- cottage cheese;
- olive oil;
- lean meat (it is better not to give pork), fish.
Prevention of allergies to gluten is the careful use of cereals from infancy. In addition, it is recommended to follow the following rules, which help to maintain immunity:
- to lead a healthy lifestyle, there is only the right food without preservatives;
- perform simple physical exercises;
- take vitamins, after consulting with a doctor.
With the right and rational nutrition, you will not be bothered by this kind of allergy. Thanks to prevention, the absence of questions "how to check" and "how to treat" is guaranteed, because a healthy lifestyle is a guarantee of existence without skin rashes, headaches and stomach problems.