The appearance of swelling in the person, pain, dilated veins, bruising and a feeling of heaviness in the legs clearly indicate the problems of blood circulation.
For a better recognition of the causes of poor health, a normal medical examination is not enough. He can give only a general idea of the state of the blood flow system.
The vascular surgeon or phlebologist must correctly diagnose to know the depth of the veins and its precise localization. Only then can we talk about the operation, monitor the dynamics of treatment during the rehabilitation period, reduce to a minimum the risk of thrombosis.
- 1 What is
- 2 What is
- 2 ? What is
- 3 ? What is
- 4 ? How is the
- 5 performed? What is the
? What is it?
. It is better to recognize the problems with circulatory circulation early, at the very beginning of the disease. The difficulty is that its symptoms can be insignificant and quickly pass .An accurate picture of the condition of the veins can give a screening examination by ultrasound.
To examine the veins of the legs "from within" is possible with duplex scanning. This convoluted name of the method sounds much more complicated than the procedure itself, which reminds everyone of the famous ultrasound.
The movable image in two dimensions displayed on the monitor will show :
- blood flow in the veins;
- condition of vascular walls;
- operation of the valve system.
Based on the results of the survey, a decision is made about the medical measures of , the need for prompt intervention, the elimination of thrombi, and a post-operative treatment plan is drawn up.
Difference from ultrasound and ultrasound
The predecessor of modern dopplerography does not allow to make an assessment of the structural changes of of the vascular wall. With her help you can only know the speed and direction of the blood flow. Nor does it show the diameters of the lumen in the vessels.
Ultrasound of the lower limb veins - modern diagnostics of the vascular condition, combining two methods: standard and Doppler study of .It provides the most complete information for detecting a variety of diseases of the veins and excluding errors in the diagnosis.
This examination on the monitor reflects the tissues surrounding the vein, and the doctor sees where the sensor should be placed. Doppler ultrasound( USDG) assumes a "blind" choice of the sensor setting, guided by anatomical knowledge of the possible projection of veins.
Thanks to the USDG it is possible to identify a risk group for vein dilatation or thrombosis, that is, potential patients predisposed to diseases. Duplex scanning finds out the causes of the obstruction of the circulatory system , gives information about the valves of the veins.
UZDG shows that the permeability of the veins is impaired, and when a duplex examination reveals the source of the disease, determine the causes of varicose veins, thrombosis or their relapse after surgery and subsequent treatment. And the success of therapy directly depends on this. Determining the stage of development of the pathology allows to estimate the dynamics of the disease.
Image with ultrasound duplex scanning of the arteries and veins of the lower limbs color.
Duplex scanning of lower limb veins is prescribed when patients complain of symptoms of circulatory system disorders:
- presence of trophic ulcers;
- convulsive attacks in the legs;
- asystole, lack of pulse in the legs;
- a causeless occurrence of bruises;
- tenderness when walking and at rest is not joint;
- appearance of vascular pattern, areas of pigmentation, hyperemia or blanching of the surface of the skin on the legs;
- cold in the legs, numbness of the feet.
The indication for the survey can be other complaints:
- pressure jumps;
- migraine attacks;
- flickering flies before the eyes;
- dizziness when at rest and when walking;
- neck trauma or pain in her area.
There is an risk group for people on the professional basis of , which is important to undergo annual study of leg veins:
- catering workers;
- office staff;
- waiters and others, whose activities are associated with long sitting or walking.
It is advisable for women with who have had vascular problems before, especially if they have a caesarean section.
is performed duplex scanning does not require special preparation of the , the procedure is performed on an outpatient basis, the physician should be able to approach the patient's thighs, so it is necessary to remove clothing located below the waist.
At the beginning of the session, the doctor applies a gel-smeared sensor of the apparatus to the lying patient in turn to the feet. During the movement of the sensor, the doctor asks you to change position or hold your breath for a closer look at certain areas.
In conclusion, the survey is standing , this gives additional information. The entire procedure is carried out for 45 minutes, it is completely painless.
Learn more about the method from the video:
Decoding of the received data
The result of the scan is information in the form of color cartograms or Doppler spectra, which characterizes the tone of the wall of the blood channels and the degree of peripheral resistance.
The norm is:
- lumen anechogenous;
- it has valve flaps;
- the vein walls are elastic, even, up to two millimeters thick;
- the lumen of the deep vein should not be wider than the diameter of the same artery twice;
- in color mode, gray areas are not detected in the vessel, spontaneous blood flow in all vessels is visualized( if not in small ones it is within the limits of the norm);
- shows synchronization of blood flow with movements of the chest during breathing.
When carrying out functional tests:
- , blood flow increases with a sigh;
- in the color spectrum, venous blood flow disappears under tension;
- with a deep breath with a delay in breathing and tension, an increase in the diameter of the femoral, iliac and inferior vena cava is no more than 15%.
Symptoms of thrombosis:
- the diameter of the vessel does not change when squeezed by the sensor;
- lumen does not change during breathing and straining;
- a thrombus in B-mode is viewed( two-dimensional image);
- valve flaps of increased echogenicity( the term denoting the density of the
tissue), low mobility, there is no complete fit to the wall;
- wall thickness is more than 4 mm.
As a result of examination, such diseases are diagnosed with great accuracy:
- abnormalities of veins development;
- interstitial fistulas;
- varicose disease;
- postthrombophlebitic syndrome;
- traumatic lesions of veins;
- chronic failure of venous function;
- thrombosis of the venous network, its stage and nature.
It is also possible to assess the effectiveness of treatment, surgical or invasive interventions already performed.
The procedure can be performed at any time , it is not dependent on food intake or medications. Absence of contraindications makes this procedure possible for everyone without exception, regardless of age.
The effectiveness of the survey depends on the level of equipment, qualifications and experience of the physician. It is enough to make a choice in favor of a good medical institution and you can get full information about your health.
The average price of such a survey in Russia is from 1800 to 2500 rubles .Since the technique is up-to-date, neither clinic has the necessary equipment and is a professional operator for the procedure. However, solid organizations are striving for this.
Duplex scanning of lower limb vessels is widely used in medical diagnostics, it is considered the most reliable, accurate and informative method. With its help it is possible to detect the disease before the onset of symptoms, and this gives the patient a chance to stop the development of the disease, avoid complications and irreversible pathologies, starting timely treatment.