In sinusitis, the maxillary sinuses become inflamed. Most often, it develops as a result of a viral or bacterial disease. Antibiotics for sinusitis - the most effective means that will help stop the active reproduction and distribution of bacteria, destroy them. Thanks to the timely use of medications, the risk of complications is reduced. Recovery comes much faster.
- The use of antibiotics in adults
- Funds Overview
- Drops in the nose or spray
- Antibiotics for children
- Contraindications and side effects
Dangerous for sinusitis Symptoms, causes and treatment of odontogenic sinusitis Is it contagious for the people around - security rules Treatment of sinusitis with cyclamen - recipes at home Symptoms of sinusitis in children and how to treat it
The use of antibiotics in adults
Medicinal preparations for sinusitis are appointed in case of appearance of certain signs. The first thing a person will feel is a general malaise and weakness. With genyantritis there will be pain in the nasal sinuses. In addition, the body temperature rises.
Do not delay the visit to the doctor if you have these symptoms:
- Strong pressure inside the sinuses of the nose, which occurs when breathing.
- Appearance of mucous secretions. As the disease worsens, they can acquire a greenish tinge. With purulent sinusitis, the discharge becomes yellow.
- Pain sensations, which are localized in the area of the maxillary sinuses, are strengthened when the head is tilted. Since morning the pain subsides, by the evening it is growing.
- Body temperature can reach 39 degrees. Chronic sinusitis occurs without fever or with subfebrile hyperthermia.
Important! When these symptoms occur, a person should go to a medical facility. In genyantritis adults use radiography to establish the correct diagnosis. Thanks to the picture, you can see accumulated pus in the sinuses and its volume.
Previously, only the puncture method (sinus puncture) was used for treatment. It is characterized by pain and a risk of complications.
Modern medical treatment includes the use of antibiotics. To find the most effective means, a person must pass a special smear. It will help determine the nature of the bacteria that triggered the onset of the disease. During this procedure, a person will not experience pain or other discomfort. From the root cause of the disease depends on the choice of a suitable antibiotic.
There are several main groups of drugs that are prescribed by the otolaryngologist for the removal of sinusitis. It is very important to follow the process of recovery. If 2-3 days after the start of antibiotic intake there is no change for the better, the drug should be replaced. But do it yourself is not worth it. Any remedy should be assigned or canceled only by a qualified technician.
The main groups of antibiotics that are prescribed for the treatment of sinusitis include:
- Penicillins. Preparations of this group are the most common and effective medicines for sinusitis and sinusitis.
- Macrolides. Their doctor appoints in case of individual intolerance of drugs with penicillin in the composition.
- Fluoroquinolones. This medicine is a new generation. They are of a synthetic nature. Effective, but the risk of side effects is great.
- Cephalosporins. Usually prescribed when inflammation is strong, acute nature, there are no positive shifts in the treatment of other antibiotics.
Important! The doctor will determine the cause of sinusitis, establish the pathogen, individual characteristics of the body, the presence of allergies or other diseases in humans. Only after that, he will be able to prescribe effective medications to eliminate sinusitis.
At a genyantritis at adults use tablets and injections more often.
This is the simplest and most convenient form for taking antibiotics. The cost of tablets is usually low, which allows you to assign them to people with different income levels.
The following tablets are often prescribed:
- Augmentin. The drug refers to semisynthetic aminopenicillins. The composition includes two substances - amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. It is an antibiotic with a wide spectrum of action. It is not recommended to take more than two weeks. May provoke the appearance of vomiting, nausea, indigestion.
- Macropean. Refers to the macrolide group. It will help to get rid of pneumococcus, as well as hemophilic rod. How many days to drink medicine, the doctor will appoint. It should be taken strictly after meals.
- Sumamed. One of the modern and effective antibiotics related to macrolides. Duration of treatment is 5 days.
- Flemoxin Solutab. Take this drug from the penicillin group according to the scheme appointed by the otolaryngologist.
- Amoxiclav and its analogues. These are semi-synthetic low-cost penicillin preparations that will quickly destroy bacteria. They are good for adults and children.
- Zitrolide. Effective antibiotic from the group of macrolides.
The positive effect of drugs should come 1-2 days after the beginning of their admission. If this does not happen within 72 hours, then correction of therapy is needed. This drug is not suitable for the treatment of sinusitis.
Appointed with a severe form of sinusitis, severe purulent inflammation. Medications injected into the muscle and into the vein, quickly reach the goal, immediately have a positive effect.
- Ceftriaxone. Assign for acute sinusitis. The product is sold in vials in the form of a powder, from which a solution for intramuscular injection is prepared. The drug is not recommended for pregnancy.
- Cefazolin. Produced in vials. Has a strong antimicrobial effect. It should be used with caution, as after its introduction, allergies and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract may appear.
Drops in the nose or spray
The doctor prescribes these medications at home. These include:
- Isophra. A spray that can be used instead of injections or tablets. The means must necessarily irrigate every nostril. Before use, the nose is completely cleared of accumulated mucus. In 7 days there will come an improvement.
- Polidex with phenylephrine. Has antibacterial and vasoconstrictive effect. Treatment takes 1 week.
Antibiotics are prescribed usually with excretions with pus, high temperature and strong pain sensations.
Important! Very often people are interested in: "Is it possible to cure maxillary sinusitis without antibiotics?" At an early stage, the disease is eliminated by washing or burying the nose, inhalations or methods of traditional medicine. But before using them, you need to consult an otolaryngologist. Sinusitis of medium severity or neglected requires mandatory antibiotic therapy.
Antibiotics for children
With the development of sinusitis in children pediatricians try to prescribe antibiotic treatment only in severe cases. Usually this happens with neglected forms of the disease, when life and health of crumbs are exposed to increased danger. It is also advisable to use them during the transition of the disease to the chronic stage.
Important! Before applying such funds, parents are obliged to consult a doctor. The prescription of medicines depends not only on the course of the disease and the symptoms that are manifested, but also on the age of the child.
Usually the otolaryngologist prescribes modern antibiotics of local action. That is, the activity of the drug is manifested only where the focus of infection is localized.
Bioparox has such properties. There are also analogues - Fusafungin and Geksoral. These are special sprays that act solely on the mucous membrane of the mouth and nose. They have almost no side effects. Antibiotics children appoint no more than 1 week. After Bioparox, dryness in the nasal cavity is often observed.
The most effective medicines for a child:
- Amoxicillin. If necessary, you can give even to newborns.
- Flemoxin Solutab. It includes an antibiotic amoxicillin.
- Polidex and Isofra. These are modern sprays. The first is used for children older than 2.5 years, and the second - from 1 year.
- Sumamed. The second name of the drug is azithromycin. It belongs to the group of macrolides. It is the least toxic of all kinds of antibiotics for children. Can be produced in the form of suspensions and tablets.
Also, the sick child should conduct special procedures at home. The most effective methods for children are:
- washing the nose;
Important! All therapies for sinusitis and otitis media are applied only after visiting a qualified specialist and consulting him. Complex treatment provides strict adherence to the prescribing physician's appointments.
Contraindications and side effects
With genyantritis and a front doctor does not always prescribe antibacterial therapy. For her, there must be strict testimony. These drugs can only exacerbate the course, for example, of viral sinusitis. This will delay recovery. Antibiotics will not have a positive effect in the following situations:
- the disease began as a result of an allergic reaction that developed into sinusitis;
- the disease is viral in nature;
- sinusitis acquired a chronic course.
In such situations, immunity begins to suffer, which leads to the development of complications and provokes other diseases.
To minimize the negative effects of antibiotics on the human body, the doctor can additionally prescribe probiotics and vitamins.
After some antibacterial drugs, the following side effects occur:
- disruption of the digestive tract;
- fungal infections;
- rashes of a different nature;
- general malaise.
Otolaryngologists unanimously assert that one should not engage in self-medication. When the first signs of maxillary sinusitis, you need to urgently seek medical help. Only qualified and experienced doctors will be able to establish the correct diagnosis and prescribe appropriate treatment.