The kiwi fruit has its name in honor of the bird of the same name, due to its external similarity with it. China is the birthplace of the fruit, but at the beginning of the 20th century the vines were brought to New Zealand, where the kiwis were successfully cultivated.
Gradually the fruit has become one of the most popular in the world. It began to grow in Italy, Greece, Iran and other countries with a warm climate. Fruits can ripen after they have been ripped from the creeper. This makes it possible to transport kiwi to any country in the world.
One fruit weighs about 100 grams. Fruits have a sweetish-sour taste and a delicate aroma. The color of the pulp varies from green to yellow. Kiwi has found application in cooking and cosmetology.
- Nutritional value and caloric value
- Useful properties
- Kiwi application in folk medicine
- How to choose the right fruit?
Kiwi is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals. It contains the following substances:
- vitamins B, C( this vitamin in the kiwifruit is larger than in citrus fruits) A, E, PP,
- minerals, including potassium, magnesium,iodine, sulfur, etc.,
- fruit acids,
The pulp and peel of kiwi contain antioxidants, which contribute to the fight against many diseases, including oncological neoplasms.
Nutritional value and calorific value of
In 100 grams of kiwi contains only 48 kilocalories. Of these, 9.8 - carbohydrates, 1.3 - proteins and 0.97 grams - fats.
Low calorie, sweetish-sour taste make kiwi a favorite fruit for those who want to lose weight.
Useful features of
- Fruit promotes the normalization of the cardiovascular system .The composition of the kiwi is a special enzyme, which is rich in magnesium, stimulating the work of the heart muscle. The fruit contributes to the breakdown of proteins, which normalizes blood coagulability. Potassium, which is part of the kiwi, regulates blood pressure and restores the balance of minerals in the body. Due to these properties, the fetus significantly reduces the risk of thrombosis and atherosclerosis.
- Kiwi normalizes the digestive system .The fetus improves the metabolism in the body and gently eliminates constipation. People suffering from intestinal obstruction should eat 1 fruit on an empty stomach. Vitamin B6, which is rich in kiwi, helps the food to digest better. Fruits eliminate heartburn, eructations and heaviness in the abdomen.
- Helps strengthen the immune system .Vitamin C, part of the fruit, increases immunity and has a beneficial effect on the entire body. It increases the resistance to infections, stimulates the regeneration of cells.
- Kiwi fruits are actively used in cosmetology .Fruit acids have a beneficial effect on the problem skin. An ordinary mask of kiwi tightens pores. Pigmented spots become lighter under its action. If you apply a mask to the scalp, you can accelerate hair growth and delay the appearance of gray hair. The kiwi pulp moisturizes and rejuvenates the face.
- Positive effect on the vision. The fruits contain enzymes zeaxanthin and lutein. They reduce the possibility of developing cataracts, since they are related to the human eye.
- Fruits remove from the body harmful substances ( toxins, slags, excess salts).This is achieved through the adsorption properties of kiwi. A high level of fiber helps to cleanse the body.
- Kiwi has gained popularity among people who want to lose weight .A small number of calories, a pleasant taste and a low sugar content made the fruit a constituent element of many diets. Fiber and enzymes that enter kiwi contribute to the breakdown of fats and speed up metabolism. Fruits have a diuretic and mild laxative effect. Often, people who lose weight, arrange unloading days on this juicy and fragrant fruit.
- Contains vitamin B6 or folic acid .Under its influence, a serotonin hormone is produced, "responsible" for joy. The use of kiwi helps to defeat seasonal depression and despondency.
Read about the benefits and harms of buckwheat for human health.
How to treat a diseased bone on the leg with the help of folk remedies? Learn from this article.
What if your knees hurt?http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva /sustavy/ bolyat-koleni.html
Kiwi is rich in vitamins and minerals, it has a number of useful properties. But this fruit can cause harm to health. It can not be used in the following cases:
- in diseases of the digestive system - gastritis and ulcers( see the treatment of stomach ulcers in this article);
- to people with irritable bowel syndrome - a fruit can cause severe diarrhea;
- persons with increased sensitivity to this fetus.
Kiwi contains a lot of vitamin C. Fruit abuse can lead to allergic reactions. An overdose of this vitamin can cause adrenal atrophy and visual impairment.
Kiwi application in folk medicine
During cold infections and peak epidemics of it is recommended to use kiwi to boost immunity. For this, take one ripe fruit, peel it and soften it. Mix kiwi with a teaspoon of lime honey. It is recommended to take this compound every evening, until the epidemic stops.
Traditional medicine advises the use of kiwi in the fight or prevention of avitaminosis .The recipe is used only in the summer when the strawberry grows. Take 100 - 150 grams of this berry, wash and cut it. Add one fruit of kiwi, pre-cut it into pieces. Season the salad with 2 teaspoons of honey. Use the mixture daily.
Kiwi helps with constipation of .To normalize the intestines, eat one fruit of the kiwi on an empty stomach every morning. Then you can eat 1 - 2 fig fruits( optional).After a few weeks, the stool is normalized, the defecation will pass gently and painlessly.
Kiwi cocktail will help to restore the body after colds .Prepare 3 carrots, 1 kiwi fruit and grind the products in a mixer. Add 200 milliliters of kefir and 1 large spoon of honey. Stir a cocktail well. This vitamin drink helps to strengthen the body.
Kiwi helps to lose weight .During the diet, you can make the following cocktail:
- take 2 kiwi fruit, peel and cut into pieces,
- squeeze the juice of two lemons,
- mix the resulting ingredients with 200 milliliters of kefir and beat the mixture in a blender,
- if you want, add a few leaves to the cocktailmint.
The resulting beverage contains a minimum of calories, improves metabolism and promotes mild bowel cleansing.
In case of frostbite or burns , wipe one fruit of kiwi on a grater, mix with a teaspoon of olive oil. Wipe the affected area with this mixture until completely convalescent.
Kiwi promotes the fight against the formation of thrombi .Eat 2 to 3 fetuses daily for a month. After 30 days, the level of fatty acids will decrease by 15%.
How to choose the right fruit?
When buying kiwi, the following rules should be observed:
- make sure that the fruit without dents and visible damage,
- buy medium sized kiwi - these fruits usually have better properties and taste qualities,
- when choosing kiwi, press on the fruit - if the fruit is hard, then itnot yet ripe. Ripe kiwi will be elastic, but not very hard.
Kiwi helps with many diseases, raises the mood, strengthens immunity. Nutritionists are advised to eat kiwi fruit during unloading days. Many doctors recommend to include this fruit in your diet. But do not over-eat kiwi, it can negatively affect a person's health.