From this article you will learn: Ascofen raises or lowers the pressure. Can it be taken at a reduced or elevated pressure.
How and why does Ascofen affect AD
Ascophene is a drug with antipyretic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. Also, it can briefly increase blood pressure and accelerate the heartbeat.
- As an antipyretic, it is used for diseases accompanied by high body temperature.
- As an analgesic - with mild or moderate pain in the muscles, joints, head, teeth, lower abdomen during menstruation.
- The drug also has an anti-inflammatory effect, which contributes to recovery, since diseases accompanied by pain and fever are often of an inflammatory nature.
Before taking this medication, consult a physician.
Ascofen contains 3 active ingredients:
- Acetylsalicylic acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effect.
- Paracetamol. Substance with severe antipyretic and analgesic, as well as a weak anti-inflammatory effect.
- Caffeine. Strengthens the therapeutic effect of the two main components. It also has a tonic effect on the central nervous system, the heart and blood vessels.
How and why Ascofen affects AD
The drug can temporarily raise blood pressure and speed up the heartbeat.
1 tablet contains 40 mg of caffeine. For comparison: in one cup of espresso there are 40-75 mg of this substance.
That is, the level of effects on the cardiovascular system from 1-2 tablets of Ascophene is about the same as from a cup of coffee.
The pressure can be increased by 5-8 mm Hg. Art.within 1-3 hours after taking the pill. However, this is a very small deviation from the norm, not dangerous for a healthy person.
If you regularly drink a small amount of coffee for many years, then your body may have become accustomed to caffeine, and Ascofen will not cause you to increase pressure at all.
A significant increase in it can occur with individual hypersensitivity to caffeine. With increased susceptibility of the body to this substance, you can not drink Ascophene.
Can I take with increased blood pressure
If you are hypertensive, consult your cardiologist before taking the medication. Reception of funds for its intended purpose( lowering the temperature, pain relief) is possible, but it is desirable to measure blood pressure 10-20 minutes after taking the pill. If it has significantly exceeded the norm, stop taking the drug.
Is it possible to drink under reduced pressure?
If you are hypotonic, you can use this tool. It can briefly increase your blood pressure, but it's not dangerous for the body.
Purposefully to take this medicine to increase the pressure, it is impossible, since the constant intake of paracetamol and acetylsalicylic acid without evidence harms health.
Can I take with other cardiovascular diseases
If you are taking Aspirin or other drugs of acetylsalicylic acid in connection with cardiac diseases, you are advised to drink Ascophene.
Also it can not be taken with hemorrhagic diathesis( tendency to bleed).