Aspirin asthma is one of the varieties of this disease, it occurs when using drugs based on acetylsalicylic acid and other anti-inflammatory analgesics. This form has its own diagnostic criteria, it is worth examining in what cases the disease arises, what symptoms it usually shows itself, what are the methods of treatment.
- What it is?
- Symptoms in adults
- Who heals
- Is it possible to cure aspirin asthma?
- Treatment of aspirin asthma
- How to treat ARI with aspirin asthma?
- What anesthetics can I do?
- Is it possible to prick lidocaine?
Attack of bronchial asthma - emergency help Get rid of asthma at home quickly and easily How to treat bronchial asthma in children - symptoms of the disease Diet for adults and children with bronchial asthma Bronchial asthma - causes and treatment in adults
What it is?
Aspirin bronchial asthma is not the most common form of this pathology. It develops due to the effect of acetylsalicylic acid on the body, while predicting a possible increased susceptibility to this substance is quite difficult.
According to statistics, the majority of cases are women aged 30 to 50 years. There is no reliable information on the hereditary transmission of a predisposition to this disease. In general, cases of aspirin form make up more than 20-40 percent of all cases of asthma, different sources give different information.
In children this disease usually does not occur so often, but such a probability exists. In general, in most cases, the presence of this disease is only determined when you start treatment of any condition with painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Aspirin asthma is characterized by a triad of symptoms, if it is not fully revealed, it is said of an incomplete triad. This triad is one of the main diagnostic criteria for this disease, if it is absent, it is impossible to speak about aspirin asthma in most cases. The triad usually includes the following features:
- inflammatory process on the nasal mucosa, usually leads to the appearance of rhinitis of different types;
- fits of complicated breathing, suffocation;
- detection of intolerance to aspirin and other anti-inflammatory analgesic non-steroid drugs.
Important!In some cases, the symptomatology of this disease is masked for allergic reactions.
Pathogenesis in this disease is a rather complex process, there are several theories why some people become too sensitive to acetylsalicylic acid. The formation of aspirin asthma is associated with metabolic processes in the body.
If the triad of aspirin asthma is absent, the cause of the symptoms may be in another. In general, if there are signs of bronchial asthma, you need to conduct a full-fledged examination, which will help to pinpoint the cause.
Symptoms in adults
The main symptom of this disease is shortness of breath, a violent cough that goes into choking, like any kind of asthma. The further, the heavier the symptoms become, especially if their main cause, the presence of acetylsalicylic acid, does not disappear.
This disease in most cases begins to develop with an inflammatory process in the nasopharynx. Usually it is a rhinitis, very often with the formation of polyps on the nasal mucosa. Also, with this form of asthma, the sick can note the following things:
- recently had to take anesthetic anti-inflammatory nonsteroid drugs, the symptoms begin to increase with the use of aspirin and other drugs;
- before asthma there was a period resembling a common cold, a trauma;
- Sometimes all of the above symptoms are accompanied by the appearance of rashes on the skin, usually they are a rash like hives;
- usually there is expiratory dyspnoea, when it becomes more difficult to exhale than to inhale.
If you have these symptoms, you should always consult a doctor. It is worth noting that these signs may be accompanied by other types of asthma, so before starting treatment requires a full diagnosis.
Important!If asthma is not treated, attacks of suffocation can become too intense, lead to loss of consciousness and even death.
If you have asthma attacks and signs of this disease, you can contact the otolaryngologist or directly to the lung specialist. It may be necessary to consult an allergist and other specialists.
Is it possible to cure aspirin asthma?
Most of the varieties of this pathology can not be completely cured, because they depend on the internal processes of the organism, which is extremely difficult to influence. However, avoiding irritants, taking anti-inflammatory drugs, selecting the appropriate treatment to stop attacks, you can bring the disease to a stable remission.
Treatment of aspirin asthma
Treatment of this disease is usually complex, it includes several different methods. They must necessarily be combined in order to achieve the most pronounced result:
- Diet. Some products contain acetylsalicylic acid, so they are advised to remove it from the diet. To such products usually include canned food, various meat semi-finished products, many citrus fruits, including mandarins, many varieties of nuts and berries, some vegetables. Also you can not drink beer, advise to avoid the dye tartrazine.
- Desensitization with aspirin asthma. This method is used if the indications can not completely exclude anti-inflammatory drugs. This method is based on the fact that immunity to aspirin grows if you take higher doses within 24-72 hours after the attack.
- Different drugs. They help to remove the effects of seizures. Usually, various agents are used against rhinitis, for the coping of asthma, leukotrene receptor antagonists are used: zafirlukast and other drugs that reduce the production of leukotrienes.
When polyps are formed in the nose, surgical removal may be required. In general, the treatment plan may vary depending on the indications. Therapy of asthma can be done solely under the supervision of a doctor.
Antibiotics for this disease are usually not prescribed, they can be used if due to rhinitis, there is an infection of the respiratory tract and nasopharynx. The use of such drugs is not prohibited for this type of asthma.
How to treat ARI with aspirin asthma?
Than to knock down temperature at an aspirin asthma? During catarrhal diseases, it is difficult to do without anesthetics and anti-inflammatory drugs. If you want to bring down the temperature, you can do with more simple means: for example, cold compresses, liquids, ordinary water, in large quantities.
If the disease can not do without anti-inflammatory drugs of this series, it is desirable to turn to the method of dissentification. If there is evidence, they always try to implement it.
What anesthetics can I do?
Since most pain medications for this disease are banned, it is difficult to find the right medicine. In most cases, if you do without aspirin and similar drugs is not possible, requires dysentification.
Usually hormone pain relievers, based on steroids, are allowed. However, it should be borne in mind that such drugs can usually be used exclusively on prescription. In general, with aspirin asthma, care must be taken when selecting drugs against heat and pain. In some cases, when taking painkillers, antihistamines are prescribed to help alleviate the symptoms of aspirin asthma.
Is it possible to prick lidocaine?
Studies show that lidocaine does not worsen the condition of patients with asthma aspirin form. Therefore, it can be used as an anesthetic. However, it is worth noting that you need to strictly comply with dosage, before starting treatment, you must always consult a doctor.