Increasingly people's attention is drawn to traditional medicine, medicinal plants and preparations based on them. A special place in the turn of plants is Jerusalem artichoke.
It is distinguished by its composition and remarkable property not to accumulate heavy metals from the soil, as well as nitrates and radionuclides, which is very valuable in our disgusting ecological situation.
- What he is is
- composition of root crops
- Useful properties
- How to apply
- In diabetes
- diabetes with alcoholism and poisoning
- In diseases of the stomach and
- intestine to the overall strengthening of
- body by
- anemia Atherosclerosis
What heof itself is
This is a perennial herb tuberous plant with good yield, resistant to unfavorable weather conditions.
Tubers, to taste resemble cabbage stalks and well winter in the soil in the middle of Russia.
In the people it is often called an earth pear, and the botanical name is Helianthustuberosus( tuberous sunflower).
Thanks to the high yield, it is increasingly being introduced into gardens and vegetable gardens, especially in Siberia, where, due to the climate, many plants grow poorly and mature.
The central root deepens into the soil almost 3 m, due to which, the plant is very drought-resistant. The bulk of the root system is located close to the soil surface.
Tubers are oblong, pear-shaped or fusiform. The rind is thin, so they are easily damaged and quickly dry out in the air.
Composition of root crops
The composition of the tubers of an earthen pear is related to potatoes( but does not contain starch in them), and the nutrients exceed many relatives:
- free sugars( up to 18%): fructose, glucose, sucrose, oligosaccharides;
- pectin substances( up to 11%);
- cellulose and hemicellulose( 2%);
- 16 amino acids( up to 3% of the composition), 8 of which are irreplaceable: lysine, leucine, valine, threonine, isoleucine, phenylalanine, tyrosine, arginine, histidine, methionine, tryptophan, serine, alanine, glycine, aspartic and glutamic acid;
- microelements: calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, copper, iron, silicon, zinc, manganese;
- vitamins B1, B2, B6, PP and C.
And do you know how to do djubazhi at home with mineral water? About recommendations for cleaning the liver and gall bladder is written in a useful article.
The folk methods of treating a small red rash on the face of a child are written on this page.
Useful properties of
The value of Jerusalem artichoke is that it contains a small amount of glucose, and the carbohydrate complex is mainly inulin( consisting of fructose and glucose residues) and its derivatives.
Due to inulin, Jerusalem artichoke has prebiotic properties.
Since inulin is one of indigestible fructo-oligosaccharides, it refers to prebiotics that reach the large intestine in an unchanged form and there splits up to fructose.
It is used by the body as an energy source. In the presence of inulin, bifidobacteria actively multiply.
In addition, the polysaccharide inulin stimulates the pancreas and is used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus.
Fructose, a constituent of tubers, discharges the pancreas because its hydrolysis is performed by not with insulin, but with fructokinase , an enzyme contained in liver cells.
Some of its derivatives have antitumor activity and can serve as an anti-inflammatory agent.
With barium and strontium, inulin can form complexes, and this indicates its ability to remove heavy metals from the body.
Studies have shown that a long( at least a month) consumption of Jerusalem artichoke tubers for food, reduces blood pressure, normalizes the stool in people with constipation.
Therapeutic baths, using decoctions of stems and plant leaves, normalize sleep, tone up the body, improve appetite.
Research in the Irkutsk region on the relationship between the content, in tubers of Jerusalem artichoke and soil, heavy metals, revealed that with artificial overestimation of 10-15 times in the soil, in the tuber composition, this is almost not reflected.
Similar results were obtained for experiments with radioactive elements.
And what do you know about the treatment of the liver and gall bladder folk remedies? Read a useful article and learn a few folk recipes.
About treatment of laryngitis with folk remedies for adults is written here.
On the page: http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva /raznoe/ propolis.html it is written how to be treated with a tincture of propolis on alcohol.
Pectin( high molecular weight carbohydrate) in the tuber structure of the plant, has astringent and adsorbing action.
It is poorly digested in the intestines, but it stimulates the vital activity of useful microorganisms and removes harmful bacteria, triggers triglycerides and cholesterol, which are responsible for the development of cholelithiasis and atherosclerosis.
Such a rich biochemical composition determines the powerful preventive and curative effect of Jerusalem artichoke:
- strongly pronounced antiarrhythmic, hepatoprotective, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immunostimulating properties;
- decrease in the concentration of uric acid, and in 60-70% of cases until complete normalization, which helps in the treatment of heart and vascular diseases, endocrinology, gastroenterology, pulmonology;
- prevention of gallstones, atherosclerosis, anemia and osteoporosis;
- prevention and assistance in the treatment of cancer;
- help in getting rid of dysbiosis;
- decrease in blood glucose;
- excretion from the body of heavy metals;
- relief from depression and melancholy;
- increased sexual activity;
- strengthening of nails and hair.
Thanks to the totality of properties of Jerusalem artichoke, it was recommended for baby food.
How to use
The tubers are consumed in fresh and fried, boiled and stewed, of which salads are prepared, a coffee drink.
The roasted tubers taste like sweet, fried potatoes.
From the stems pressing produces a sweet juice, suitable for making molasses.
Traditional and traditional medicine, in addition to tubers, actively use leaves, flowers, stems and freshly prepared plant juice.
With diabetes mellitus
In water, the tubers are cooked( depending on the size) 7-28 minutes, and for a couple - about 15 minutes.
The calorie content of Jerusalem artichoke is not high( about 61 kcal per 100 g), and the variety of nutrients gives the dishes high dietary properties:
- Well reduce the level of glucose , curdled with Jerusalem artichoke juice, walnut leaves.
Two tablespoons of leaves chop, pour a 1.5 stack.hot juice, brew like tea, drain.
The received volume is divided into 5-7 parts and to drink during the day.
The drink is good for use in cold and cool seasons.
- Freshly squeezed juice from the reduces blood glucose.
A half-glass of a drink, consisting of juice, diluted in half with water, is taken up to 3 times a day.
With a good tolerance, the volume of the drink can be gradually increased to 1 cup.
With alcoholism and poisoning
- Excellent sober and soothing 2 glasses of lemon and Jerusalem artichoke, taken in equal proportions.
This drink quickly removes toxins from the body.
- Five to six times a day to drink in small sips of 50-100 ml of Jerusalem artichoke juice.
The success of the treatment in this case entirely depends on the determination of the patient.
- A good antidote for alcohol is a mixture of Jerusalem artichoke and celery juices mixed in a 1: 1 ratio.
This drink is also very sobering.
Take small sips once a day.
Course - 30 days.
- To remove intoxication with alcohol and reduce craving for alcoholic beverages, drink unlimited quantities of apple and Jerusalem artichoke juices, mixed in equal parts.
With diseases of the stomach and intestines
The fiber of Jerusalem artichoke has the property not to irritate the stomach and intestinal mucosa, so when exacerbating gastrointestinal diseases it is better to eat well-digested tubers.
- When spasms of the digestive tract take three times a day for half an hour before meals for 30 drops of infused 21 days per liter of vodka of calendula flowers( "marigolds") and Jerusalem artichoke and cinnamon powder taken for 50 g.
- For stomach pains against stressmake the next infusion:
- 1.5 liters of vodka pour a mixture of 50 g of dried marigold flowers( "marigold") and Jerusalem artichoke,
- dry lemon balm and Jerusalem artichoke,
- infuse for 2 weeks, periodically shaking
Take an hour after eating a teaspoon three times a day.
- For discomfort in the epigastric region, take a mixture of 100 g of freshly squeezed Jerusalem artichoke juice and 25 grams of Licorice and Jerusalem artichoke root powder on a coffee spoon.
To prevent such conditions, take this mixture three times a day after meals.
For general strengthening of the body
- Infusion from young stems and leaves are made from raw materials harvested before or during flowering.
Stems with leaves are dried in shade, crushed.
For 3 cups of boiling water take:
- 1 tbsp.l.raw materials,
- is heated for a quarter of an hour in a water bath without boiling,
- is cooled for 45 minutes,
- is filtered.
Take 3-4 times a day for a quarter of an hour before eating half the glass.
Course - 30 days.
Break - 1,5 weeks.
- Well-washed tubers are eaten together with the skin on 50-100 g, twice a day, half an hour before meals.
Courses for 30 days with 1.5-week breaks.
- Or, according to the same scheme, take 50-100 g of freshly squeezed juice, which neutralizes the accumulated toxins.
- Juice can be replaced with with Jerusalem artichoke kvass :
chopped tubers with water and put in a warm place for 3-4 days.
Drink without restrictions.
- In the morning, on an empty stomach, and in the evening, shortly before sleep - take a glass of Jerusalem artichoke in which a tablespoon of honey is stirred.
- In iron deficiency anemia benefits from a mixture of apple juice and artichoke.
Take 2-3 times a day for 0.5 stacks. A drink consisting of juices taken in equal proportions.
- Many vitamins and trace elements, iron, increasing the number of red blood cells, in a mixture of equal quantities of beet juice, settled in the refrigerator for 4 hours, and Jerusalem artichoke juice.
Accept as in the previous recipe.
- With a pronounced disease, instead of breakfast, eat porridge from Jerusalem artichoke with apples:
- several tubers to grind,
- add a few pieces of apple,
- add honey to taste and 2-3 smallly cut walnuts.
- Significantly improves the system of arteries, due to the high content of vitamin P, the lemon peel infused on the Jerusalem artichoke juice:
- cut 1-2 lemons,
- pour warm juice,
- infuse for 10-12 hours, occasionally stirring.
Take a couple of tablespoons three times a day, before or immediately after a meal.
Look at the video about the therapeutic properties of Jerusalem artichoke in diabetes mellitus.