Toothache for colds: treatment and causes | How to relieve toothache for colds
Teeth can be sore due to a common cold. Among them, their fever, as well as cough and general weakness, muscle pain and pain in the head. Sometimes during a cold, teeth are also hurt. Are you concerned about a toothache for a cold? How to remove it in this situation, find out in this article.
Causes of development of toothache for colds
It would seem, how can a toothache be caused by a cold? Our body is a complex system where the disruption of the work of a certain component of it suddenly affects the activities of all others. With flu or cold, when the disease affects mainly the respiratory tract, an inflammatory process of the paranasal sinuses is observed. In this case, sputum is formed on the mucous membrane blocking the passageways of the nasal sinuses, forming a pressure there. It's what leads to toothache during a cold.Yandex. Direct
|Quickly heal fromcolds? Ergoferon - everything you need fortreatmentinfluenza and|
Painatthroat. CausesSage - removes inflammation andpainatthroat. For adults and children from 5 years From inflammation and pain in the neck. Adults and children from 5 years of age Compostbolitgorlo.infoAddress and telephone There are contraindications. Talk to your doctor. Hide Ad|
Painatjoint. Powerfultreatment. How quickly to win the disease without leaving home, paying only 12 minutes per day. There are contraindications. Talk to your doctor. Hide Ad|
Pressure in the nasal sinus is the main cause of a cold. But there are many other causes of cold toothache.
1. Mostly, during the cold we drink a lot of acid-containing liquids. Take tea with lemon. Lemon contains a huge number of organic acids that adversely affect the teeth. To reduce the harmful effects, we can advise you, less to keep such fluids with acid in your mouth, swallowing them immediately.
2. Secondly, during the cold our mouth quickly becomes dry, as we often simply can not breathe with the help of a clogged nose. Add here a cough, also drying out the mouth and throwing out particles of liquid. When the mouth remains dry, the remaining sugar is bad for the teeth. To avoid this, you should often drink something and it is better that it is just water.
3. Thirdly, one of the signs of a severe cold, especially the flu, is an intestinal disorder. And this means vomiting and nausea. The stomach produces a huge amount of acid. When it exits outward along with the masses of vomiting, its individual parts remain on the enamel of the teeth, damaging it. With a strong cold, do not forget to rinse your mouth. You will be able to eliminate not only the unpleasant odor, but also the remnants of gastric juice. It is best to just rinse your mouth without using a toothbrush.
How to remove a toothache for a cold?
A sharp, aching toothache still did not bring anyone joy. It can overtake at any time in your life - during eating, talking, laughing, drinking cold water, etc. Many people here ask themselves what to do.
There is a large number of medicines for toothache for colds, however, and they are not always effective. In addition to them, there are many means, so to say, of traditional medicine. For example,
1. Rinsing the mouth with an aqueous solution of baking soda (for this you need to dissolve one teaspoon of soda in a glass of warm water and thoroughly rinse the mouth with the resulting solution). This method will help to remove inflammation and reduce irritation of the periodontal tissue. Usually it is sufficient to conduct 3 similar procedures for an hour.
2. An irreplaceable remedy for toothache are Dental Drops, which can be purchased at every pharmacy. The recipe for their use is very simple: a cotton swab is moistened in a few drops of the drug and applied to a sore spot. These miraculous drops include valerian and camphor, which are known to have a calming effect.
3. Many people are helped by the resorption of mint tablets. To do this, put one or two tablets under the tongue until they are completely dissolved. In fifteen minutes the pain should subside.
4. Hot sage broth also fights toothache. It should be kept warm in the mouth where the tooth is located.
If all of the above methods do not help you in the fight against toothache, then you will be urgently contacted by a dental clinic and assisted by a specialist.
Other ways to treat toothache for colds
In addition to medicines and recipes of traditional medicine, there are many homeopathic remedies for the treatment of toothache. However, their use is possible only after consulting a doctor.
It is worth noting that dentistry as a science does not stand still, but is constantly evolving. New equipment, new technologies and new methods of treating toothache for colds are being created. Recently, scientists from one of the British universities came to the conclusion that cranberries and cranberry juice remove from the surface of the teeth bacteria that cause caries.
Despite the existence of numerous methods, the only correct solution will be a timely appeal to the dentist who can not only identify the cause, but also help to solve the problem itself.
At me because of ORVI (and can and a flu) have suddenly started to hurt or be ill; be sick a teeth at the left more from above. Che for nafig? :( How to be treated?
Why there is a toothache for a cold?
There are several reasons for the appearance of a toothache in a common cold.
Infectious viruses affect the respiratory system, inflamed the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract. Sputum appears, which increases the pressure in the paranasal sinuses. It is the cause of toothache for colds. Sometimes the cold can be caused by drugs that you use in ARVI. If you drink a liquid that contains a lot of acid (regular tea with lemon or instant teas from colds - teraflu preparations, maksgripp and others), tooth enamel becomes thinner and teeth become more sensitive. Try to keep such liquids in your mouth as little as possible. The remedies you take with a cold contain not only acid, but also sugar, which also has a harmful effect on tooth enamel. Therefore, after taking such drugs, you should remember to rinse your mouth. If a cold is accompanied by a runny nose, a person can not breathe through his nose, so he breathes his mouth. Consequently, the oral cavity is quickly desiccated. Sugar, which after a meal in a small amount remains on the teeth, in conditions of "dryness" begins to act more actively on the teeth, so they are destroyed, and pain arises. It is recommended to drink plain water more often. Colds can be accompanied by disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, because the virus that gets into the body walks wherever it wants. If there is nausea and vomiting, the teeth along with the vomit can get acid from the stomach. It actively destroys the enamel of the teeth. If such trouble arises, rinse your mouth as often as possible, but when rinsing with a toothbrush it is not recommended to use.
The hospital is expensive.
ARI and the flu are not connected with the tooth... in general... But everyone individually.. And here you have missed describing your state
to the dentist))
Why do my teeth hurt?
The reasons for the toothache are quite a lot, but not all of them are associated with diseases of the oral cavity. Often this symptom is a sign of pathologies of the maxillary sinuses, pharynx and even diseases of the nervous system. Accordingly, before the therapeutic measures should be established, why the teeth hurt. It matters not only the nature of unpleasant sensations, but also the duration of the syndrome, its localization and severity.
Why do teeth hurt from sweet or cold?
If the described state occurs in response to any irritating factors, whether it is receiving hot or cold, sweet, salty, acidic foods and drinks, solid foods are likely to be damaged tissues of teeth. The most likely diagnoses in such situations are:
- middle or deep caries;
- acute, purulent, chronic pulpitis;
- periapical abscess;
- root cyst;
- postmolar periostitis.
The listed diseases, as a rule, are accompanied by accompanying signs, often - an increase in body temperature.
Why does the tooth ache after removal of the nerve and under the seal?
After visiting the dentist, it is quite logical to expect the disappearance of pain and any unpleasant sensations. However, in some cases, discomfort remains, and sometimes intensifies. This does not mean that the doctor has not approached his duties well.
With the removal of nerves, the filling of canals and cavities of the tooth, the therapy of periodontitis and other pathologies of the oral cavity, the pain syndrome persists for the following reasons:
- individual reaction to the mechanical processing of teeth;
- close arrangement of the seal to the nerve;
- irritation of the tissue surrounding the root of the tooth;
- the residual focus of infection with which the body must cope through the immune system.
These factors cause quite tolerable pain, it passes by itself for 1-8 weeks and does not require special treatment.
Why do my teeth hurt with cold and flu?
Neither ARI nor ARVI are capable of provoking toothache. The pathology under consideration arises against the background of concomitant pathological conditions and complications of infectious diseases:
- otitis media;
- diseases of the paranasal sinuses;
Especially intense pain syndrome is observed in purulent inflammatory processes.
Why do all your teeth hurt at once?
The causes of such a strange disorder are not related to the pathologies of the teeth or gums, they can be as follows:
- viral inflammation of the trigeminal nerve;
- salivary stone disease;
- cluster headaches;
- angina pectoris;
- dysfunction or trauma to the muscles of the neck, jaw, head;
- presence of tumors;
- violation of the temporomandibular joint;
- atypical pain syndrome.
What to do if your teeth hurt with colds
A lot of people know the feeling when their teeth hurt with a cold. This happens after staying in a strong wind, draft, in the cold, bathing in cold water, walking for a while in wet shoes. All this can lead to a cold, and toothache is a signal about the development of ailment.
Problem with teeth
What to do and how to treat this disease? If there is sensitivity and a painful reaction to hot and cold, salty and sweet, then first of all you need to visit the dentist. When all these signs appear precisely because of a cold, the doctor will prescribe painkillers and anti-inflammatory pharmaceuticals.
Sometimes it can happen that the dentist sends the patient to a consultation with a neurologist. But do not be scared. When the trigeminal nerve is inflamed, only this specialist will prescribe appropriate and effective medications.
When teeth are aching for a cold, what should I do? To solve this problem, there are several options:
- folk remedies;
methods of traditional medicine.
Time-tested folk remedies
Previously, people saved themselves from toothache with the help of such tools:
- the place where the pain was most felt, rubbed with a cut garlic tooth;
- a strong infusion of ginger rinsed a sore spot or rubbed it into the gum;
- To eliminate a toothache it is possible with the help of a piece of unsalted lard that should be put between the gum where it hurts and the cheek;
- to the problem place you can put a little gruel, prepared from leaves of room geranium;
Propolis is very effective in combating any toothache: it not only removes it, but also helps to avoid festering abscesses.
If your teeth hurt with a cold, you can use these methods. They will in most cases have a positive effect. But only in the event that the pain is present in the teeth affected by tooth decay.
And how else can you help yourself if your teeth hurt with colds? What to rinse, to eliminate discomfort? There are several recipes that it makes sense to use at home:
1. It is very good to rinse the oral cavity with a solution of soda. This helps to relieve inflammation from the tissues near the teeth. To make it, you need a glass of warm water and a teaspoon of baking soda.
2. Take thyme, sage and yarrow in equal proportions. Of these plants, a decoction is made, which must be rinsed several times a day.
3. If during a cold badly bites your teeth, then the hot decoction of sage becomes irreplaceable. It must be typed into the mouth and kept in the area of the sore spot until the unpleasant sensation ceases.
And how to treat toothache with homeopathic remedies? It is not recommended to take them independently. Only after a preliminary consultation with a specialist - a doctor-homeopath. If this is not done, then you can not improve your health, but, on the contrary, make it even worse.
Causes of health problems
Why do teeth hurt with colds? The reasons can be different. At first glance it seems that these two diseases are absolutely unrelated. Especially such a moment surprises when the teeth are healthy.
In the case of a viral infection or respiratory disease, the respiratory tract is affected, the mucous membrane becomes inflamed. Then there are discharge from the nose, a lot of secretion is collected in the sinuses. They, in turn, press on the nervous dental endings.
Also, the reason that teeth are aching for colds may be liquid pharmaceutical preparations, which the patient takes with the disease. Basically, their composition includes citric acid, which thins the tooth enamel. And this contributes to a greater sensitivity to external stimuli. To prevent this from happening, the medicine does not need to be retained for a long time in the mouth, or even better - to drink this liquid using a tube.
If the nose is badly blocked during the cold, the patient naturally breathes his mouth, which leads to the drying of the oral cavity, and the sugar that remained after eating negatively affects the enamel. The sensitivity of the teeth rises, and the sensation of pain appears more often. In this case, it is advisable to drink plenty of warm water.
Why do teeth hurt with colds? Because of the stomach acid that destroys the enamel. It happens that a disorder caused by a virus or infection that has got into the human body provokes vomiting. A stomach acid, which eventually remained on the enamel, destroys it. To avoid this, after a vomiting attack, rinse the mouth thoroughly with warm water.
How to help if your teeth hurt with a cold? Of course, medicines will be needed here. Most prefer paracetamol, since it is considered one of the inexpensive and harmless means. With its help, mild pain will calm down, the inflammatory process will decrease and the fever will drop.
If the pain is very severe, then it is better to use drugs such as Ibuprofen or Nimesulide. Both the first and second means have analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effects.
You can also use tooth drops. The treatment process is very simple. In any pharmacy, such drugs can be purchased. How to use them? It is necessary to drop a few drops on cotton wool, which is applied to the problem site. The basis of these drugs is valerian or camphor, which have a sedative effect.
You can get rid of colds with the help of resorptive peppermint tablets. Until the complete disappearance of the unpleasant sensation of them at one time you need to eat a few things.
In order not to have a toothache during a cold, you should always monitor the oral cavity. Do not be lazy to brush your teeth in the morning and evening, rinse your mouth after eating, as well as any pharmaceutical preparations.
If a person with a cold constantly observes oral hygiene, he most likely will not encounter a toothache.
To transfer the disease is best, observing the bed rest, so as not to make yourself worse. Do not hesitate to eat garlic and onion in raw form. Since they are excellent home antiseptics, which also kill a large number of microbes in the oral cavity.
Not so long ago, scientists concluded that in the fight against bacteria that are on the tooth enamel and are the cause of tooth decay, cranberry or freshly squeezed juice from it is good.
Perhaps not everyone knows that when teeth are aching during a cold, any surgical intervention in the oral cavity is contraindicated. Because of the weakened state of the body, even a small procedure can lead to complications.