Nutmeg is known for its unique taste, light and spicy, slightly spicy, and also due to the finest flavor. In cooking, he found the widest application. In addition, the useful properties of the product make it possible to use it in cosmetology and medicine.
- Nut benefits for men and women
- Nutritional value and calorie content
- Contraindications and possible harm
- Ways of use in folk medicine and cosmetology
Nut benefits for men and women
Nutritionists advise to use nutmeg in dishes if you want to lose weight. In addition, they will become more delicious, the product will also help reduce the feeling of hunger, speed up the digestion process. The unique composition of nutmeg provides maximum benefit to the human body:
- Nutmeg helps fight against diarrhea, and without side effects, which often accompany appropriate medications.
- Effectively eliminates excessive accumulation in the intestine of gases.
- Struggles with a stomach ulcer, gastritis, intestinal infections, tuberculosis.
- Activates the work of the nervous system, normalizes the activity of blood vessels and cardiac muscle.
- Often used for the treatment of arthritis and varicose veins.
- Has a strong diuretic and choleretic effect.
- Relieves pain and warms with diseases of bones, muscles, connective tissues.
- Actively affects the reproductive function of men, restores an erection, increases libido.
- Adjusts the menstrual cycle, helps fight the menopause.
- Fights toothache and headache.
- Helps to get rid of drowsiness and constant fatigue, improves memory, strengthens concentration.
- Eliminates bad breath.
Nutritional value and calorific value of
100 g of nutmeg contain about 556 kcal. This is almost 27% of the daily caloric value. It is convenient to use spoons to determine the weight of the product. So, a teaspoon of nutmeg powder weighing 4 grams contains 22 kilocalories, and a tablespoon( 11 g nutmeg) - 61 kilocalories.
100 g of the product contains 20 g of protein, 7 g of carbohydrates and 27 and 3 g of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, respectively.
Nutmeg contains a lot of useful vitamins and microelements. This is almost all the vitamins of the group of B, vitamin E, H, PP.Of the minerals it contains potassium, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, phosphorus, sodium, aluminum, boron and many others.
Contraindications and possible harm
Despite the benefits of the product, in some cases it may be harmful. So, it is strictly forbidden to use nutmeg in pregnancy irrespective of the term. It provokes strong blood flow to the uterus, which can lead to premature birth or even miscarriage.
The composition of the spice is myristicin, which can penetrate the placenta and have a negative effect on the unborn child. Also there are such contraindications to nutmeg use:
- Allergic reactions and individual intolerance of the product;
- Severe mental disorders;
- Breastfeeding period.
- It is worth to be cautious to the elderly. In early childhood, nutmeg is also not recommended.
Milk mushroom: useful properties and contraindications, reviews about people remedy.
What is the use of arugula for the body of women and men? Read in this article.
Application of the Brazil nut in folk medicine - http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva /lekarstva/ produkty-pitaniya / brazilskij-oreh.html
Ways of using in folk medicine and cosmetology
- Muscat balm .This remedy is used for rubbing with stomach spasms, intestinal colic, with diarrhea, vomiting, paralysis of the extremities. To prepare, mix 30 g of fused yellow wax, 90 ml of nutmeg fatty oil and 60 mozmand oil. All must be thoroughly mixed, and afterwards add about 24 drops of essential oil of nutmeg.
- Muscat tincture .Alcohol tincture can be used to treat varicose, thrombophlebitis, endarteritis. For cooking, you need to take two hundred grams of nuts, chopped with a small grater, pour it with one liter of vodka, then strain. Eat 25 drops three times a day. Treatment takes place in courses.
- Recipe for pain in the intestines and stomach .Powder nutmeg should be consumed three times a day at a rate of 0.5-1.5 grams. You can also pour the daily rate of this powder 200 ml of boiling water and insist for an hour. Use three or four times a day for 50 ml. It can also be used for headaches, diseases of the nervous system, stomach disorders.
- For the treatment of diarrhea .It is necessary to mix in a glass of natural yogurt or kefir by a third of a teaspoon of nutmeg and ginger powder.
- For external use .A paste made from powdered nutmeg or vegetable oil can be used as an additional treatment for colds( for rubbing the breasts), myositis, arthritis, rheumatism, joint pain and so on. It is necessary to gradually mix the nut powder with the oil, so that the result is a paste, similar in consistence to a thick sour cream. Warm paste should be applied to the affected area of the body with the help of light massage movements.
- A recipe that improves the memory of .A tablespoon of nutmeg in powder and the same caraway seeds and seeds of anise should be poured with one liter of wine, let it brew for 14 days. Use three times a day in the amount of 50 ml. It is also possible to prepare such a tincture on cognac. In this case, the dose should be 25 ml.
- Body cleaning mixture .One of the most popular causes of arthritis and joint pain are chronic infections. To get rid of them and normalize metabolic processes, you can use a therapeutic powder. It is necessary to mix 2 parts of spice cloves, 3 pieces of walnut, 4 parts of rue in leaves and 12 parts of celery roots. Use a teaspoon of the mixture before eating.
- Scrub for cleansing the face. In cosmetology, nutmeg is popular because of its cleansing properties. To make a scrub, take nutmeg and orange lentil powder in identical proportions, add water or a chamomile broth( you can calendula) to get a consistency of thick paste. The scrub helps to clean the contaminated pores, eliminate dead cells, and also relieve the skin of acne and other defects.
- Mask for whitening skin .This mask will give the skin a beautiful smooth tone, eliminate traces of acne and act. It is necessary in the same proportions to mix honey and ground nutmeg to make a homogeneous paste. It is applied to problem areas. Suitable for daily use.
- Night cream with nutmeg .This cream makes it possible not only to provide the skin with quality nutrition, but also to quickly eliminate acne and acne. You must mix the nut powder with milk or water to make a paste. Wash face, dry with a napkin. Apply the product to problem areas, let the mask dry. Leave it overnight. In the morning, rinse with cold water.
- Nutmeg for slimming .Despite the fact that the nut is considered a strange product for weight loss due to the high caloric value, in nutritional nutrition, nutmeg is appropriate. Its smell will reduce appetite, and the fats that it contains, are invaluable to the body. Of course, it's important not to overdo it with the use of this product, otherwise you can get the opposite effect.
You can use whole nutmeg to lose weight. If there is no such possibility, the spice in the form of a powder will suit. It can simply be added to food and drinks - so they will be absorbed easier and faster.
With this spice, the body digests even heavy meals, for example, lamb, pork, sweets. Therefore, it can become an indispensable component of the festive table.